“Excellent Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Botel Albatros

You added Botel Albatros to your Saves list
Botel Albatros
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nabrezi Ludvika Svobody, Prague 11000, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #390 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed in the Botel early July and thought it excellent value for money and in a very good spot on the river. We were lucky and had river facing rooms, so if you have the option, ask for this, otherwise you face the road. Although some have said in the past that the staff are sullen, this is not so, if you make the effort to be pleasant to them they will respond in kind. There is a lovely little restaurant/bar just a few minutes walk away, with good food and drinks at very good prices (Cafe u Filu) for which I will provide a seperate review. You can take the long walk around the river to the Charles Bridge or cut up the main drag close to the Botel and be in the centre within 10 minutes. The Botel has a great roof-top terrace to drink or eat in. Some in the past have bemoaned the breakfasts, but for the money it is very good - I just do not know what people expect for their money. Rooms are small, but you are on a boat!!!! We went Monday to Friday to avoid the stag parties!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for a river view on the higher floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
herzliya israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Good things come in small packages. Though the rooms are very small, the location and price can't be beat. The staff was very helpful. everything was immaculate and if the size doesn't bother you, it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just returned from Prague stayed on the Botel Albatross for 4 nights 5 days,
The Botel was very clean the rooms small but we were not in them long as out all day and every evening. We ordered a taxi to pick us up from the airport which did not show up so after an hour of waiting caught a taxi, when we told the re receptionist she said oh it turned up yesterday, that was no good to us. Breakfast on the Boat is ok if you like ham and cheese.

The main problem for us that would stop us going near this Botel in future was the money that went missing from the room, not only did they take £350 but also €180 left over from my holiday to aruba which was in my purse in my handbag that was inside the suitcase, when I emailed the Botel to inform them when I got back from Prague he next day I was told that there staff had been with them for a long time and wouldn't do that, hello I suggest you check your staff again as it clearly went missing on the last night.

There re plenty of lovely looking Botels along the river stay clear of this one, It was my husbands 50th birthday and really put a dampner on the holiday which was a shame as Prague is lovely and I definately will be visiting again but not on the Botel Albatross

Room Tip: Even numbers have views over river odd numbers face front with heavy traffic from main road
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Staff were friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast, plenty of good options. Very clean and on one day we had a nice suprise on return to our room, as the maids had oragamied our towels into swans, which we thought was a nice quirky touch. My partner and I enjoyed the rustic feel and grand vintage fashion interior, reading some reviews I think some people expect the recreation of the titanic. It's nice to be able to stay somewhere distinctive for a change rather than a chain hotel. Good location main square and train station within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lancashire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I first stayed on this Botel about a year ago and for the price i paid it was well worth the money and i had an enjoyable 6 night stay there , however after a recent stay in July 2013 Id not book again . The Botel itself for the price they charge is quite reasonable , basic clean accomodation , maid service and towels changed daily ..the rooms themselves are a bit dated and breakfast is very basic but similar for a hotel in that price range In Prague , staff in the main polite and pleasant although finding anyone who spoke any english to an understandable level was difficult . I found that out when trying to complain , the problem being that during most of my stay the Botel had been rented out to Wedding parties ( If i wanted to spend a few days with rowdy drunken people who wished to party until gone 3am I could have stayed closer to home and saved the expense of what i thought would be a relaxing holiday ) ...not that i could spend time with them as all the facilities id booked this Botel for were actually out of bounds to me , the Restaurant , Bar and Boat deck were for the exclusive use of those who had privately booked the boat to party all day and nite , drunks staggering round at 9/10pm onwards till gone 3am is hardly akin to a pleasant stay anywhere . that was fri and saturday ..sunday the boat was taken over for a pensioners dance group for most of the afternoon and evening , monday was the only quiet day ..then on tuesday a coach party of children turned up and stayed 2 nights ..i will leave that to your imagination ! . Id defo not reccomend this Botel unless you need a cheap base just somewhere to sleep ( and you dont wish to have any facilities other than your room and breakfast ) and you also will be out partying till gone 3am so the private parties dont keep you awake ..if however you wish to relax and chill , go elsewhere ! .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed for only one night in December and it felt like being back in deep communism. I know as a Botel it should be quirky and unique but this place is just run down. Could smell the cigarette smoke, even thought we are both non smokers. Probably from different room. Room was dirty. Breakfast - again like being 40 years in past. On check out - no one even asked how was our stay. I wonder why. I am Czech and I was really disappointed and I think this place is overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed December 2012
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The botel is well located. My room was small, but since I was alone I didn't mind, it was clean. The bed was comfy. The shower was way too small! Included breakfast was okay. The food at the restaurant is overpriced. The swans came at my window a coupe of times, it was charming :) I stayed for 10 nights, I would go again. It's not expensive at all, so it's perfect for the price!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Botel Albatros? Share your experiences!