“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Astoria

You added Astoria to your Saves list
Astoria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rybna 680/10, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Offers & Announcements
Special deal 5-20% OFF
Ranked #155 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was expecting a hotel that was not the best but I was so amazed by the room size and service. The room was located on the 7th floor and was huge. It also had a balcony with views to the castle. The room was sound proof and very comfortable. The hotel staff were excellent as was the breakfast. The hotel is about 2 minute walk to the Old Town Square and many places to see and places to eat.

The only downside was the air con not working properly which meant leaving the balcony doors open to cool the room down.

I fully recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague.

Room Tip: If you have been promised free wifi get it in writing before you go as some hotels change their serv...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Astoriahotelprague, General Manager at Astoria, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed evaluation regarding your visit at the Astoria Hotel.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your impression of our staff and service was good and that you felt well taken care of during your stay.

I am really happy to hear that all of your group will recommend Astoria hotel to your friends.

Martina Simunkova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at the Astoria Hotel during our 3 night visit to Prague and was very pleased with our selection. Booked ahead on their website and got a very reasonable rate. Upgraded to a superior room upon check in for a reasonable upcharge and was very pleased with the room (larger, higher floor, wifi rather than plug in internet). Rate also included a decent buffet breakfast.

The hotel location is ideal for sightseeing in Prague - near major old town sights but on a quieter side street. Hotel was clean - staff were helpful - arranged for a tour & a taxi to the airport efficiently.

Only issues is their is construction going on across the street but being on a higher floor, the noise was at a minimum and it only seemed to take place during daytime hours.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a visit to Prague.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a superior room - worth the upcharge.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

A warm welcome, professional service and rooms with a view of Prague unforgettable. We stayed in this hotel one night only but I really hope to return soon. Prague is a really nice town and from this hotel you can move quickly in the city center.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Astoriahotelprague, General Manager at Astoria, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. It is with great pleasure I read your review knowing that we have lived up to your expectations. I definitely believe that the view from our 8th floor was unforgettable for you. I have been living in Prague since I was born however I am dazzled by the view each time when I come up to here.

We really look welcoming you back to our hotel.

North Yorks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel & relatively cheap for what you get. Good sized rooms, all immaculate, very helpful staff & super buffet breakfast with something for everyone.
I'll happily return the next time I visit Prague.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response after your visit at the Astoria Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you have had a positive visit to our property and that our services met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I decided to stay here based on tripadvisor ratings instead of sticking to US Hotel chains as I can normally expect certain level of service and quality of the facility. Overall it's a fairly decent hotel with reasonable price but my room was broken into and various items were stolen.

Folks, be careful when you get a room on the 1st floor / 100 level. Do not ever leave the windows open even though they are open when you initially check in the room. If they are open, make sure nobody is in the room. This hotel lacks adequate security measures. Big hotel chains ensure that no one can get in the room from outside and post clear warnings around the window.

Yes, perhaps, I should've trusted my instincts and made sure the windows were closed before we went out, but I thought it may be ok as it was open when we got in the room.

Good
-I heard Hotel staff did chase the thieves (someone saw the thieves breaking into the room and called the hotel) and recovered my suitcase minus all medications.
-They changed our room immediately.

Bad
-My backpack and its contents were gone forever, including my Kindle fire. Total damage around 400USD.
-They said initially their insurance can cover the cost of the loss but no communication took place whatsoever afterwards.
-At the time of check out, the front desk insisted I need to pay for the Pepsi that the thief stole from the frig. I was upset and said no. She backed off.

Good deal, but after this experience I'll stick to my US hotel chains when I'm in overseas.

Room Tip: Higher floors where no thieves can break in
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused by robbing your room. There is a room safe in each room where you can leave your valuables during your stay without no worries. Prague is a quite safe city but as in any big city of the world it is necessary to be careful of thieves. Our rooms on the 1st floor are high enough except of 2 rooms begining with 100 that are located on mezzanine where you were accommodated.
I am really very sorry for the bad experience.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Rarely do I make the time to write reviews, but as I sit here in the lobby with my free wireless access, I felt I had to make the effort for the Astoria. The staff here are amazingly friendly, helpful even! Great location and not far to walk in to all the Old Town sights. Great food and hospitality at the Bellberry Music Bar just across the road too. The rooms are pretty basic but certainly comfortable enough, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012
Dear guest,

thank you so very much for your positive feedback on our hotel. I have especially enjoyed reading that you have appreciated the friendliness of our staff. That is one of our main priorities at Astoria Hotel Prague. I will share these comments with my team and hope to be able to welcome you again.

Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We loved this very inexpensive hotel where we feel we got a three and a half star experience at two star prices. It is located just two blocks from the metro so it was easy to get to, and only three blocks from the central square.

Our room was not overly large, but certainly comfortable. it was warm in august and we were glad to have an air conditioner, though turned on full blast it just barely made the temperature comfortable.

They had a very complete and well prepared breakfast buffet each morning.

For less than 90 euro per night near the center of prague, we feel we really found a gem here. They advertise themselves as a four star hotel, no way! But they are three and a half. You can't go wrong staying here

Room Tip: All good. Our fourth floor room was great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Astoriahotelprague, Manager at Astoria, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation and review. We are delighted that your experience with us was fulfilling and you enjoyed your stay in Prague.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel at your next visit in Prague.