“If you are looking for a nice place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Pension 15
Vlkova 452/15, Prague 130 00, Czech Republic (Praha 3)   |
Ranked #170 of 566 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Budapest, Hungary
“If you are looking for a nice place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

First weekend of May 2014 was my second trip to Prague, first was in 2012.
I really liked this friendly, nice place first time as well, and decided to choose it again.
Though at the beginning of April they were fully book, they were very nice and helpful! In 2 days they wrote back to me, that there was a cancellation so I managed to book a room. I was very happy!
Rooms, even the common bathrooms are nice, very clean. Staff is also very friendly.
It is only a few tram stops far from the city center, one stop from the main train station, so it has a very good location.
If you are looking for a non-expensive accommodation, I can recommend this convenient place to stay :)
Cheers, Eve

Room Tip: I had relaxed nights on the 2nd and 3rd floor as well! Beds are very comfortable!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Gdynia, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited this hostel several times in the past two years. It's close to the subway and close to Riegrovy sady park which is a great place to stroll and see the whole old town from up the hill. Also as a district - Zizkov has the biggest density of pubs in Europe - if you're into pubs and Czech beer.

Getting back to the hostel. The rooms are not that spacious - rather packed with beds to have more guests. The walls are thin so you can hear almost everything that's going on your floor. If it comes to the service - their knowledge of English is terrible most of the times and it's hard to communicate let alone negotiate anything. It's worthwhile to learn some basic words in Czech and come prepared after studying their website.

The toilets and showers are in good state - no problems here. The price for a room is one of the cheapest there is in that proximity to the city center and main train station. If you're on a budget and don't have high expectations you might be content with what you get. I've come back due to the price and I spent most of the time in the city during the day and part of the night.

Room Tip: Do not choose the room in the basement - it's spacious (with a very small window though) but the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Location is close enough to city centre, but as young girls (20,21) it was nerve racking to walk down the street of the hostel at night. No body around and all abandoned buildings. We had a double room, shared bathrooms. It was only 14 euros each a night which is really cheap. Basically got what we paid for. Couldn't walk between the beds and it was boiling hot. Seems clean the first day but no one cleaned anything even the toilets the entire time we were there (4 days). Reception was fine and they do your laundry for you for 4 euros. Wouldn't stay again as did not feel safe at all. Very very loud in the mornings (beginning at 6am) walls are very thin !

• Stayed July 2013
Lodz, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

After our arriving to the hostel we (my girlfriend and I) were asked to pay full price for two nights when we had booked it here on webside so we have paid 10 percent of the price already. The girl on the reception after explaining it to her kept us around 10 minutes to find our missing reservation but she did it whatever we were not the only one with this experince, you will find similar story below...

I am not a guy who needs too much to be happy but when I pay for something I want to be treat like a customer not like a crap (pardon my French ) but I just cannot find word to discribe this guy at the reception, his misbehaving simply insulted me rude and arogant apparently not feeling well with his life. It was the worst service since I remember.

PS The long hair guy from Pansion 15 if you are reading it you know who you are in my opinion. I would write it down but I didn't want this message to be delated.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I must say i really enjoyed this hostel. First of all it is located in a great neighborhood(very close to center, many restaurant and bars, quiet ) . Second of all, i did really like my room, (we were renting two-bed room) though beds were quite close to each other but it didn't bother me. It was quiet during night and also a lady at reception was very kind to us. ;) Bathroom and our room was very clean but there was no fridge in our room. All in all i do recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It is my favourite budget accommodation in Prague, in my favourite and best district of Prague - Žižkov. Who did not visit Žižkov, he was not in Prague. There are dozens of pubs nearby where you can try all brands of famous Czech beers. Pension is located only 15 mins by foot from Main Railway Station and 40 mins by foot from Old Market Sqaure (for Hrad castle better take a tram). But be aware of very steep stairs (especially after >5 beers) and be aware of horrible behavior fellow tourist (especially young ones) who are screaming, singing and slamming doors and making your sleep impossible (as the previous contributors noticed).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

After two months travel in Europe, this is my first terrible review. Pension 15 is not a place to come if you want to sleep. The walls are so thin it sounds like people are in your room. The doors make loud slamming noises all night. My double room with two twins was so crammed that you can not walk between the beds. The beds are situated under a window with curtains that do not block out the bright street light. Seriously, it is like there is a light on all night in your room. The staff is overworked and cranky. Sure this place is pretty darn cheap but i've stayed in far better places than this for the same cost.

• Stayed July 2012