“Really good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bily Lev

You added Hotel Bily Lev to your Saves list
Hotel Bily Lev
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cimburkova 20 | Praha 3, Prague 13000, Czech Republic (Praha 3)   |
Ranked #419 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“Really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

The gentlemen at the reception is quite nice. BE CAREFULLY WITH TWO THINGS: There will be nobody at all at the reception after 7pm. but its not a problem. just call the hotel number and he will tell u where to find the keys. also, it's not in the city centre. Take tram 9 to the stop husinecka if u arrive at the central railway station Hlavni Nadrazi. Then walk up until u pass a Chinese restaurant and turn left at the first cross. I have to say traffic in Prague is realty convenient!!!! Make use of TRAMS!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Statesboro, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Well, I booked with Expedia over a week in advance. I called the hotel the day before I arrived to let them know that I was arriving later than expected...Guess what? They didn't even have me registered as a guest for the days I had booked!! I don't know if it was a problem with expedia. (which I doubt because I've used expedia for years and have never had a problem like this. So, they put me in a small double-bed room. It was small, uncomfortable and had no way to relax in it. The sheets were horrible, as were the pillows. The toilet barely flushed and everything in this room was outdated. Only thing positive to say was that the hot water was pretty decent as well as the free wi-fi internet. It's a 10-15 walk to center Prague, located in the "ghetto" as mentioned in the other reviews. I found the hotel staff friendly, but not the best at service. They forgot to give me a card key to the door and after 5pm the reception leaves for the night. To my surprise I could not enter the hotel and I had to walk to Hotel Seferit to get a key. Yet, the guy at Seferit told me to go back and use the call box and he would buzz me in. I did, was able to get in. But all of this wasn't fun when you've been drinking from a night out in the town. But, I wasn't really there to enjoy the hotel, it was just me and I'm not that picky as long as there is a bed, bathroom & wifi to stay in touch with the family. To all of you who would like a great experience in Prague I would suggest to pay the extra money and stay in the Old Town Center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Westminster, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Although there is a bit of a walk into Prague 1 I like this hotel as it very welcoming and friendly. The are can seem a bit intimidating as it is dark however there is a police station next to the hotel (although I have had my foot run over by one of their cars) and the area appears to me to be safe as long as you don't look like a naive westerner. The hotel has a free computer to use in the reception area. Rooms are furnished with pictures from soviet Czechoslovakia with many other features in the hotel remaining from soviet times including the lift. Breakfast is free and the safe are very friendly, chatty and well connected with reputable taxis and other services. There are many restaurants, bars and shops in the immediate area.

Room Tip: this hotel gets used a lot for school trips. Try not to get a room next to a group of teenage girls
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

6 of us Rugby Muvva's went to Prague in March 2012. It was quite basic accomodation on arrival, but we had the Best time, Breakfast was alway good, staff were friendly and you could come in late from the Cocktail Bar next door. Beds were extremely comfortable too. Bathrooms were all New and very clean throughout.
Would Stay there again. x
Staff rang for taxi's etc for us whenever we needed them. x

Room Tip: Stay in the Back of the hotel away from the road, it may be quieter for the light sleepers.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Nizwa, Oman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Not situated in a good nieghbourhood. Gets dark and shady in the night. We were shocked the unfriendly and unprofessional staff. The sheets and towels were filthy...

Would not reccomend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in November 2011 for my 40th. Arrived at hotel about 9,30pm had to wait 5mins for receptionist to finish telephone call before we were checked in, he didn't even acknowledge us whilst we were waiting for him to finish his call. To say the room was basic would be an under statement, I've stayed in better YMCA's. The room was extremely dusty with a thick white layer on every surface. On the plus side the room was of a reasonable size, warm and had plenty of hot water. Breakfast was interesting, usual continental affair with the addition of some interesting dishes such as mixed frozen vegetables!
The hotel is a good 5/10 min tram ride from the city centre, although the trams do run about every 5 mins from the top of the road. Prague centre is beautiful especially the old town, make sure you visit the cathedral and the palace well worth the long walk. It would have been nice to return to the hotel during the day for a rest or to change, however due to its location it was not worth the effort. Would I visit Prague again, without a shadow of a doubt. Would I stay at the Bily Lev again, what do you think? Visit Prague its beautiful, but do yourself a favour stay at one of the nice hotels in the old town such as the Hotel Savic.

• Stayed November 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

when we arrived there, we were told that the hotel was full, we told to this person that we had already paid for the room and the guy insisted on saying that they didn’t have space in the hotel. He was very rude, told us that it wasn’t his fault and that we should move to another hotel. We accepted and went to the other hotel just to check that it wasn’t worse than Bili Lev. When we got back to Bili Lev to pick up the rest of our luggage (in a taxi that we had to pay) the guy told us that now we had to stay there (I don’t know how magically a room was available now) and after a long argue we had to go back to the other hotel to pick up our things, paying another taxi.
The guy (Radek Blahout) was absolutely bad-mannered and insolent and made us waste hours with this.
I would never recommend this hotel

Room Tip: just don't go to this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bily Lev? Share your experiences!