“An unforgettable hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Questenberk

You added Questenberk to your Saves list
Questenberk
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Uvoz 155/15 | Prague Castle Area, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Hradcany & Letna)   |
Special Offer
Book directly and get!
Ranked #18 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“An unforgettable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We planned to stay in Prague for 1 night, travel to Berlin for 2 nights and then back to Prague for 2 nights. We initially thought of booking 1 night here, then another 2 nights somewhere else, but fortunately we booked them all here. We had a beautiful walk to the hotel from where our airport bus left us, through some beautiful streets and then up through the castle to the top of the hill. We were a little warm and tired when we arrived. We were asked to take a seat on lovely comfortable chairs at the check in desk, given some lemon towels to freshen up and checked in by a lovely young man Jacob, who gave us information and a chilled glass of sparkling wine. Our luggage was taken to our room and Jacob showed us the outside terrace with a view to die for and then our room which was lovely. My husband and I were overjoyed we found such a lovely place and delighted we were coming back again for 2 more nights. We had a meal and drinks on the terrace that evening, which was very good, well priced and relaxing.

The room and beds were very comfortable. I filled out a guest questionnaire after our first night and said it would be helpful if there were 2 chairs in the room. When we returned 2 days later, our room had 2 chairs, and also we only used 1 pillow each the first time and put the others on the floor, and on our return visit there was 1 pillow in the bed and the others on the wardrobe. That attention to detail makes all the difference, and shows the hotel really cares. Breakfast was lovely too in a gorgeous room with fantastic views again. All the staff were very friendly and efficient.

The location is in a lovely area away from the noise of the main area and near the castle with fantastic views and a very cheap tram ride takes you into the main squares. I would return in a flash to this hotel and Prague is a beautiful and friendly place. I see it is No. 18 out of all the Prague hotels, but I will keep my eye on this and totally expect it to go higher in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear bluehills68,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Questenberk Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you chose to return to The Questenberk and it gives me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful, memorable experience and that we welcomed you back into our Questenberk family.

We pride ourselves on our attention to detail here and I am thrilled to know that we were able to prepare your room as you wished. My Executive Housekeeper, Mrs. Zora Vorechovska, will be delighted to hear that you found the room to be comfortable and immaculate. Thank you for your kind words regarding the remarkable service you experienced throughout your stay. I will be sure to personally thank Jacob and to the entire team on your behalf.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to The Questenberk Hotel in the future. Please, let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The reviews don't do it justice. This lovely hotel met our expectations plus more. The views were amazing, the service was outstanding and the rooms were very comfortable. They were very accommodating to our every need. They really want their guests to not only enjoy their stay in the hotel but in the city of Prague as well. For my birthday they left a lovely bottle of sparkling wine and a fruit platter with a nice greeting from the management. Breakfast was always great with wonderful homemade yogurt and breads. The room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The location was perfect because it was away from the noisy city and still in a very safe area. Depending on where I am, sometimes I prefer to be in the hustle and bustle of the city (ie. Chicago) but Prague is definitely one city where the night life is alive and for someone like me who enjoys a good night's sleep, it was nice to be in a quiet area. I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to my friends. Thank you for making my experience of Prague very memorable!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear dleecalifornia,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had a truly nice experience at the Questenberk hotel. Our team pride themselves on ensuring that all of our guests are cared for and that their time with us is memorable. I am thrilled that we were able to play a small part in your birthday celebrations and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday.

From all of us at The Questenberk hotel we hope that we will be able to welcome you back before too long and thank you so much for your recommendation.

With warmest wishes,

Linthicum, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

From beginning to the end of our stay, everyone was wonderful. This was truly one of the best
places we have stayed in awhile. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is young and knowledgeable.
They are so much fun. We and our children would come back in a heartbeat. Thank you all
for the good time. The Zellers and McCall families

Room Tip: South side has a better view than the north. Did not notice noise on our north side third floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Zellers and McCall families,

Thank you for posting your fantastic feedback of your experience at The Questenberk Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your entire stay with us and that you found the staff to be friendly, helpful and fun. We really appreciate when guest notice our dedication. The Questenberk is indeed in an ideal location as many of the delights Prague has to offer are within walking distance from the hotel and it is ub quiet area on the top of the Petrin Park. Rooms facing south offering breathtaking city views are Grand Deluxe category, specifically room 307 and 406.

We hope to welcome you back to The Questenberk Hotel again. Please, let me know if there is anything I can assist you with.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The staff is attentive and helpful, the room huge by European standards,and very nicely decorated, and the location wonderful. We used the car service they arrange for airport pickup and train station drop off, which worked out very well.

We walked up and down the hill every day (sometimes twice)--would recommend the stairs after you've wondered up the streets. I personally find it less tiring to go up a lot of stairs than a long slog up a relatively steep street. It was lovely to return in the evenings to the quiet of the hill--also, don't miss walking through the castle area at night, when the church is lit up and there are few people. It's magical.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear VtTravelerUsa,

It gives me great pleasure to know that you chose The Questenberk Hotel during your recent visit to Prague based on our reputation. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write your great feedback of your stay with us.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our location. There is no better way to wind down from the hotel than by enjoying the Nerudova street with all the cute shops around. Frankly speaking, I found it a bit challenging on the way back. But you right, Prague Castle is a majestic sight and no more so then when lit up at night. We love to hear when guests have had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us and I am glad that The Questenberk Hotel was a fun experience for you.

I look forward to welcoming you again to The Questenberk Hotel.

Highland Park, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel, a converted monastery, is perched at the top of a hill, five minutes from the castle. It's about a fifteen minute walk down (more going up) through small winding streets with cute shops and restaurants, through the Lesser Quarter to the Charles Bridge. Upon arrival, we sat at the reception desk, had our complimentary glass of wine while the front desk manager gave us an orientation of the hotel and the city. Our room was beautiful and in the evening we sat in the guest lounge, had coffee and tea, and a piece of cake. Breakfast had all the items we could wish for along with spectacular views of the city.

Room Tip: Take the hotel transfer from/to the train station. We took a taxi, which charged CZK 600 (no meter...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen S,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at The Questenberk Hotel in Prague.

It gives me great pleasure to know that your recent stay with us has left a lasting impression with you and that you enjoyed our Prague Castle location which is great for people who wish to relax on their holiday .

Thank you for highlighting the excellent service you experienced throughout the hotel, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication to providing the best experience for all our guests.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to The Questenberk Hotel in the future.

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Questenberk Hotel and would highly recommend it. We arrived late at night (using the hotel's airport pickup - again recommended) and received a very warm welcome - plus a glass of champagne! Nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spacious and comfortable, and was cleaned daily. Bottled water was provided each day. The buffet breakfast covered most tastes - fruit, eggs, meats, yoghurts, cereals, fruit drinks, breads, pastries, etc. The homemade yoghurt and fruits was always a good start! There is a sitting room for guests, where afternoon tea and cake is complimentary. Although it is out of the city, the position is beautiful - up on a hill, with views over the city, and nearby parks. There are buses and trams close by, but we preferred to walk and explore. Would definitely stay again, and the service of all the staff was very good. We did not have tea or coffee making facilities in our room, but these can be provided on request. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert_Safarik, Manager at Questenberk, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear AustraliaRuby,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent stay with us at Questenberk hotell in Prague.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your 5 nights stay with us, I am glad you enjoyed our services including the guests' lounge with all day complimentary tea and coffee and afternoon refreshment. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

Please do come back and stay soon.

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Best Hotel my girlfriend and I stayed at during our September European holiday 2013.
We stayed in 10 cities throughout our 4 week holiday and Hotel Questenberk was brilliant!
The staff were great and the service amazing. Location beautiful.
When in Prague, stay at the Questernberk.

Would definitely book here again without another thought.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Michael L,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at Questenberk hotel Prague.

We are thrilled that you and your girlfriend enjoyed the hotel and its location. I am glad you were happy with the service provided by my colleagues. I shared your words with the entire team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Been to Questenberk? Share your experiences!