“Three day visit to Prague staying at the Boscolo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
15% off
Ranked #70 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Three day visit to Prague staying at the Boscolo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We loved staying at the Boscolo and will certainly be staying in one of their Hotels again for city breaks. It was regal, spacious and spotless. The staff can either make or break ones stay in a Hotel. I have to tell you the staff were efficient , friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble even to the extent of mending my friends sandal. Each time we went in or out we had smiles from everyone. If all Boscolo Hotels are like this one, I will go out of my way to choose it. I still cannot get over having champagne for breakfast. I felt totally spoiled and indulged. Loved it.

Room Tip: We had a room NOT with a view as it was towards the back of the Hotel. We were out all the time any...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tereza P, Guest Relation at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I am thrilled that you had such a good time at Boscolo Prague! I agree that champagne for breakfast is highly luxurious but I am sure you very much deserved it. Thank you so much for your kind review of our property, we all appreciate it deeply. Have a great day.

Guest Relations Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Woodbridge, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Boscolo Prague is an excellent hotel, with some minor quibbles. It is a beautifully renovated historic building, and the rooms in the front portion of the hotel (the historic part) are particularly stunning. The basement pool facility is also impressive. Location is great, with no more than a 10-15 minute walk to Old Town, and streetcar stops just outside the hotel.

The service for the most part is solid, with particular compliments to David at the reception. When we had an issue with our room, he went above and beyond to make sure it was resolved, and obtained us a room upgrade in the process. And whenever we passed him in the lobby, we always had a pleasant chat and he never failed to ask how we were enjoying the city. The breakfast service was also excellent, and the bellmen were top notch and efficient, and really have to be commended as they have to constantly haul luggage up and down those entryway stairs. The concierge also arranged to have a special cake in our room for our arrival as we were celebrating our 10th Anniversary, which was greatly appreciated.

That is not to say there were not issues. During our stay, the Prague water system was having problems, which resulted in dark brown water pouring from all our room faucets one night. Fully understand that this is beyond the hotel’s control, but it was their response that I was concerned with. When we first discovered the brown water in our room, (after a message on the TV that said water service was back to normal which obviously was not the case) we called guest services to understand what was going on. They said the water was not safe to drink, and could not say for how long. When my wife inquired then as to whether the minibar water would then be complementary for drinking water, the response was that this was a city problem, not a hotel problem, therefore no water would be offered. When I went to the front desk to discuss, at least to find out how long this will last, they then provided a complimentary bottle for the night, with the hope that things would be back to normal in the morning. Still, my expectation would be when water is tainted in a hotel, they would make every effort to get out accurate and timely information without even having to ask for it and guests should never have to ask for drinking water. Thus my recommendation is that the hotel be more aggressive and consistent in its reaction and messages to guests when the unexpected happens, particularly with such a fundamental service as water supply.

Other than this incident, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and still strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relation at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your perfectly detailed review. David is very pleased that you had mentioned him on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear all the nice things about our hotel. I am glad you had found the rooms stunning and the SPA nice. I am particularely glad to hear you found the staff attentive and friendly. Our number one priority here at Boscolo is costumer service.

That is why I would like to honestly apologize for the misunderstanding with guest services you had. When there is a water problem of any kind, we automatically give every room a complimentary bottle of water that is delivered to the room. It is a different and larger bottle of water than in the minibar. We do label situations like these as very serious and compensate all issues.

I hope that you come to visit us soon again and that we will be able to make it up to you.

Fremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My daughter and I just spent 3 nights at this hotel. It's a good hotel, but I have to say that it's not quite up to what I have experienced at other 5 star hotels (for example, it's easily outshone by the Boscolo Budapest). Our room was small and our bathroom was very small. Bathroom towels were your basic smaller size thin ones - nothing luxurious like I'm used to at 5 star hotels. The room was clean and comfortable enough but there was nothing special about it. It's the type of room I would have gotten at any Marriott in the U.S. Nice, but nothing to write home about. The service at the hotel was good and friendly. They had an excellent buffet breakfast which included made to order eggs, a rarity at such buffets in Europe. The hotel is well located within easy walking distance of the Old Town Square and other sights. On one evening we asked the concierge for a restaurant recommendation and she sent us only a block away, which made me nervous at first since it seemed too easy, but it turned out to be an awesome recommendation and exactly what we wanted (see my review on the Potrefina Husa restaurant), so kudos to her for understanding her customers.

Room Tip: I would caution anyone who has difficulty with stairs about staying here. The only way into the hot...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and that you found our staff helpful.

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your standards as for the rooms. I understand they are not the size you had antisipated but the Boscolo Prague package is not only about luxurious rooms and amenities.

Boscolo Prague is situated in the historical city center and our building is over a century old. We still have all the original architectural sculputres that are throughout the lobby. This is a one of a kind phenomenon and that is why we are a 5 star hotel. Our service of excellence, cleanliness and luxury SPA are just standards.

Thank you again for your review and all of us here in Boscolo Prague hope to see you soon again.

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have just returned from Prague and stayed in the Boscolo, one cannot find fault with this hotel, the room I stayed in was large, clean and really lovely. The breakfast was more than you could wish for with everything you would ever think of for breakfast. The staff were extremely polite and helpful and made my stay a wonderful experience. I will definitely stay here again if I get the chance to revisit this amazing city and recommend the Boscol to any one visiting Prague.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so very much for your lovely review of Boscolo Prague. It is very nice of you to take the time and help us and all of our costumers to see the level of our service. It has been an honer to have you and if you ever decide to come back to Prague please let me know and I will gladly help you out with hospitality. Have a wonderful day.

Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We visited Prague and stayed at the Boscolo Prague hotel. We want to commend the Concierge Michaela Kroulova who helped us during our stay. She was so helpful and nice to deal with. It was a pleasure. Also helpful was the hotel manager Lucas and the desk managers in training named Sarah. We could not print our airline boarding passes and Sarah helped us do this with patience and skill. The hotel is beautiful and the staff at the hotel do their best to make your vacation a pleasant and memorable one. The indoor pool was terrific as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relation at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear valued guest,

It is our absolute pleasure and honer to give our guests the best service possible. We are thrilled to hear that we have done a good job with that and it is great that you have enjoyed our SPA. Thank you very much for being so kind and giving us feedback on our property. It means a lot to us. Please do come back soon for another adventure at Boscolo Prague, we will be more than happy to offer you the best service in Prague.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Having just had my birthday in Prague already thinking of re-booking, The Boscolo is a truly amazing hotel , everything was perfect the food was outstanding , the service unbelievable, the staff you will not get better anywhere, definitely going back soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are fantastic if you want real luxury ask for a room in the old part of the hotel but...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

First of all, I would like to wish you all the best and happy birthday. It is very nice of you to take the time to write such a nice review of Boscolo Prague. We were delighted to have you and your feedback means alot to us.

All of us are looking forward to seeing you again and we hope that next time we will be even better than before. Have a wonderful day and we hope you come back soon.

Antony Svoboda¨
Zebulon, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights on our visit to Prague. It was our first trip to Europe and when making reservations I saw this hotel and immediately wanted to book. The property being in the Marriott family was a plus. Hotel is gorgeous. We found a special on Marriott website and wifi and breakfast buffet was included at great rate. The room was small but cosy. A standard European room. The ac worked great which was a huge plus considering the heat wave we encountered on our trip. The bathroom was small but very updated and nice large shower. The breakfast was very good and great way to start the day. The pool area was very nice, however we were too busy to use it. There was some confusion with the bags being brought to the room, but that was quickly resolved. The hotel is about a block from the train station. The staff was always courteous upon entering and exiting the building. The cons...we had booked a king size bed but upon checking in we were told we had not specified when we booked online...but that was not the case. It was not worth a fuss and we were content with the queen. Our only other complaint would be the carpet in the room....although minor... was obviously worn and had seen better days. The beds were comfy and we slept well. Would stay here again and recommend to anyone wanting a nice hotel in a busy city! The city would have to be one of the best out of our journey across Europe!

Room Tip: Stay in the newer side and maybe request a room with a view. The windows along the side coridor whe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tereza P, Guest Relation at Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review on our property. We feel blessed to have guests like you that really appreciate our hotel to the fullest and give us honest feedback.

It is great to hear that you had such a great time and that we have met your standards. As for the carpets, we have replaced most of the carpets due to the color being misplaced as dirt. I apologize if you had a feeling that the carpet was dirty but we do steam clean every room after check out.

We were thrilled to have had you and we hope to see you soon!! Have a wonderful day.

Guest Relations Executive

Been to Boscolo Prague, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!