There are a lot of great hotels, but staying at some of them you feel like you could be anywhere in the world. It is definitely not the case with Golden Well hotel that to me seemed to represent the quintessence of Prague. Everything about it - the architecture, the location, room design and the views both from our room and the Terrace restaurant reflected the miracle of this jaw-dropping city. I was there for business, but we did walk around the Old Town and like some other reviewers noted, I found the Mala Stana location much nicer for staying. The Old Town, although very beautiful, has losts of crowds and is very busy. The area where the Golden Well is located is very quiet especially at night and creates a feeling as if time has stopped there. On our first night the concierge recommended Palfy Palace restaurant for dinner. I would highly recommend this place, only 5 minute walk from the hotel, not only for its food, but also for the atmosphere. Looked like a very upscale place mainly filled with beautifully dressed locals. Prague is definitely not to be missed as a place to visit, and even one visit would not be enough for it. I miss it already as well as the warmth and comfort of the Golden Well hotel and its highly professional friendly personnel.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Well (u Zlate Studne) Hotel
- Golden Well (u Zlate Studne) Hotel Prague
- Golden Well u Zlate Studne
- Golden Well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming traditional retreat in 16th-century Emperor's residence, set beneath the walls of Prague Castle. Wander up the cobbled, traffic-free streets to The Golden Well (U Zlate Studne), clinging to the wall in the shadow of Prague Castle, and you will uncover one of the city's best kept secrets. This modest collection of little inter-locking houses was once home to Emperor Rudolf II, and later the astronomer Tycho de Brahe. Sensitive renovation - has created a cosy yet refined hotel. The result is a pleasing balance of mod cons - jacuzzis, internet access, satellite TV - and old style elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Amex, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Golden Well (U Zlate Studne) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.