“Hiting the wrong note” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 668 hotels in Prague
Watford,UK
“Hiting the wrong note”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2007

I have hesitated in writing this as I was the guest of an organisation and I do not want to seem ungrateful to their excellent hospitality. It is just that if I had paid for this myself I think I would have not been totally pleased. Our computer/music system did not work and reception staff did not come to offer any help when requested. I understand ours was not the only room to experience this. The internet and music extras are the hotel selling point and let them down all the more if they do not function.
I do not think the breakfast was what I would expect from a hotel of this class. One of our group brought her bags down at check out only to find they had been returned to her former room when the airport coach arrived. The location was good and the decor etc pleasant. I hope the hotel takes note of this- I did write it on the feedback form. We had an excellent weekend in Prague overall but I just felt this hotel was resting on it's laurels a bit.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
parviskanka, General Manager at Aria Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2007
Dear Guest,
I am glad you have decided to post your review - it helps us in improving our service and facilities. Besides service issues already addressed with my colleagues (no excuses - human factor played the role here) we are also expecting our new inroom entertainment system within next few weeks. I am pleased that dispite it you have overall enjoyed your stay in Prague and that you have reminded us that even the best piano needs to be tuned on regular basis ;-)
With kind regards
Parvis Kanka

1,035 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2007

Our visit to Prague followed a Danube cruise. Three days at the Aria were delightful. Sparkling new bathrooms, comfortable beds and friendly service. It is a boutique hotel with minor charming quirks, bits of language difficulties, all enhancing our experience. Can recommend and will return without hesitation. Marina, the concierge, handled reservations and the challenge of arranging car service to Munich expertly. Don't miss lunch on the rooftop terrace, what a view!

• Liked — clean,comfortable,location,service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Belleair Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2007

We stayed in a suite and everything was perfect and most enchanting. The suite was huge and had 2 bedrooms and a huge bathroom and all the amenities. 2 types of robes; all the little shampoos you can dream of; etc... We had 1 huge flat screen tv and 2 other tvs. The view from the suite was overlooking a magnificent garden. We had lunch on the rooftop and it was an amazing experience; we loved the dining room and their menu -- the chef is very good and inventive. The location could not be better and everyone working there seem to be happy and thus try their best. The concierge was very helpful and we had a really nice time and happy to be in the hotel because we found the people of Prague a little sad. The hotel limo came to pick us up and it was limo time all the way!!

• Liked — The Sutie, location,restaurant and service
  • Disliked — We were very happy and we travel a great deal; there is a little sadness about Prague
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
Orange County
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2007

Our stay at the Aria Hotel was a wonderful experience. Since Prague is a major city of the arts, it is perfectly appropriate that the hotel has a focus on music, with each room musically themed. We stayed in the Gershwin room which was great. The rooftop dining area was quaint with a beautiful view. The staff was fantastic, particularly our concierge who was dynamic and truly interested in giving us a more than satisfactory experience. Each room has free high speed and the breakfasts are included, and they are great! One of my best hotel experiences!

Stayed May 2007
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

My husband & I have just stayed for 2 nights with our daughter and her husband. The Aria is simply beautiful. We had lunch on the roof top and stunning breakfasts in the dining room.
The service provided by ALL staff members could not be faulted. We loved the themed rooms and certainly will recommend the Hotel to all. We have friends travelling to Prague shortly and have already told them they must stay there.
The location is excellent with only short walks to the Charles Bridge and Prague castle.
Cannot speak more highly of the Aria !
Sheryl & John Heath
Adelaide, Australia

• Liked — The service & the Molton Brown toiletries
  • Disliked — All was perfect
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2007

My wife and I visited Prague for three nights and stayed at Aria. The hotel was well located. Of course, the staff was very friendly and well trained, typical of this class of hotels. The hotel cars from the airport upon arrival and then to the train station for the departure were enjoyable and relaxing. The drivers were friendly and helpful.

We booked a junior suite. We got a room on the top floor in one of the three sections with "serious" angled walls. I should have requested switching to a different room but I didn't as I was very tired from the flight. I will never make this mistake again. Anyway, my wife and I felt like we were in a sardine can and bump our heads against the walls way too many times. On the plus side, we didn't want to go back to the small room so we stayed out longer.

The breakfast was excellent for a small hotel and the staff was exceptional as compared with other 5-star hotels around the world that I had stayed at.

My wife had a massage. She said it was done by an Amateur especially for the price and this aspect of the hotel really really needs to improve. It was bad. Also I think the hotel gym is dead, so to speak.

The staff at this hotel was excellent and certainly was worthy of a 5-star rating. BTW, the nearby Square restaurant was great. Also, the room computer's OS should change to a more popular one.

Would I stay at this hotel again? Yes but I would insist on a better room next time. The sad part is that I really did enjoy almost everything else about this hotel if I can ignore the room situation. The room started to feel like a closet on the second day.

Stayed April 2007
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

I just spent a week at the Aria Hotel in Prague, CZ and what an incredible experience. We were there for a wedding and I must say the service and the way we were all treated was incredible. The hotel is very unique, with it's many CD's, DVD's and books that they encourage you to view/read. The hotel is music based, with each room a tribute to someone associated with every genre. We stayed in the Louis Armstrong room. The hotel has an upstairs terrace that overlooks the beautiful city of Prague as well as providing a fantastic view of the King's Castle. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who plans on traveling to Prague. It is also within walking distance of the Charles Bridge as well as Old Town and the Jewish Quarter...Incredible!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Aria Hotel? Share your experiences!