“Comfortable Hotel but poor service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre

You added Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Na Pankraci 15 | Praha 4, Prague 14021, Czech Republic (Praha 4)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #298 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Singapore, Singapore
“Comfortable Hotel but poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was there for 7 days attending a conference at the Prague Congress Centre. Central location, comfortable rooms and convenient. Metro is walking distance. Good food however same menu for breakfast buffet every day. The hotel was full because of the conference next door. Few areas for improvement - lady who was at the breakfast reception was bit rude to people. It may be that she has limited knowledge of English and the words she used can be misconstrued as rude. However, when I checked out, the hotel charged for a call which I made to a toll free number - 3 Euros for 2 minutes! I thought that this is bit cheapskate as I stayed there for more than a week and made a call to a 800 toll free number. I also got feedback from other guests that hotel tried to squeeze money for every little thing. Furthermore, I feel the hotel should invest in front office staff esp in dealing with customers (may be they have a different attitude to customers from Europe) from all backgrounds.

Room Tip: Rooms from 3rd floor up are good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear SamD_11,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased to know that our location was of convenience for you and the food served met your expectations. I apologize though for the less than satisfactory service received. I have noted your concerns and this shall be addressed with our team to consider for improvements.

We hope the next time your travels bring you back to the area, you choose us again for your lodging needs.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This hotel not located in the city center but the metro is close by and it is very convenient if you actually are visiting one of the offices nearby. Rooms are nice and functional. Breakfast is good, WiFi reliable. I can recommend it especially for those on business trips.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This hotel upgraded us to a business suite. I am a priority member anyway, but, they upgraded me to a small suite. My travel buddy got a good room too. Breakfast is free for us; the regular cost here is 300 Korunas. Not a bad deal for great coffee and nice buffet. Hotel staff needs to learn the local places for tourist's basic needs...

Room Tip: LAUNDRY ADVICE- Go here: Pradelina Hopra. It is a 7 minute walk from the hotel. The cost of 1 big...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for five days.
It was quite a nice experience, the food was great and the price was affordable, our room was spacious and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is only a few minutes by car from Prague Downtown.
Would definitely consider staying at this hotel again if i revisit Beautiful Prague.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed at this property one night while traveling. We selected this hotel due to it being away from the congested downtown area. Our reservation was ready when we arrived and check in was quick and efficient. We used the hotel car park located in the basement which was very convenient; adequate signage to direct us in. Internet was free and very fast, we had no problem at all with our two devices. Our room was comfortable and very quiet and we were able to get a great nights sleep after traveling several hours. Breakfast was ample with several choices; bacon and eggs, cold cuts, cereals, and assorted beverages. The hotel is located near several shops and a mall is about a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The service is really bad, the staff is rude. I was going to stay there for 3 nights, but it was not worth it, so i left right away. I have been traveling around the world and I have stayed in many holiday's inn and being in the priority club, I must say this was the worst hotel I've been to.

• Stayed July 2013
Jana B, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear reviewer,

thank you very much for your valuable review. We appreciate your effort, but cannot react to your negative comments properly if we have no awareness of the actual rudeness and unhelpfullness of our staff. We certainly try to keep a consistent quality of service provided, and would like to hear any constructive comments, but your comment seem to vague to be able to react properly and improve the bad.
Nevertheless, the staff will be soon retrained in the hospitality and welcome attitude. Thank you once more for your insight.

With regards,

Jana, resident manager, HI Prague Congress Centre
Amman - Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for 8 nights end of June 2013, I choose it because it is next to the congress center. The rooms are nice, plenty of room for hanging clothes & putting the luggage. The desk make it easier to do work & type on the computer.I did not have any problems with the internet, because of the previous reviews & my laptop is three years old, I took a USB device that enhance receiving wireless internet signal, so no problems at all, if I depended on the laptop alone the signal is weak.( I hope this help others because I saw people working in the lobby which is not comfortable for working- I supposed it is because of the internet ). Clean rooms, I liked the Dove & Lux shampoo dispensers.The bathroom was shower only with various nozzles for massage.The breakfast is good, British ( eggs & bacon) & intercontinnetal, like butter & jam, youghart & fruits, cakes. The staff at the reception is very efficient & quick, I saw them dealing with LARGE groups efficiently & pleasantly. Also the staff at breakfast were quick to clean & make room for new comers, because at some days it was VERY busy. I ate twice in the resturant, it was dinning in style. Sleeping was good, but I had a double bed with 2 seperate mattresses which is not comfortable. I think the reviews did not give it justice, thank you Holiday Inn for the pleasant stay, & thank you staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jana B, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear sir,

thank you for your wonderful review! We are really glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to meeting you in Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre again.

With kind regards,

Jana, resident manager

Been to Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre? Share your experiences!