If you don't mind being on the edge of the city centre, this is a very good hotel and great value for money. To reach the old city square on foot, it will take around 15 minutes on foot with a reasonably brisk pace. Václavské náměstí (The Vaclav square) is even closer, just a 5 minute walk away. And there are 2 metro stations within the same range and trams.
But be sure to keep an eye on where you step while walking in Prague. There are plenty of dog excrements around on the pavements.
The service within the hotel is impeccable, if a bit on the "cool" side. But that's the Prague-style of service, we guess. Smiling a lot is simply not something they do anywhere in Prague.
There is a nice and quiet bar and restaurant where you can either eat a nice meal in the evening (thu-sat) or have a drink and a snack/sandwich in the bar every day. The menu of the restaurant is varied, but a bit limited. We ate there on two occasions and we were satified, but not much more than that. Just don't expect gourmet food and you will be satisfied too.
The rooms are very spacious (at least ours on the third floor), spotlessly clean and comfortably furnished. Some might find the beds to be on the hard side, but it suited us just fine. The tv:s are now flat-screen and the wifi is wireless in the room. Our room faced the rather heavily trafficed street toward the Museum, but the windows block out noise very well.
The only 2 problems we had with the room was:
1. The air condition sometimes let in a rather nasty smell of smoke. It probably came from the outside since we could smell it there also.
2. The toilet seat was a bit akwardly placed, behind the door of the bathroom. It kept closing towards you whenever you sat down to...:D
Breakfast is served in a nice and airy atrium and lacks nothing in the way of food or drink you expect in the morning (scrambled eggs, pancakes, yoghurt etc). It would have been nice with something more tasty in the way of bread than the rather boring white kind that was offered, but it's a minor complaint.
So all in all our stay was a very pleasant experience. The only thing lacking was maybe a bit of "heart" and touch of personality from the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique hotel Seven Days is a luxury hotel offering spacious non-smoking superior rooms, modern facilities including private sauna and jacuzzi and professional service with personal attitude. Situated in the center of Prague, Boutique hotel Seven Days is only a short walk from the Wenceslas Square, National Museum and Prague State Opera. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Boutique hotel Seven Days reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel 7 Days
- Seven Days Hotel
- Seven Days Prague