“Good experience” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel International Prague

You added Hotel International Prague to your Saves list
Hotel International Prague
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koulova 15, Prague 160 00, Czech Republic (Formerly Crowne Plaza Hotel Prague) (Praha 6)   |
Ranked #314 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Peniche, Portugal
“Good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Close to public transport. Elegant building and well maintained. Unfortunatelly the wi-fi is only available at the hall, but not in the rooms. Very helpful staff. Good breakfast but was not clear if were available local specialities: seemed all verry close to a standard in the class. Pleasant stay! Worth to come again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CPPrague, Front Office Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am taking this opportunity to thank you for you stay at Crowne Plaza Prague and I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction with our hotel and the staff.
I am also very glad to inform you that we are planning installation of wi-fi in the guest rooms in the near future to further improve our range and level of services.

I appreciate having you as a loyal customer at our property and will do our best to make your next possible stay as much as memorable and enjoyable one.

We are looking forward welcoming you back again at our property. With kind regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend. I was not sure to go to Prague but the overall experience, especially the hotel was very very good. The hotel is a massive and elegant building. The mosaic in the club lounge is a beauty. Breakfast was good valure for money. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They have good knowhow of the city and booked a city trip and dinner cruise for us. The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable.

Tram 8 goes straight to city centre and the tram stop is 1 minute walk from the hotel main door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Crowne Plaza Prague in March 2013. I do appreciate your very positive feedback especially regarding the friendliness of our hotel staff along with comfortable beds, nice roomm and the quality of our breakfast.

I am very happy to read such wonderful words about our hotel and we are already looking forward welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested or anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague.

With kind regards,

Sheringham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed here on a family break mid February and unfortunately had problems from the start. It ruined our stay in Prague.

As we were holidaying with children we specifically booked this hotel because they could accommodate all of us in one room . The children's ages and the one booking confirmation that we received are very clear. As a priority club member this is the booking and price that IHG members clearly state that they will honour.

On arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to two rooms because they do not take families. We then found our bill was going to be doubled. We inspected the room to find one had been made up for four! It being late that is the one we took. We then had a long running battle with reception and had to settle for the surcharge and higher room price they imposed. I will not even go into the supposed double booking reservation they produced with a different booking reference number of which I have no trace at my end!

I approached IHG to place a complaint but they referred the matter back to the hotel. As we had discussed the matter with them many times this was pretty pointless. Although my priority club status has been upgraded since. Wow!

I agree with SJP Fleet who appears to have stayed at the hotel at the same time. The reception at the hotel do appear to apply the rules and only those rules that suit the hotel We also found the hotel virtually empty...people voting with their feet and their wallets? I have stayed at many IHG members hotels over many years this is the only one I have ever had problems with.

Finally on the first night we went for a drink in the lobby bar to soothe our troubled minds. It was like having a drink in a funeral directors....I could hear the rustle of the barman's' magazine from ten foot away, it was that lively. The much vaunted free wifi is only available about four foot from the reception desk. The hotel is at the very very end of the metro line, the breakfasts are okay but not great. It is dated and it is expensive for what it is.

In the interests of balance, it's clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CPPrague, Front Office Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear James G.,

Thank you so much for staying at the Crowne Plaza while visiting Prague and for sharing your feedback about our property. We really appreciate feedback from our guests as they help us to focus on areas of improvement.

I am happy to hear about your positive feedback regarding cleanliness and your Priority Club status upgrade. Nevertheless I would like to take this opportunity to apologize again for your uncomfortable experience. I am truly sorry for the fact you were not informed about the extra bed supplement, and I would like to reassure you were not overcharged for your stay. I will also follow up with the bar staff to ensure similar incidents will be avoided.

I still do hope having a chance welcoming you back to our property and prove to you our commitment.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at j.houska@crowneplaza.cz for any further assistance requested or anything I can do for you during your next time spending in Prague.

With kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Myself and my daughter stayed here for 3 nights at the end of February. We both highly recommend it! It is a short distance out of the town which may be a drawback for some but we didn't have a problem (the transport is simple once you get to grips with it. Outside the hotel we took the 2 or 8 tram to dejwicka and changed for the metro. We took a taxi one night to get back from the opera - 15 GBP). The staff are very warm, welcoming and efficient, the room was clean and of a high standard and the breakfast buffet was extensive (even for my daughter who is vegan). We'll be back again!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel room seems slightly worn out and needs some work on it even though the staff of the hotel are friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast spread is alright and filling. The carpet should be replaced and hope the next time we visit again - the hotel will undertake to do some touch ups. Overall, the services provided are perfectly good and only if they could offer free WIFI in the rooms as well, that would be an added advantage. However, the breakfast place and lobby do have Free internet ...Enjoy !

Burton in Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a great hotel if you want to savour Prague away from the typical tourist area, as well as easily access the main attractions of the city centre. The service is excellent, breakfast is very good, and the rooms are spacious, immaculate and well appointed.
Many thanks to Michal Kralik and his staff for ensuring that we had a great stay.
Key recommendations to help future residents
1) The hotel provides a shuttle service for 590cr for a car of 4 people. A little bit dearer than a taxi but convenient
2) There is an IMMENSE whisky bar 50 yards to the right of the hotel, which is phenomenally cheap and has in excess of 100 whisky's to savour
3) The tram stop number 8 is right outside - 15 minutes into the city and a very efficient and safe service
4) Don't buy old prague ham on Old Town Sq - they con you by charging 89cr per 100g and then giving you a mountain of meat so you pay £20 for a sandwich (I am not joking)
5) Do go to the restaurant just outside the hotel to the right (left hand side as you go up the hil) 4 of us with starters and then steak, goulash, schnitzel, beer shorts and wine - less than £9 each
6)Get the tram two stops up the hill and there is a big roundabout with a great restaurant (Called 'The Original Pilsner Urquell) and lots of other restaurants / coffee shops about that look good and very well priced
7) Get a high room if you can
8)wifi is free in the lobby
9) the gym is good and has plenty of equipment
10) there is a fridge in all the rooms so you can get milk fresh orange beer etc (supermarket Kaufhaus or Billa) just up the road
11) People have mentioned that there was no recognition for priority club members - I found the recognition excellent, with an upgrade and also fruit and water in the room
12) and FINALLY - do not expect to have a couple of beers and a sandwich at the airport and pay less than £6 per 1/2litre - absolutely ridiculous prices with awful service and awful food

We will be back

Any questions please ask

Room Tip: High rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Fleet
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

As a platinum priority club member, I have come to appreciate great treatment from this chain of hotels, particularly whenever I have stayed at a Crowne Plaza - unfortunately this hotel was a great disappointment.
One of the perks of being a member is the offer of a free upgrade, something that isn't guaranteed, but something I have rarely had a problem with.
Even when I haven't been given one, I have always felt my custom was appreciated and a little gesture (could be just a welcome letter) to acknowledge my loyalty would be made.
I asked for an upgrade to an executive room when I made my booking online with this hotel and when I checked in...unfortunately, I was only given a superior room, (there was nothing superior about it).
It was normal size, with basic facilities, opposite the lift and music was being played right outside the door!
I was disappointed but as it was Valentine's, I assumed there were not many rooms available.
It was only when I asked about seeing the view from the Sky room at the top of the hotel, that I realised the hotel wasn't booked out - they just didn't want to give me a better room.
You could only access the sky room if you had been given an executive room and I was told I could get one if I agreed to pay 20 euros for breakfast.
That is not what the priority club service is all about. Upgrades are promised if rooms are available, not because you agree to spend more.
When i put this to the receptionist, she just said that was their policy, either I buy breakfast or I stay where I was.
I rang the priority club number to complain and in the end the hotel gave me a key card to get me into the club lounge, but the room stayed the same. Funnily enough the Sky room was closed anyway!
It may seem petty or like I'm spoilt, but the fact remains that in previous priority club hotels I was made to feel like my custom was appreciated...I didn't get that feeling here.
Then add to the fact the hotel looks dated inside, has a very cold/dead atmopshere and the internet service is a bit hit and miss and you have one very unsatisfying experience.
One of the reasons I accept the inconvenience of staying in Priority Club hotels, which tend to be away from the city centre, is because of the great loyalty scheme they have, but this hotel clearly hasn't got the company motto figured out.
I would advise any priority club members to forget the points they can earn here and try their luck at the intercontinental or just stay in one of the hotels located centrally instead.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CPPrague, Manager at Hotel International Prague, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to learn from your feedback that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel, especially when receiving such comment from a Platinum Priority Club Member.

Following your comments, I would like to assure you that we always try to provide our Platinum Priority Club Members with an upgrade to higher room category if available at the time of arrival. I regret to say that Club rooms and Club Suites cannot be offered for an upgrade if they are unavailable due to high occupancy. The benefit as such has always been influenced by room availability and cannot be guaranted in advance. As stated in your feedback, it was the Valentine’s Day and the football match between Sparta Prague and Chelsea that led to high demand for Club rooms we sold out over those days. Therefore, you got offered a complimentary upgrade to Superior room category and I feel sorry if this room type had not met your expectations in full.

I am aware of the matter of fact that you, as a valued Platinum Priority Club Member, may receive various benefits in IHG hotels worldwide that vary when compared among the properties.We, as Crowne Plaza Prague and in line with Priority Club benefit rules, provide our Platinum members with a special benefit of a free access to the Club Lounge if reservation is made for this particular product and services including breakfast. As it was not the case, our reception staff referred to the offer of the EUR 20 breakfast supplement which is considered an added value at minimum cost for our guests extending the services given within the range of global Priority Club standards.

Dear Sir, let me please state that we greatly value our Priority Club Members as they represent a customer audience we always focus on and do for them our utmost to fulfill their expectations.

I also hope to have another opportunity to present on our perception and reflection of your meaning in conjuction with our services, their quality and improvements related and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Prauge some day in the not too distant future.

Kind regards