“I'd go back in a second” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel King David Prague

Save Saved
You added Hotel King David Prague to your Saves list
Hotel King David Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hybernska 42 | Praha 1, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Formerly Hotel Terminus Prague)   |
Ranked #259 of 668 hotels in Prague
Vancouver, Canada
“I'd go back in a second”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My travel agent recommended the Golden Tulip Terminus for the location and price.

It's only one block off the beaten path, and once settled in, I found it very comfortable and welcoming. The doorman/porter ( older gentleman ) was a treat..old school manners and always a smile.

The desk staff helped with transit directions and booked a couples tours ( tour operator picked up at the hotel )

Room was very quiet...no issues with noise at all.

There was some nasty cold weather during the stay, but once inside the huge velvet curtain at the entrance, it was warm and comfortable in the room.

I read a previous review that criticized the breakfast...well either that person was overly particular...or the management pulled off a miracle. The breakfast buffet was my favourite part of the morning...tons of choices...all yummy...and plenty of it.

If I didn't think it was rude, I would have just stayed down there and ate breakfast all day, until something burst.

Just around the corner is Rustica...excellent priced food and cold cheap beer . Along the other block is a corner store that sells 5 dollar bottles of French red wine that cost triple that here in Canada.

Minutes to the trams, long distance trains and the city center.

Make friends with the local newspaper vendor and buy your transit passes there, plus the English language Prague Post newspaper for events and local happenings.

I'd easily recommend this hotel to anyone who is not driving a Rolls Royce and eating caviar at the moment.

I stayed for a week.

P.S. The cobblestones are murder on the feet. Pack extremely good walking/hiking shoes.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 512. Quiet as could be there.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel King David Prague, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Mike,

We can't thank you enough for the lovely comments you have shared here. The employees you have mentioned will be recognised for their job well done.

We are pleased to hear when a guest leaves the hotel satisfied and we hope to see you back again in the near future.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
victoria b.c.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

They try. The golden tulip does try to be a good hotel. From the auto mated front door opening for you, to the well dressed and helpful front desk people.
Our particular room was spacious and adequate and the sound proofed windows blocked out a lot of noise from traffic and local transit. I can't be negative about any noise because we chose specifically to stay near the train station.
The buffet breakfast in the basement, again was good and the selection was more than bountiful.
I guess, for us, travelling with a three year old the location and overall feeling that the hotel was trying to disguise itself has a higher rated property was a bit unnerving.
Just too many homeless, questionable characters and shady characters around the surrounding area.
However, to old town, the tours they will schedule for you, hotel taxi service and other amenities, I must be fair and say that they really did do a great job helping us accomplish our touristy needs.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Jo,

Thank you for sharing your opinion with other travellers. We appreciate all our guests feedback which enables us to monitor and improve our services.

Your kind comments about our staff will be shared with the entire team.

We very much hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Naas, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We went with a group of 9 lads and stayed here. The price you pay for the location and is fantastic it is a very short walk to the old town square, Wencles Square (sp), and the train station. The staff were very helpful with everything we asked for and the room sizes were fantastic plenty of room in the 3 rooms that we got. Rooms were cleaned everyday and bathrooms were also spotless.

Make sure to check out by 12 o clock because if you do not you will be charged.

• Stayed January 2013
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel King David Prague, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear Phil,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travellers. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to your return.

Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed there for three nights. The location is very good indeed, less than 4-5 minutes slow walk from the main train station and no more than 10 minutes from the historic heart of the city. It makes no sense to take a cab, and sidewalks along the way are generally smooth, so you can easily pull your suitcase from the station. The building stands on the corner, next to the noisy flyovers, but my room was from the inner courtyard, so there was no noise problem. The room was really big, with high ceilings and large windows. Reception decor is a bit tacky - not very successful imitation of the "Art Deco" or "Jugendstil" - but if you are not a connoisseur of art, then you will like it;-). The rest is kept in the standard of 10 years ago, but generally not very worn. It is very clean, the rooms are large, the bathroom also very clean, friendly and unobtrusive service. Wireless internet is operating correctly and without disruption, air conditioning as above. Breakfasts are unfortunately no more than average. To sum up - the price, such as the city center is really good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Marcin,

Thank you for sharing your comments with other travellers. We are glad that you felt comfortable during your stay. Following your comments we will look into improvements of the breakfast.

Once again we thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

It was my first visit to Prague and i booked this hotel for nice price and for it's good position in town. The room was very loud. I can head everything. For me it is an important disadventage. The personal was frendly. when i sad to pay by credit card it was was a little strange for me than on reception asked me to write everything about my credit card include information of SCV code. I will never book this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, which enables us to improve our services. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the noise in your bedroom. I am happy to inform you that we are due to a soundproofing of all bedroom windows in the coming months.

With reference to the CCV number, I assure you we did not note this number down and when my colleague asked for your credit card details he meant the only the long number and expiry date. Perhaps this was a misunderstanding between you and the receptionist. We will do all possible to avoid any similar confusion in the future and I assure you that your card is safe and there is no need to worry.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was dark when I arrived in Prague, it was my first time visiting the city and I booked this hotel as it was close to the train station and the price was reasonable. I checked out Google maps before my departure from Brno to make sure I knew where I was going and it was easy, under 5 minutes walk. But let me tell you I still somehow managed to get lost! Not the hotels fault of course but by the time I got in I was tired. I walked through the door and was greeted immediately and was helped with my luggage up the stairs and to the reception desk. Checking in and out was easy and the staff were nice and friendly.

My room was also very nice, clean and comfortable I was extremely pleased with what I got for the price I paid. The bed was so comfortable I slept very well although that could have been because I was very tired.

Breakfast here was also very nice, they offered hot and cold breakfast buffet and had a good selection.

Overall if I had to book a hotel in Prague again this would be my first choice.

Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel King David Prague, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with other travellers. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay and we already look forward to your next visit.

Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed one night in transit from Vienna to London. While it was a little challenging to find it because I did not follow the directions from the train station very well and it was raining and muddy. My family of five completely forgot all of that when we arrived to the "magic door".
The wifi was free, the breakfast was plentiful, the staff was like family we have never met. My husband and I sat in the comfortable lobby "room" sipping drinks.
The walk to old town was simple and brief, even with the discomfort of the rain, the brief visit to Prague was very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Lobby level was a little loud in the am, but convenient.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Katarina V, Manager at Hotel King David Prague, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for sharing your kind words with other travellers. We are pleased to hear that you felt welcome in our hotel and we already look forward to your next visit.

We wish you and your family a happy New Year 2013!

The Terminus team

Been to Hotel King David Prague? Share your experiences!