“Another five star review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Questenberk

You added Questenberk to your Saves list
Questenberk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uvoz 155/15 | Prague Castle Area, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Hradcany & Letna)   |
Special Offer
Book directly and get!
Ranked #18 of 662 Hotels in Prague
York, United Kingdom
“Another five star review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

To be honest, I'm not sure what I can add to the earlier reviewers' praise. The location is fantastic (central yet quiet, public transport links & small supermarket nearby), the room is great with lovely bathroom toiletries, breakfast is tasty, varied and plentiful - and the views, well, you just have to see for yourself. But Questenberk's most valuable asset are its attentive, polite and helpful staff - my husband and I agree this is the best service we've ever received. I can only congratulate the whole team at Questenberk for their achievements and wish them every success - they deserve it. Hopefully we'll be back in Prague to enjoy the unique treat that this hotel is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Menthon-Saint-Bernard, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hotel very well located with nice view of Prague next to the Castle and ranked among the twenty best. Room and bathroom very clean with wifi full operational and fridge at disposal. Very good TV. Continental breakfast and Czech excellent. Staff discreet and caring (especially Jacob).
10 min Walk to castle and Petrín hill. 25 min Max walk to downtown. We will back again !!!

Room Tip: Room 301 next to sueden ambassy quieter but without pretty view
Derby, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

It's difficult to expand on the reviews below, we simply loved it here! We visited for three nights and had a great time, from welcome through to checkout. The room was great, the housekeeping was great and the breakfasts were well worth getting up for. Like another reviewer below, we were also given a bill with items from the minibar that we hadn't had. However, there were no issues when we challenged them on this and we just paid for what we had. I would certainly recommend staying here as it is in such a great location and the walk to and from the city center is fab. Just be prepared to walk up a steep incline!

Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Looks amazing from the outside and is in a great location. Everything is within walking distance. As soon as we walked in we were greeted with fantastic hospitality. Jacob who dealt with us was very informative and told us everything we needed to know over a beer on the hotel terrace which has a great view. The breakfast supplied is great but get up early if you want the table with the best view of the city. Continental breakfast but good. The room was lovely apart from the tv only had bbc news but who goes on holiday to watch tv!!! The bed was ridiculous, so comfy!! and just what we needed after a day exploring the city and drinking beer. You will not regret using this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I chose the Questenberk not only because of the multiple positive comments on Tripadvisor but also because I was impressed by the promptness and detail of replies to my email requests which already gave me an indication of the quality I could expect.

This was a trip I offered my mother who is 83 and she was absolutely delighted with the hotel. The fact that we were on top of a hill did not deter her the least bit particularly since the tram is nearby and, as staff had indicated by mail, one can either walk down to the city centre which is surprisingly close and then take the tram back at the end of the day.

Arriving 4 hours 1/2 late at Prague airport it was nice to be met by a friendly, courteous and experienced driver, a service offered by the hotel at a very reasonable cost. I did not hesitate asking for the same service when returning to the airport a week later.

As the hotel is situated on the hill, the environment is peaceful. All one can hear at night is the church bells chiming and sometimes the rattling of tyres on the cobbled street which is all rather charming.

We especially appreciated the following :

Helpful and courteous staff anywhere in the hotel and who are happy to assist with any request from printing out a train timetable to explaining how to get to a particular place and much more.

Excellent breakfast in a very pleasant environment.

The ground floor sitting area where one can prepare a cup of coffee or tea most of the time accompanied by cakes and/or fruit, watch TV or read (with staff always nearby to check all is working and in order).

A computer with wifi available 24/24 on ground floor which is great if not wanting to disturb room mates.

Comfortable beds and mattresses.

Cleanliness!

On departure I commented on the fact that our bathroom was lacking a small stool or a stand to put things on and I already had a reply from management that they have taken this matter on board.

I definitely will be going back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Hardtoplease98,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your stay with us at the Questenberk hotel Prague.

We are all blown away by your comments and delighted that we stand apart from other hotels. It was such a joy to read your review and the team and thrilled that from the moment you arrived you were not in the least bit disappointed.

I have to agree with you that our guest lounge with complimentary tea and coffee and afternoon refreshment is something truly special and enjoyable especially after walking all day long on cobblestone streets of Prague.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Questenberk hotel and that it will be before too long.

With warmest wishes,

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Loved staying in the Castle district. Just a short walk to the bridge and then onto the main square. The staff was great and help out whenever asked. the breakfast had a good selection and the room was a very good size.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor think I would have liked to be up higher with a view of the city
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear dremolitor,

let me thank you for staying with us at the Questenberk Hotel Prague and posting your feedback online.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and glad that you enjoyed our hotels location in the Castle district. I am happy to hear that my colleagues provided good service to you. I will share your words with them.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future. In the meantime, all the best.

With kind regards,

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in September. The hotel is nice & the room was comfortable & clean.
The guy who welcomed us was helpful & friendly.
I was ill while we were there, unfortunately, so was confined to the hotel most of the time.
The food was fine. Breakfasts were buffet style with a reasonable selection. Dinner was mainly bar meals, but they were tasty & had good portion sizes.
All was fine until we checked out.
We were told we owed money for over 30 phone calls & some chocolate from the minibar.
I said we hadn't used the phone at all or eaten anything from the minibar. I asked him to check the room & he confirmed that everything was there, so he removed the chocolate from our bill. (!)
I then pressed him on the phone bills. They were to two local numbers. When he called to see who they were it turned out they were caterers who supply the hotel!
They were trying to pass management calls off as guest calls! He reluctantly apologised then 'allowed' us to go.
A month later I got an email asking for my credit card details to pay for minibar items!
I declined & complained, but have heard nothing since.
We had really enjoyed our stay up until we left & had planned to go back.
We definitely won't now.
I'd advise against staying here because it felt dishonest rather than a genuine mistake.
But if you do decide to go then please check your bill carefully.

• Stayed September 2013
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear 374claires374,

I would like to thank you for your review and specially for staying with us at the Questenberk hotel during your Prague trip.

As you have mentioned our hotel strives to provide very high level of customer service. We appreciate that you have enjoyed the welcome check-in over a glass of wine, whilst overlooking the beauty of Prague and the friendliness of the staff member. Apart of the staff our hotel really stands out for our unique rooms in the historical palace from the 16th Century and the cleanliness thorough the hotel and in the rooms in particular. I agree the breakfast in the former chapel with splendid view of not only the city, but also the historical Strahov Monastery and copy of the Eiffel Tower from a top of the hill is a real treat.

It is great that you have enjoyed your stay with us until the end of your stay and initially planed to stay with us again, should it have not come to a misunderstanding during the check-out procedure. I believe my colleague Jacob apologized directly to you for the mistakenly posted phone calls charges when he removed them from your bill upon your departure. This was caused by the failure of the property phone system and I hope it did not cause any other troubles otherwise.

One last but very important thing that I would like to mention is related to security of payments. We take all credit cards charges very seriously and therefore we always contact our guests regarding minibar items that are supposed to be charged to their account to re-confirm. This is simply a question of approval to additional charges. I understand this may have upset you but I am glad to know that thanks to this procedure we never charged anything from the minibar to you.

I regret very much you'd not stay at the Questenberk hotel again in the future. Therefore I would like to take at least this opportunity to thank you once again for being our valued guests and I wish you on behalf of the entire team, all the best!

Kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Been to Questenberk? Share your experiences!