“Great Staff at front desk (Martina-David),great location,best value for your money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of President Hotel Prague

You added President Hotel Prague to your Saves list
President Hotel Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Namesti Curieovych 100/1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Formerly President Hotel Casino) (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Ranked #384 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The service was great i had two problems thatb where taken care of right away.The location was superb walking distance from all sites. breakfast was great fruits eggs of all types. The front desk helped me with tickets to concerts black theater and taxis etc. In all i was very satisfied and will return to this hotel as they made me feel at home Again Thank you Martina and David for a great vacation.

Room Tip: Be nice. as i was once told by a person at the front desk. ITS VERY EASY TO BE NICE TO NICE PEOPLE...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

along with my mother i was a guest at the prague president hotel from april 7th thru april 9th.

in the evening of the 7th, when we arrived at the president hotel, i informed the receptionist that i would leave on the 9th at 4 am for an early flight but my mother needed to stay at the hotel until 6 pm of the same day because her flight was in the evening. the same receptionist informed us that there would be an extra charge of 50 euros for that and we agreed to pay for it.

but it was not the way things were handled by the hotel.

on the 9th ( last thursday) my mother - who is a woman of 72 years old was FORCED TO LEAVE the room we stayed at by an INCREDIBLY RUDE receptionist in charge who said there were new guests arriving and that mother needed to leave the room at once.
my mother tried to explain that he had advised the hotel about the late check out and that she was still packing- the receptionist forced her to leave not only canceling the hotel card but also
sending a security employee to force her out of the room. she had to rush out of the room, which also included packing her items in a dark bathroom and waiting for 3hours sitting at the hotel lobby.

who do they think they are to treat guests like that??? is that the way a hotel deals with people???

they are not even close to a 5-star .

Stayed April 2015
Stroud, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had high hopes for this hotel. I had arranged for the hotel to shuttle me from the airport to the hotel. Upon arrival at the airport, the driver was not there. I searched around and finally saw her come in late holding my name (which was printed completely wrong). Her car smelled like cigarette smoke.
I had also arranged for the driver to pick up my boyfriend the following day from the airport. He called me as he arrived saying he did not see the driver and was going to get a taxi instead. After I talked with reception, it turned out they never arranged the pickup and were not going to let me know.

In the room- The bathroom sink was plugged and didn't drain (very disgusting), the walls were thin enough to hear neighbors and people in the hallway, and a BIG thing to us was the safe NOT working. We had a laptop and passports that we wanted to keep in a safe place and could not. Also, there was ZERO wifi or phone signal in the room, contradictory to the 'free wifi in room' that was told to us.

We came back one night around 12 or 1am and looked to see if room service was available. On the in-room information it clearly states "Extensive menu 24 hours a day" (which I photographed), so we called the extension. The lady answered and said that room service ended at 11 and was not available, but we could call someone outside the hotel to deliver.

We were so disappointed with our stay here, neither of us would recommend anyone staying here in the future unfortunately.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hard to put a finger on anything on this 3-night stay. Location is near perfect for touring the city center, room was as it should be, nothing special. Maybe slighly outdated and a bit worn. 5 star hotel is stretching it a bit, but still a nice place to stay for a low price (April 2015)

Room Tip: Near by "Crystal Bar" and "James Dean restaurant" was very nice.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2015

Hotel is located by the town river on the edge of the high-end shopping district . My room had a view of the famed Castle perched on a hill with a view of the Art Deco bridge and river below it. The scene is easily picturesque.
Hotel location makes it easy to walk to the popular places of interest such as the Charles Bridge and the Astronomic Clock.Room by European standards is pleasantly large and not cramped as you would find in central Paris or Rome. Room amenities include hot shower with tub and free Wifi. Cable TV choices are limited mostly to local or German programs. Breakfast service is hearty and restaurant overlooks the river.
Staff service is erratic - mindful and attentive on some days, curt and officious on other days depending on who is at the front desk. Wait staff are perfunctory.
There is a Thai massage service center on a minus 1 level and this also houses the hotel sauna. When I first visited the small place, the lady manager said that there was no need to make an appointment to use the sauna. When I returned the next evening, she said that the place was already fully booked since others had reserved. I reminded her about the information she gave me the night before and she said that she changed the procedure due to the number of guests visiting the sauna. I tried to book another night and was again told that the place was already full. I got annoyed and told the reception about the flippant change in procedure and that there was no sign saying that hotel guests had to sign up in advance. I would not have minded this change if this was the policy but no such policy was evident and even the front desk said they had no control over the operations of the massage center since it was not owned by the hotel. What could have been a pleasant little discovery of a hotel for me turned out after one night to be an ugly spot and instead of having myself wind down at the end of a day, I ended up sore and irked. A monkey wrench to an otherwise memorable time. Beware of the whims of the lady manager at the massage center and the lack of authority of the front desk.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

The hotel room was very spacious (more like American than European!) and clean. The hotel staff were very solicitous in terms of arranging things like a car service. However, once I got to my destination, their driver demanded 100 CZK more than the hotel had set for the service. Service from the bar seems hit-and-miss (about half the time remembering things you might need or requested).

Finally, the bar/restaurant is open to the lobby and permits smoking. So both the lobby and the bar area were consistently filled with smoke. Unfortunately, this seems rather normal for Prague, so I am not deducting stars for this (although I hate it). My greater concerns were with service.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to President Hotel Prague? Share your experiences!