“It's all you will ever need in Prague for a hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Liberty

You added Hotel Liberty to your Saves list
Hotel Liberty
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   ul 28 rijna 11 | Stare Mesto, Prague 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Special Rate
€75 (EUR)
Ranked #32 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“It's all you will ever need in Prague for a hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

A few steps from Wenceslas Square and a short walk from the 'Old Town', Charles Bridge, in fact all the places you will want to visit.

The Metro Station entrance is next door to the hotel, but we paid 2 months in advance and got a Discount on the Room Rack Rate and a free transfer from the airport to the hotel (One way only).

I found out that the hotel is 11 years old, but it is immaculate from top to bottom, they must make an effort to keep everywhere not only clean and tidy, but painted too.

We had a room at the front, (Room 10) , which was light and bright with 2 separate windows for the double glazing and so very quite. However, open both windows and the music and 'Sounds' of Prague provide a pleasant backdrop.

One review mentioned 'Cold food', and I think I know the reason why.

The hotel is Italian owned and the table tops in the cafe are of marble and so when the plate is put on the table the heat is quickly drained away, due to the marble.

A simple mat on the table when serving food would possibly solve this problem and no doubt the management will look at this suggestion, after reading my review.

Would I go there again, 'Yes' and we intend too during the winter season, especially with snow on the ground, for which Prague we feel sure will take on another magical hue.

Mr Furst in Reception during the day and Mark, 'The Bag Man', were helpful for any questions we had.

Hotel Liberty is like staying in someones private villa or town house, a great play for a relaxed stay without 'large Your Parties'

Room Tip: Ask for Room 10, 2nd floor, the best of both worlds, large and quiet or open the window and let the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Hotel Liberty is well located, within easy walking distance of many of the beautiful sights of Prague. It is a small hotel with few facilities but our room was spacious with a small balcony. Only fault in the actual hotel was that the shower screen fitted badly and the bathroom floor was very wet after each shower.
Our booking included breakfast in the hotel each morning. This was average but the service at breakfast was disappointing. Most of the staff were surly and not very helpful. We went into the hotel's cafe once and found the service also poor. The staff need to be trained that a smile goes a long way. It is such a shame that service lets down this hotel which could be real gem.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Liberty, General Manager at Hotel Liberty, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Jeannie-Ruggles,

First of all I would like to apologize, for not being able to make you feel comfortable in my hotel.
It is really a shame for me, to read that my staff from the breakfast and from the bar was not even able, to give you a smile.
This means that my periodically training of the behavior and attitude with the Guests does not have any on some of them.
All of us are making our best to make sure that our Guest get one excellent experience at the Liberty, and I cannot accept that for the fault of somebody, all the energy get lost.
For this reason, I want to thank you to let me know that something in my hotel does not work as it has to.
For sure I have to invest more effort to enhance the attitude of my staff. To have a nice centrally located hotel is not enough. As you are writing, a smile goes a long way.

Best Regards

Luca Sebastianelli
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

A great hotel, wonderful location - HUGE deluxe room.....Nice breakfast though no variation.

All good in the hotel including the reception staff who were AMAZINGLY helpful....

HOWEVER - even if desperate, DO NOT eat at the Cafe linked to hotel - terrible food, VERY overpriced and not great service........

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Very nice hotel with a really good location. Unfortunately the breakfast was boring, with green eggs (boiled too long). When I tried to ask the staff about the eggs I realized that they were not able to speak English...they could only ask if you want tea or coffee in English.
The WIFI did not work correctly in our room since the signal was too bad, you had to leave the room or move the chair and sit in the hall in your "apartment/room". But the location was great, clean and nice hotel. The service in general was excellent except for the breakfast staff since it was impossible to communicate with them.

Room Tip: No tips unfortunately.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I booked this hotel at the last minute for my arrival night in Prague, and liked it enough that I also booked it for my departure night. The polished lobby reminded me of one of those New York City boutique hotels. I got a medium-small but comfortable room with everything I needed at what I consider to be a bargain price. Staff was a bit reserved but professional and got the job done. Breakfast was similar to what I got elsewhere in Central Europe and offered a variety of cold options. On my return trip I upgraded to a "deluxe" room, pricier but definitely palace-like and still very good for the price. My only minor pet peeves with that room were a little bit of audible elevator noise and my inability to work the whirlpool bath (probably due to my not understand how it worked), but at least they had a whirlpool bath!! Location was excellent at the edge of Old Town near Wenceslas Square. If I get back to Prague I will look this one up again!

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to hall noise, as I sometimes am, the deluxe rooms have an entry area with a se...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had a large room - plenty of space even with a cot with a good shower, marble bathroom with internet included. Breakfast was the usual continental with a small selection of hot food which you don't normally get in europe. The best aspect was the location - just a couple of blocks to the old town square and the royal route which takes you over the charles bridge and up to the castle.

One thing to note is that it is in a pedestrian only zone, but it is only a short walk to the road and the taxi rank.

One tip about souvenir shopping - buy from the markets in between the hotel and the old town square. You can save almost 50%.

Room Tip: room 27 is a good size, you walk into the wardrobe / ensuite area, and is quiet as it is not facing...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

booked hotel due to positive reviews and location / price. my wife and i thoroughly enjoyed our 4 nights here , great staff most welcoming and helpful , great location. nice room very clean and lovely breakfast . could not ask for more from a hotel, if we ever return to Prague will look no further for our accomodation .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Liberty? Share your experiences!