“All I can say is the location is amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Well (U Zlate Studne)

Save Saved
You added Golden Well (U Zlate Studne) to your Saves list
Golden Well (U Zlate Studne)
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   U Zlate Studne 166 / 4 | Praha 1-Hradcany, Prague 11800, Czech Republic   |
Special Offer
Romantic Package
Ranked #2 of 668 hotels in Prague
portland, or
“All I can say is the location is amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a weird review because we didn't stay here. We stayed in a over priced hotel in the wrong part of the city. We found the Golden Well by accident when trying to find a restaurant. The staff was really nice and gave us directions. All I could talk about all night is how cute that hotel was and I wished we were staying there. We really didn't like Prague due to the busyness of the city and I think if we ever went back we would prefer to be in that area. It's very peaceful and calm up there and still a very close walk to everything important.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well (U Zlate Studne), responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you found our hotel on your way to finding a restaurant. Maybe on your next visit, you will be able to experience the Golden Well Hotel with all the services it has to offer and I believe that our staff will exceed your expectations.

Should you choose to stay with us your next time in Prague, for any questions or requirements, feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to help you with your room reservation.

1,219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Syracuse, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Everything has been said that could be said. It may not be the fanciest but it's the best. We loved everything about it. We loved the quaintness, the nighttime treat under glass, the wine and cheese in our room on arrival, not to mention the ipod playing music and an ipad to use during your stay. The beds were divine the restaurant spectacular and the location perfect.

Room Tip: 35 was wonderful but we did not see any others to compare
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having shared your experience with us. We really work hard to make our guests have an enjoyable stay and we are really happy to have a hotel with so many aspects to love. Thank you for mentioning most of them!

we look forward to welcoming you back to Golden Well Hotel very soon.

Walnut Creek, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just back from six days in Prague. I make a habit of complaining about hotels, but this place was superb--phenomenal location (with a "secret" entrance to the castle), great service, quiet, relaxing, walking distance to the sights of Old Town. I can hardly wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We're pleased to hear you appreciated our great location as well as our service and gorgeous rooftop with the private entrance to the Royal gardens of Prague Castle.

We can't wait to have you back to the Golden Well too!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We usually escape for Christmas and New Year to warmer climates however last year we decided to spend Christmas in Prague for sight seeing, culture and Christmas markets.

After conducting plenty of research on the T A website we decided to opt for The Golden Well's - suite Rudolph11, this beautiful hotel is in the lesser old town, which is a perfect setting, within walking distance of the old town Via Charles Bridge but out of the way enough not to be apart of the sometimes overcrowded old town. Our Suite was very opulent and romantic, with windows overlooking the majestic city buildings and the castle grounds. My only quip about the Suite was although there was plenty of space, I had to apply my make up and dry my hair in the hall way as there was no dressing table or mirror in the bedroom, I did mention this fact to Management who have hopefully now rectified the problem.

The suite has a very comfortable lounge area, bathroom, separate toilet and bedroom area, as it was Christmas we also had a beautiful decorated fir tree in the lounge area of the suite which filled the air with it's fresh pine fragrance. We also had a pillow menu which suited Hubby who can go through numerous pillows until he finds the "right one". He was totally indulged as I think he went through every pillow on the menu, not only do you get your pillow changed but along with the pillow comes an entirely different set of bedding. Thought and attention to detail is second to none, turn down service includes a delicious mini dessert. After a long day shopping/sightseeing you can book a luxurious aromatherapy bath for your return.

I hadn't realised the restaurant was voted number 1 on TA until it was to late, so unfortunately we were unable to enjoy evening dinning in the hotels restaurant however we did order room service. The food was outstanding. Breakfast is delicious with an extensive 3 course menu and picture windows overlooking the City, there is also a roof terrace to take in the views and relax with a cigar - blankets are provided if the weather is cold.

The Christmas markets were a little disappointing as the stalls were mainly selling Christmas decorations, but the markets are very atmospheric. The main shops were plentiful, selling unique clothing and not your normal shopping centres with the same old shops. This more than suited us.

Charles Bridge is a spellbinding sight and experience ( don't forget your Love Lock )

Taking in the sights one day we decided to have a coffee break we went into a hotel we just happened to be passing at the time. We asked the waiter if it was possible just to have coffee and cake - of course Sir and Madame please follow me. We followed the waiter to the beautiful dinning area were our coats were taken from our shoulders, placed on a hanger and put into a beautiful wardrobe. The tables were dressed with pristine crisp white linen table cloths, a low stool was placed beside the table for placement of my handbag. The silver hallmarked Cutlery was changed by a waiter wearing white gloves. We were presented with bottled water in an ice bucket which was then poured into crystal glasses by our waiter, whilst we decided on dessert from the menu. When "the Cake" arrived presentation - worthy of a 3 star Michelin restaurant and tasted every bit as Devine. The only other establishment I have received this level of service was The Ritz which was a Day out rather than just coffee and cake, I began to think coffee and cake is going to cost in excess of 75euro and it would be worth every cent, the bill arrived - we could not believe the cost was a meagre 9 euro. The waiter even helped us into our coats before departure. Unfortunately we don't remember the name of this hotel.

We also enjoyed a night of jazz in a small quiet unsavoury looking little bar in a cellar not far from The Golden Well however there was a good mix of people from all backgrounds enjoying the venue - again the service was excellent and the atmosphere was amazing. We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Another day after visiting the castle we decided to dine on local Czech cuisine. We ate delicious onion soup, dumplings and beef goulash. Exquisite in beautiful traditional surroundings again I can't remember the name but it's the one with the three violins on it's logo and supposed to be linked to the Golden Well.

I always thought Prague would be bitterly cold however the weather was surprisingly mild and much warmer than the UK at our time of visiting.

Finally we did visit our alternate hotel options but discovered we had definitely made the BEST CHOICE in The Golden Well.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having shared such a detailed review. We're glad to have made such a special Christmas trip memorable for you. We can only imagine how romantic all of that must have been! Next time you visit, our front desk team would be happy to point you towards even more fantastic activities and dining options. We also recommend trying our sister property ARIA Hotel, which has an unique music concept and beautiful summer terrace with amazing views of Prague during the summer months.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your Rudolph the II. Suite with all it's facilities and functions even you missed the dressing table and mirror in the bedroom. We are now working on improving it and I believe that we will solve this issue to the highest satisfaction of our guests soon.

I am sorry to hear though you that you didn't have a chance to dine in our hotel restaurant Terasa as I am sure it would be an unforgettable experience too. However I am sure that the next time of your visit we will find a nice table for you and your company.

I hope to welcome you back very soon and thank you for being the best choice for your Christmas stay in Prague.

Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I just returned from a 3-week trip covering several European countries and numerous hotels, and Golden Well was my favorite. Our room (33) was spacious and comfortable with a comfortable seating area, good views, and a bathroom with a deep tub/shower stocked daily with Molton Brown products. The location was great--right by the castle and easy walking distance to the Charles Bridge and transportation stops, but behind a police station and the Prague Parliament building, so also very quiet and safe. Two things other things are what really made this one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at: the service and the food. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and responsive to every question and request. I arrived with a severe mosquito bite reaction that had become infected, and they had a doctor up in our hotel room within an hour of my arrival. They were also great about sending up ice packs and seemed genuinely concerned about my well-being. And the food and the views from the dining room/terrace were AMAZING. Make sure you get the breakfast because it is not to be missed. Lots of fresh fruit, nuts, cheeses, homemade yogurts, cereals, pastries, and then anything you want off the menu. Everything we tried was unique and delicious (scrambled eggs with truffle oil, for example). The quality of the snacks/wine in the lounge every afternoon and the desserts left in our room every evening was also outstanding. Even though it wasn't my birthday until the day we were leaving, they left a beautiful cake and note for me the night prior, which was a lovely surprise. Really, this hotel goes above and beyond in every area. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Altos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

During a recent trip to Prague, we had the pleasure of staying in the Golden Well Hotel. Once a visitor here, I can't imagine how any other hotel could compare. When we arrived, wonderful Ivan gave us a tour of the site with its many terraces, gardens, and exquisite views of Stare Mesto (Old Town) Prague. The hotel is located in the Mala Strana (Lesser Quarter) part of town, so we had the good fortune of being able to look out our window and gaze up at the Castle. In fact, there is an entrance to the Castle right outside of the terrace where the best breakfast in Prague (possibly,in the whole of Europe) is served. The staff were incredibly friendly, helpful, and patient when we attempted to learn a few phrases in Czech. The location is away from the hustle and bustle of Old Town, so the quiet environment adds to pleasure of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The hotel was very well located, easily walking distance to all the main sites, although it must be fairly new as the taxi drivers had a bit of trouble finding it as it is a bit tucked away! Very nice rooms with a lovely view over the city and never thought I would say this but the toilet was amazing! The toilet seat has a heater in it so it is always warm and you just push a button to lift the lid/ seat. :)

The service was amazing, they were always happy to help and every evening there was a little dessert on the bedside table which was a really nice touch. :)

The only downside was the breakfasts were obscenely expensive. You could eat dinner out at a nice restuarant for half the price. The breakfast was nice but not worth the price. Nice views from the restuarant though so good to do it once!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Golden Well (U Zlate Studne)? Share your experiences!