“Superior attention to detail” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Duo to your Saves list
Hotel Duo
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Teplicka 492, Prague 190 00, Czech Republic (Praha 9)   |
Ranked #251 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“Superior attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Superior customer service and attention to detail. The restaurant staff was very professional and went out of their way to accommodate our requests even as they faced a very busy guest schedule. The room was clean and comfortable and the price was very competitive. I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for work two nights. We also had our meetings here.

The hotel was very nice inside, and is literally across the street from the metro station. To get to the hotel from the airport I bought a transit pass from the kiosk in the arrivals area and hopped on the 119 bus until it stopped at the metro terminal (it's the end of the line and there was an English announcement), and then onto the metro. They sell passes in time increments: 1 hour, 1.5 hour, 1 day, 3 day and so on. A one day pass cost me 110 Czech Crowns, which is about $5.50 Canadian.

The concierge can sell you transit tickets (they work n the Metro and the bus). Taking the metro to the old town is very quick.

I had a "superior" room, which was very modern and well appointed. I have no idea what the other type of room is like.

There was a pool and gym area but I didn't get a chance to try it. There seemed to be an extra charge to use it.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and got along in English very well, which is good, because I wasn't there long enough to learn even as much as "hello".

I ate at the restaurant for breakfast one day (included in the room price) and it was excellent! There was a great variety of stuff and anyone could have a nice breakfast out of it (I will admit the scrambled eggs were that watery kind you often get in hotels - not great). I also had lunch and supper there one time each. The food was well prepared and quite tasty. If you haven't been to the Czech republic before be warned: it's a very meat, potatoes, and bread kind of place if you order the "traditional Czech" food. It's good, but you better not be vegetarian.

The bed was very comfortable and I had a good sleep.

I had to leave very early to catch my flight out (3:30 AM). The concierge advised me to order a taxi the night before, which they did for me, and it was waiting for me right on time in the morning. It took about 35 minutes to get back to the airport from the hotel. The taxi cost about $35 Canadian, including tip.

I'd stay here any time, and I hope to make it back to Prague sometime as a tourist and enjoy the city. I should also say that it seemed very inexpensive in Prague; everything from food to transportation seemed a lot less expensive than I expected.

Room Tip: Better ask for a superior room.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Duo for three days and nights with colleagues and it was quite possibly the worst experience I have encountered in the hospititality business; I should've been warned when a local taxi driver called it Hotel Doom!

Firstly three out of our five rooms were wrong and we had to spend a significant amount of time negotiating our original booking, some still ended up with twin beds! Mine did have a double, but with two single duvets!

Then the bathroom, well shower room: it was impossible to have a decent shower as the shower head didn't fit in the wall clamp, so it had one position which directed the water completely horizontal, a foot above my head! There were also frequent times of brown water, if any water came out at all.

The 'mini bar' was an empty fridge with the staff exclaiming "that it wasn't replenished regularly", regularly? How about at all?

The tea and coffee provided was a one time thing, also never replenished.

One colleague, and several other guests, kept getting locked out of their rooms.

The 'hotel' swimming pool was unavailable for the majority of my stay, it appears that it is a community pool rather than a hotel exclusive.

Finally the staff; hospitality really is not a forte in Hotel Duo, everything seemed to be hard work, from asking for an iron (don't expect one) to ordering a taxi.

The only positive was that it was a short walk to the metro.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel,although away from the town centre is easily accessible due to the excellent metro ,which stops across the road from where the Duo is situated. The staff give excellent service where nothing is too much trouble. It has Two restaurants a bar and a separate gym and pool . also there's a physiotherapist who for a reasonable charge gives an excellent sports massage.( I gained relief from a troubling shoulder ) The hotel rooms are very clean with regular towel changes bathrooms have bath and shower kept spotless . Breakfast is buffet style with everything from fresh fruit juice to full English . all in all this hotel ticks all the boxes .I have stayed here several times(usually in June) I highly recommend it to friends
Buy a weekly ticket which allows unlimited travel on metro and busses !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The hotel is modern in style and the staff are very friendly and very helpfull. My stay was very pleasant and I would recommend anyone visiting Prague to stay in this hotel. Although, I did find the restaurant serving staff to have too few personnel during the lunch and dinner times. I would not recommend the ravioli or the spare-ribs from the menu as the ravioli portion consisted of only three pieces for the complete dinner. The spare-ribs were extremely fatty and very little meat. As for the hotel wifi, only in the lobby. Room had a very inconsistent un-usable signal. However, as I have said before, I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 530 was very nice.
Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My stay at the hotel was an awesome experience. We had a spacious room with a king bed, TV, minibar, internet, beautiful view everything necessary to be my stay pleasant.
Recommended default hotel every guest of Prague.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Jan Hotels P, Manager on Duty at Hotel Duo, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you very much for your kind words.

We are happy that the hotel met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay.

Please do not hesitate to come back in the future!

Kind regards,

Jana Šnajdrová
Manager on Duty

Janhotels.cz
Kiryat Tivon, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Excellent staff, excellent breakfast excellent location
But I would not define the approximately 4-star hotel.Room was basic but clean and serviced daily. I am vegetarian. The Breakfasts were awesome and filled me for the day.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you very much for your positive review.

We are very happy that you felt good at our hotel and that the service provided met your expectations.
Next time you stay with us, I would suggest that you try booking one of our newly renovated Superior rooms. I am persuaded that you would like the hotel even more afterwards.

We hope to have you back very soon!

Kindest regards,

Jana Šnajdrová
Manager on Duty

Janhotels.cz

Been to Hotel Duo? Share your experiences!