“Great location - take care with room selection” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav

You added BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kremencova 13, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #245 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Fleet
“Great location - take care with room selection”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Hotel is very well situated with the famous Charles Bridge and the Old Town about a 10min walk. Be careful regarding room choice - stay clear of rooms in the A building due to noise from road and the bars etc that are close by, also no air con in our room. Stuck between a rock and a hard place - open windows and don't sleep, or close windows and don't sleep !! The good thing about our room (304), it was spacious, with bath and shower altho not much in the way of complimentary toiletries which we have found good in other Best Westerns. No tea/coffee facilities not acceptable either (would take our own next time!!). Could have done with a couple of relaxing chairs rather than having to sit on the bed all the time. Breakfast provided lots of choice, albeit strange. Staff were a little abrupt but think this may be a Czech thing according to a travel book we were given - that said, if you cannot provide friendly service, you are in the wrong job. We would stay there again but would be more careful on room selection..

Room Tip: The rooms in the A building were incredibly noisey - noise from the traffic and late night revellers...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I got a very good deal on this hotel, and the room was decent for the price. The bed was fairly comfortable and the room was reasonably clean. The breakfast in the morning was decent, but had a small selection. However, we had no air conditioning unit in the room and were so hot at night, it was almost unbearable. Some of the front desk staff are extremely rude and not helpful at all. That doesn't necessarily go for all of the staff though. The best thing about staying here was the location though. Very close to Old Town Square and Charles Bridge. We walked everywhere on this trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Although located in one of the back streets off the main road, the Best Western Pav, offers very good value and an excellent central location for a city break in the beautiful city of Prague.

Check-in was friendly and fast and I was soon in my twin room (207) which was towards the back of the hotel. The room was very clean and well appointed with all the items a tourist requires (e.g. safe, ample storage, TV, free-wifi etc), complimentary teas and coffees are available upon request (apparently no longer standard, as people keep stealing the mini-kettles!).

The bed, mattress, duvet and pillow were all of a good standard and afforded my weary tourist bones a good night's sleep! The bathroom was very clean and comprised of a shower cubicle, wash stand and toilet basin. Towels were OK, but getting a tad old and scratchy - new fluffy ones need to be ordered! Complimentary shower gel is available in a dispenser.

I booked a deal which included a complimentary continental breakfast; this comprised of cereals, rolls, amazing local rye bread (very yummy!), ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs, jam etc. Interestingly there were also some strange items available at breakfast like cold peas, carrots and green beans, alongside pasta salad - no accounting for taste I guess! However, more than enough to choose from and set me up for a good days sight-seeing!

Had a great stay in Prague and Best Western Pav provided me with a comfortable and excellent base for my three day stay.

Room Tip: Room 207 was fairly quiet and had its own small mini balcony (not much of a view though!).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I agree with an earlier reviewer who called the front desk "disconnected" and bothered by guest requests. I have stayed here on two occasions (the location is good and the rooms are comfortable) and BOTH times I found the reception staff SO very unfriendly and unhelpful.
On this occasion I needed directions by public transportation to the Municipal House and the woman at the front desk made no effort whatsoever to help me .. and I ended up walking the 25 minutes with my luggage because she was so totally unwilling to offer assistance. (I moved to the Clarion Hotel where the front desk staff were extremely helpful with such matters)

The breakfast service only starts at 7:30, which is rather late in the morning. I was being picked up at 7:45 for an out of town meeting so I asked if there might be the possibility to be allowed into the breakfast room a few minutes early and was told no. With really no time to enjoy a proper breakfast, I grabbed a cup of coffee and took some bread and cheese to make a sandwich to eat in the car. As I was doing so a member of the hotel staff came over to me to very rudely tell me that it was not allowed to take food out of the breakfast room.

During my previous visit I asked how I could get some ice and was told the hotel had no provisions for ice but I could ask at the bar. The woman at the bar said it would not be possible to be given some ice. So I asked if I could buy some ice (enough to fill a glass) and was told no. Finally, with EXTREME attitude on her part, she very ungraciously gave me a glass of ice!!

Do not these people understand the damage they do to the name of the Best Western chain ... which has some great properties and great staff elsewhere?

It is known as the hospitality industry ... but do not expect to find any hospitality at the Hotel Pav.
It is a shame, I as I visit Prague frequently and, like I said, the location is good. It would make for a good episode of "Undercover Boss"

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PraguePav, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you very much for review. We always do our best to make the stay of every guest perfect and comfortable. We train our colleagues at the Front Desk and also other departments to have a great hospitality skills. The ice in the bar is for free on request. Is possible to ask for the breakfast package in case the guest is leaving earlier than 7:30 AM (Breakfast opening hours 7:30-10:00 AM). This information we have in guest directory in every room and guest is informed about that during the check-in time also. Thank you for understanding Blanka Černá
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We arrived having walked from the train station in the searing heat to be greeted by very welcoming and helpful staff, a nice bar area to have a cold drink, and a massage chair! Our room was spacious and clean, had a comfortable bed and a great bathroom. The only points I would make is that in the heat of summer the rooms get uncomfortably hot and the windows only open slightly so we asked for a fan. The breakfast was very extensive but quite average. The hotel very centrally located. We had a very nice stay and wished we could've stayed a bit longer.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bayside, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent one week at this hotel. The location was good, close to the main bridges and a short walk to the main square,.. Our room was a duplex triple, as we were three people. It was clean and very spacious. .At first sight it seemed great, almost too good to be true, however we soon discovered that there was no air on the top floor so it was impossible to sleep up there. It may be a decent room in the winter , or in colder months where air is not needed. We ended up dragging the mattress down the stairs and placed it on the floor next to the other 2 beds. So in theory , it was supposed to be a room for 3, but one person ended up sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Also, the rooms do not have a mini fridge, so you can not store water or other things to eat or drink for later on. The mirror situation was very poor..The one mirror in the bathroom was so far away, that it was almost impossible to put on makeup,, The staff was not all that gracious.. They always seemed bothered and disconnected. But I have to say that the breakfast buffet was the absolute worst!! For me, the food was basically inedible, unless you are from the Czecg Republic and used to that kind of food...The only thing that we could relate to was the bread and butter and hard boiled eggs.and some mornings there was cut up fruit. The breakfast food was mainly food that you would maybe eat for dinner.. heavy meats and creamed potatoes ad soggy peas and carrots.
I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: This top floor room would be ok in the cooler weather since there is no air up there, unless you fee...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Best western Hotel Pav is well located in the centre of Prague.
By foot, it takes about 15-20 minutes to get to the Karls bridge or the Old City Square. It’s located in quite a calm street so we enjoyed a good night’s rest.

Our room was clean and had a spacious bathroom.

The staff was friendly at all times.

I may be spoilt because I am rather an experienced “Best Western” USA traveller but I certainly missed the microwave, fridge and coffee maker in the room. There’s not even a public microwave that people are allowed to use. This is something that – to my opinion - should have been included in the room.

There’s no air-conditioning in the room either so I can imagine it must be very hot during Summer time.

There was a large choice for breakfast. To my opinion, the buffet contained half breakfast options and have lunch options. I really cannot eat hot food that early in the morning so I don’t know why they didn’t put some more “breakfast-like” options instead of lunch options (especially cause breakfast closes at 10am sharp.)

There were several kinds of bread but the best sandwiches were always gone by the time we arrived (which was around 9.30) and replenishment was not possible according to the ladies who worked there.

I read a “complaint” on Tripadvisor about the restricted choice of fruit in the morning. There were only oranges available indeed (no other fruit), but at least it were sweet and juicy oranges. I prefer having only 1 choice a good quality fruit rather than having the choice of 3 different kinds of “poor quality” fruits.

All in all we definitely enjoyed our stay at BW Hotel Pav and would surely recommend this hotel for people visiting Prague for a few days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family