“Lovely room, great breakfast, helpful service, wonderful location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape)

You added Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape) to your Saves list
Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape)
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jansky Vrsek 11, Prague 118 00, Czech Republic   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 662 Hotels in Prague
new york city
“Lovely room, great breakfast, helpful service, wonderful location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at At the Green Grape immensely. We divided our week-long visit between Mala Strana and the old town deliberately -- four days at At the Green Grape, and three days in an apartment-like setting close to Old Town Square -- and we were delighted with our choices. Karin and Michaela and the other ladies at reception at At the Green Grape were sweet and helpful (and encouraged our efforts to speak Czech, which we had studied before our trip with the benefit of Pimsleur's Basic Czech). The location was perfect for reasonably priced and delicious restaurants -- including Tri Stoleti and The Little Whale, each of which we visited twice. We walked everywhere and enjoyed strolling back across the Charles Bridge at night after a jazz concert to our peaceful, safe, and quiet abode. We also enjoyed the Green Teahouse nearby for afternoon treats. As for the breakfasts at the Green Grape -- they were scrumptious, with fresh fruit, eggs, pancakes on request, and a sheet left on each table with a "saying" for the day and bit of information about Prague. At the Green Grape is a wonderful find -- great value -- and we also very much appreciated the website, with its "history of Prague" in English and Hebrew. . . very lovely.

Room Tip: The Mucha room is perfect for a couple, with lovely views and a comfortable big bed -- terrific valu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
nuzky, Manager at Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape), responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am truly glad to read it, as it always brings me joy to know that our guests have enjoyed their vacation to the fullest.

I hope we will get to welcome you at our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards to New York

Karin and colleagues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
keswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Could not fault this Hotel ,Fantastic room just like a suite ,very friendly staff and a very good location.The Hotel is very well designed and breakfast is lovely with home made pancakes
would definitely return .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
nuzky, Manager at Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape), responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
thank you for posting such a glowing review of your stay! It brought a broad smile to everyone's faces here and we are really glad that you found everything so perfect about your stay At the Green grape.
We look forward to welcoming you back in future!

Kind regards
Karin and hotel team
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here for 7 nights in late September early October and cannot speak highly enough of this establishment. We had the Alphonse Mucha room which enjoyed a lovely rooftop garden view and looked toward the castle. The room was most comfortable and well furnished with a good sized bathroom. Very quiet - the only noise was the pealing of Church Bells. The staff here are super friendly and efficient and went out of their way to help. We had a very early start on our last day so they pre prepared a breakfast for us. The regular breakfasts were excellent with fresh cooked pancakes if you wanted them. Free Wi Fi with no questions asked. Location is great - less than 10 minutes to Charles Bridge, even less to the #22 Tram and about half an hour to Old Town Square. A short but steep climb to the Castle. Lots of restaurants close by. The building is very old (several hundred years) so there is no lift but do not let this deter you. This is a great place to stay

Dear Guest,

thank you for such a great review and high rating here on Trip Advisor!. I am delighted to read that you liked staying At the Green grape so much (for whole 7 days :)). We are glad that we were able to make your stay as comfortable and unforgettable as it is possible and hope that on your next trip to Prague you won't forget to visit us again.

Warm regards to Melbourne

Karin, Ivana and Michaela
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

There's nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said...we also were in the Dvorak Suite for 5 nights. After 3 weeks in other cities and typical hotel rooms, it was great to have some room to spread out. The rooms were spotless and although the bathroom was small, it was very clean. The size of the bathroom was not an issue for us...we spent a whole month in Europe in 6 different countries...this bathroom was neither the largest nor the smallest but definitely gets high marks for cleanliness!!!

The breakfast was exceptional and was one of the highlights of our trip...we were still talking about them a week later in Paris. The selection was amazing...I loved the crepe pancakes...and it's one of the only places I could actually get eggs and it was wonderful to have a place to gather with our travel companions in the mornings.

As also mentioned, there is no wifi in the Dvorak suite (I can only assume because of the thick, ancient walls) but it was easy to hang out in reception or take care of internet stuff at breakfast. We were on holiday, this was not work related so it was not an issue.

The young women working the front reception and breakfast area were amazingly friendly and we had a great time getting to know them over the course of 5 days. The location was perfect. The city was so crowded when we were there, it was really nice to come home to a quiet neighborhood in the evenings.

It was a real oasis for us!

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for you stay and for taking the time to write such a nice and positive feedback. We were pleased to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel and all staff- it is pleasure for me to share your compliments with my colleagues from reception because is always nice to know that we are doing a good job!
We are looking forward to take care for you on your next visit to Prague.

Warm regards to Erie

Karin and staff
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Our experience can only mirror the other reviews here.
We arrived and were allowed to park directly outside the hotel while we unloaded the car and were shown to our room. We then moved the car around the corner to their secure parking area which was great.
Our room was the K.I. Dienzenhofer and wow, space is certainly a luxury when you've been traveling and there was plenty here. This room also features a double headed rain shower which was lovely (it was leaking from the shower screens though so hopefully this will get fixed ASAP). There is no view from this room. The bed was fantastic featuring a memory foam mattress.
Breakfast was great featuring all the usuals but also fresh homemade pancakes, yum!
We enjoyed Prauge and the hotel we actually extended for 1 night. This caused some confusion on checkout and billing and my prepayment deposit wasnt removed from the bill, after reminding them though it was quickly rectified and we checked out.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam/Sir,

I would like to Thank you so much that you choose our hotel for your recent stay in Prague and for your kind review you posted here....I am happy that you enjoyed your holiday and that you were satisfied with our location and room (Diezenhofer’s room is my favourite with the angels on the ceiling).
I am looking forward to welcoming you in the near future

Kind regards to Sydney

Karin and staff
Mukilteo, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'm just back from a 3 night/4 day stay at the Green Grape, and I'm yet another 'instant fan' of this hotel!
I can't say it any better than did Nikolaus A's review - my experience and impression is essentially identical. Like many reviewing here, I was put in the Dvorak Suite, which is the only room of the 8 in the hotel that is located on the ground floor. (Note that there is no elevator/lift if you have a heavy suitcase or mobility issues. Fortunately I had everything I needed in a small backpack.)

The hotel is at the start of the hill that becomes Prague Castle - at the end of a narrow cobblestone street (well, the whole area is cobblestone), just up from the American Embassy, and a little over 1 block up the stairway to Nerudova Street. It's really a decent location, with good access to everything.

Penny150 also perfectly describes it all as well, so I'm trying to think what else I can add that would be helpful for those of you looking to book a place to stay. Here's some personal notes:

1) I had to arrive early for the normal check-in (around 9:00am) as a result of my flight, and I really didn't have a plan for the early hours (I had set up a Segway tour at 2:00pm to get familiar with the city). As I sat in the front, going through my papers, the front desk person came over and offered that I could go have a bit of breakfast. This was the first moment that I felt I had made a good choice. This person (Ivana) was extremely helpful throughout, as I was to discover. Before I had finished breakfast, Ivana came in and announced that my room was ready! She and the other person helping had gone in and quickly cleaned up the room so that I could check in early, which was why she offered me to take breakfast, I expect. Talk about concern for your guest....this was greatly appreciated!!

2) As I was on a weekend break from work in Cologne, I still needed Internet access to handle communications with the U.S. Although free WiFi is advertised, you should know that the Dvorak Suite does not get a good WiFi signal, so I just went into the front reception area to do my wireless communication. What I didn't realize until the 3rd day was that the phone in the room also has an Ethernet connection, and I was able to connect my laptop successfully with a cable provided by the hotel (Ivana apologized for all the problems, but it wasn't her fault for not reminding me about the Ethernet connection in the room....I should have asked. Also, if I hadn't had my laptop, it would not have mattered).

3) On my last day when checking out - again, I had an extended time before I left, and I was sure I was going to need to pack out and store things at the front desk. (The hotel does state that they will try to be flexible for early arrivals and late departures.) However, I was lucky enough to not have anyone checking in that day who needed the room, so Ivana arranged that I could leave my things in the room, as well as have access to it quite late into the day. This allowed me to really enjoy a full 4th day in Prague, which was definitely useful.

The only other small negative point was that the removable shower spray head was broken - some strong glue would have quickly resolved this, or better, a replacement shower head. (Note that there is also a fixed shower head in the shower, so this is a satisfactory solution if you don't need the removable one.) Apparently this was a known problem, but I think it's important to quickly address small details like this in such a quality boutique hotel.

I would expect that they can't always offer accommodations to schedules such as what I had, but it's obvious that the idea to take care of their guests as best they can is ingrained in the hotel employees. Though I had very limited time with the other 2 front desk personnel (Karin and Michaela), everyone was quite pleasant to interact with. Ivana was certainly extremely helpful and made for a pleasant stay.

To sum up - I would say you will certainly not regret selecting this hotel for your stay in Prague (I will definitely return to stay here!). A great value for what you get!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Sir / Madam,

I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the welcome, facilities and most importantly the service to your liking. Our goal is to always provide a "home from home" experience.
I have passed on your kind words to Ivana. We are really sorry for the shower and internet connection. We did as you’ve suggested – have used a special glue to fix it  and also the Wifi in Dvorak’s suite is doing well now.

I really do hope that you come to stay with us again in the near future.

Karin, Ivana and Michaela
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed 5 nights at "The Green Grape" in Prague. Located in the "little quarter" of Prague, at the foot of the castle hill, it is a 15-20 minute walk to the center of Prague.
I usually book small hotels a small walking distance from the bustle of main tourist areas, and we were overjoyed at this little place. The staff was very friendly, and provided a nice breakfast every morning. The room was actually a suite of living room and bedroom appointed with antiques and comfy mattress, the bath very modern. Since it is in an ancient renovated building, many of the ceilings and walls have the original cozy wood exposed. All was super clean and more space than I have ever had in Europe. No restaurant or bar in the hotel, though they did have liquor available. However, plenty of eating and drinking options available in the nice neighborhood as it is near the Charles Bridge and the castle.
I would highly recommend this great little place for anyone wishing comfort and wanting to be near the incredible activity and tourist areas of Prague, but not directly in it.

Room Tip: No elevator, and all rooms are up a flight or 2, so this may be a concern for some. I don't kno...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
nuzky, Manager at Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape), responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the hotel At the Green grape team I would like to thank you for your stay at our hotel and for sharing your experience with the others.We were glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and will be more than glad to welcome you again on your next trip to Prague.

Kind regards to Delafield
Karin and colleagues
P.S. : I am affraid that we will keep the stairs – belongs to the old time spirit 

Been to Hotel U Zeleneho hroznu (Hotel At the Green Grape)? Share your experiences!