“Great location & great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Rococo

Hotel Rococo
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prague
Hotel Rococo
You added Hotel Rococo to your Saves list
Salmovska 14, Prague 120 00, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Ranked #317 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Ohio
“Great location & great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in July, 2013. We had two rooms and both were very clean. After a mix up with the price (I booked with Booking.com and did not get the rooms I requested) the hotel manager adjusted the price and all was well. This hotel is in a great location to walk everywhere. We walked to the Castle as well as to many other places. 5 minute walk to the train station. It is on Wenceslas square and in the middle of all the night life. Breakfast was in the basement and very well done. Great assortment of anything you would want.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Frederiksberg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on the way back to the airport, after skiing in Spindleruv Mlyn. All in all good hotel at a superb location. If going for the nightlife this is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel three times and we have to say that we are surprised to see the negative reviews. We have found :
Location - fantastic, set in the middle of Wenceslas square and easy to walk to all the sights, no need to use public transport.
Staff, - friendly & helpful.
Breakfast - good selection of meats,pastries, fruit, bread & juices One reviewer states that breakfast is served in a 'dark basement' - Prague is famous for it's cellars and this is one of them.
Room- large & spotlessly clean.
Reception - a reviewer says it's small, correct but it doesn't bother me , we don't sleep in the reception.
I have recommended this hotel to colleagues and all have been happy.
We are staying there again December 2010 when we visit Prague for the Christmas markets.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Waterford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2007

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in mid January after a week skiing in Spindleruv Mlyn (see my review of that also). Check in etc was efficient if a little impersonal. Room 505 on 5th floor was great, spacious with a view over Wenscles Square. Internet and pay movies was not working, however when I asked it was repaired immediately. Breakfast was passable but the scrambled eggs were undercooked. So we decided to eat boiled eggs (cold), but when I requested mayonnaise, I was told the hotel does not have any - please, tell me another one!!!!.

Room servied each day as requested, but two single duvets for a double bed is not ok.

On check out, I asked for a copy of the bill to take to my room so that I could check it. However, I had to pay the bill first, which I protested at. However, as I learned during our break in Czech republic, they do not care for customer service, so I just paid and left. And yes, we were ripped off on the bill. The advice I can offer is, take cash with you, and exchange in lump sums at the various kiosks. Be careful to do your research first, to find the best rate at zero commission.

When purchasing dinner in a restaurant, 99.9% of the time you are charged at least 10% for service, so you may decide not to tip. When we discovered this, we tipped less often.
Be careful when you are paying, as I was left 100 and 200 short, and only I was careful and checked my change, I would not have noticed.

Prague is a beautiful city for sightseeing and shopping. Again the people let it down - rude and no service. I will not be going to Prague again!!

Three times during our visit, I was offered a joint on the street.

Stayed January 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

I wish I'd read that review before I stayed here!! It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in: the staff are indifferent, reception is tiny with no information and a constant TV playing, there are no public areas and breakfast is served in a dark basement room. It is just off a main road and is not double glazed so very noisy. Our room was dirty and worn: a huge disappointment from their character-filled photos on the internet.

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2004

I made a reservation with my credit card for myself and my partner to stay at the Rococo for 4 nights over the new year period 03/04. We paid cash for the full cost of the room when we checked in. They also charged my credit card and they have not responded to our emails or letters and we are still chasing the money they stole from me 3 months later. They also gave us a room right next door to the 24 hour reception, needless to say it was VERY loud 24 hours. In addition I was covered in bites all over my body from the green bugs we found crawling on the bed. The hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in and we travel extensively. This is also the only hotel that has stolen money from me and will not respond. We have since informed the authorities of this fraud and they are pursuing it.

Been to Hotel Rococo? Share your experiences!