Fantastic hotel. Service being paramount. One nice touch is the complimentary I-Pad in each room for your use. THe hotel is located at the end of a road, right up against the castle walls. They do not tell you , but there is a private door to a small stairs to the castle grounds. While touring the extensive castle grounds, you can duck back into the hotel for lunch, a rest or something you have forgotten. The restaurant on top of the hotel is also excellent. Panoramic view of the city with excellet, though expensive food. One warning; they claim to have a 4:00 to 6:00 happy hour in the private lounge with complimentary drinks and light food. It should be called the 4:00 to 4:30 happy our. Our first day we came at 5:30 and nothing was left, no wine, no food, not even clean glasses.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Well (u Zlate Studne) Hotel Prague
- Golden Well (u Zlate Studne) Hotel
- Golden Well u Zlate Studne
- Golden Well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming traditional retreat in 16th-century Emperor's residence, set beneath the walls of Prague Castle. Wander up the cobbled, traffic-free streets to The Golden Well (U Zlate Studne), clinging to the wall in the shadow of Prague Castle, and you will uncover one of the city's best kept secrets. This modest collection of little inter-locking houses was once home to Emperor Rudolf II, and later the astronomer Tycho de Brahe. Sensitive renovation - has created a cosy yet refined hotel. The result is a pleasing balance of mod cons - jacuzzis, internet access, satellite TV - and old style elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, Escapio, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Golden Well (U Zlate Studne) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.