“Not 4*, maximum 3” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Barcelo Praha

You added Barcelo Praha to your Saves list
Barcelo Praha
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Na Strzi 32/1560, Prague 14000, Czech Republic (Praha 4)   |
Special Offer
Up to 25% discount
Ranked #278 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Tallinn, Estonia
“Not 4*, maximum 3”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I´ve stayed in this hotel for two weeks. I guess my review is not too bad only because I´ve stayed in a business room, which is quite specious. the location is veyr suitable for me. Breakfast was just about alright (if you manage to come around 9 am, because after that time the girls didn´t really refresh the food or bring out anymore), though I was very surprised, that they didn´t have a toaster.
I did feel a bit uncomfortable with the fact, that cleaning lady entered my room whole I was in bed, even though I had a Do no disturb sign on the door.
There were two unpleasant moments was with the reception:
1. I-ve asked for a taxi to the city center. the listed price was 350 krones and the reception was supposed to put this sum on my final bill. When we arrived to the place, the driver said that it costs 400 and I have to pay it in cash (very lucky I had some).
2. I´ve asked if the reception could post some letters for me and how much it would cost. First number was 20 krones. Then on the next day it was 23. though I ended up paying for 6 postcards 160 krones. the information was given from the different members of staff and I guess everyone acts according to his/her own pricelist.

I asked for the late check out, as it is one of the options for rooms of business type, though I was told that hotel is absolutely fully booked and they will have several big groups arriving on that day. okay,I´ve checked out and due to the very bad weather was waiting at the lobby bar for couple of hours- not a single one group arrived. That just left an unpleasant feeling, that eve though I´ve stayed for two weeks not in the cheapest room of that hotel, I´ve been told a lie...

Though I should say, that one of the receptionists- girl name Magda- was exceptionally good and polite. Basically because of her I´ve marked service with "very good"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel is in really good location, only 300m from metro station that takes you to Old City in less than 15 mins. Our check-in was really fast and smooth. Receptionist gave us also direction to main city attractions with city plan attached.
Room wasn't very spacious, but absolutely enough if you don't spend there whole day (and who would? :)). King size bed was definitely main attraction. I also liked variety of toiletries. Room was cleaned every day with special attention to bathroom (also floor) what is important to me.
Breakfast was very disappointing. Poor variety of unfresh breads, low quality products and lack of fruits and vegetables. Cold-cuts were tasteless. Warm food was not very representative, sausages were wrapped and boiled in plastic and scrambled eggs were swimming in the water/milk. I heard untasty food is normal in all Czech hotels so maybe I'm too picky. It was definitely the weakest link in the whole stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Elazig
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at 2011 in this hotel. I was waiting more quality hotel, But I didn't. Entrance and lobby bar was boring and ordinary. Rooms werenot so quality. I could stay more quality hotel with same money !!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

As part of a 3day package which includes hotel accommodation and tickets to the highly successful concert of my favorite Tenor, Andrea Bocelli held last night at O2 Arena, it was our first time to stay at Barcelo Praha Hotel which is located approx. 6km. away from the city center, a short 8-10min. drive. We have been to many hotels in Prag and this hotel I shall say is competitive in its standard and service. The staff were friendly and ready to provide a prompt service, the room and the entire hotel itself is spotlessly clean, the breakfast was hearty with abundant choices of freshly baked (warm!) bread & rolls, assortment of cheeses, hams and other cold cuts, the usual hot entrees, good coffee, etc. The hotel provides free open space parking while garage parking at €14/day which is quite cheap compare to what other 4* or 5* hotels in Prague usual charge, nothing less than €25/day! There's a free internet corner while Wi-Fi is provided everywhere in the hotel. Limousine service to or from the airport is also offered at an affordable price of €28 while to or from the city center at a mere €15! There's also a Metro station nearby (3-5min. walk) and it takes you straight to the main tourist area of the city. The only downside is that the hotel does not have the usual indoor pool, spa & fitness gym which is common in Prague's high class hotels like Corinthia, Panorama, Hilton (to name a few) where we've previously stayed. Nevertheless, we were very satisfied and might even consider coming back again...

Room Tip: We stayed in 1117 and it provides a nice view of the city. Also, when having breakfast, take it at t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and myself first stayed in this hotel December 2012 for 3 nights while visiting our son who lives nearby. We thought it was good value. We have just arrived back from our latest 3 day visit and were very disappointed. The hotel has gone down hill, the staff in the restaurant look very unhappy, they are lazy and guests were having to ask for spoons and napkins. The breakfast itself was not up to a good standard, eggs were cold no bacon a very small choice of cakes, tinned fruit not fresh as before, and tea coffee machines not working as they should.

The girls who service the rooms done a poor job as well, the first morning the tea and coffee was not re-filled and extra toilet paper was not left. The next day every thing was done right except instead of leaving the two clean cups which was there when we went out for the day, they took one away and left us with one. This was soon corrected though.

Having said this, the hotel is clean and in a good location, with a good transport system on hand.
They do seem to cater for a lot of coach parties too, maybe this is why the standards have dropped.

Not sure we will return as there other nice looking hotels nearby.

Room Tip: Some rooms are larger than others but they all seem to be the same standard.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Slovakia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've a week at Barcelo during a business trip. The hotel personnel was helpful and kind,there's a possibility to park your car for free and enjoy a view of the city if you get a room on one of the higher floors. The tube station is 10min walking, the same distance as a shopping centre, with some restaurants and other facilities.

The room's space and decoration was sufficient, nothing posh but everything in working condition. I'd prefer a harder mattress, but that's up to personal preference. A flatscreen TV was also available, although I've found the choice of TV channels somewhat limited (20 local and international, but nothing interesting).The bathroom was ok, only the towels were a bit rough. An annoying issue was that the sounds of closing doors on other rooms was either unexpectedly loud, or the walls were too thin:)

If two people lived in the room, it could get a bit crowded, but for single business trips that was of no issue.

Last but not least, the breakfast on the 1st floor (I've heard there's another one on ground floor, but didn't check it, as this one was supposed to be better). It had all the standard breakfast items, but I'd give it 3/5. For the price, I'd expect a better variety as well as quality of the food.

The hotel seems to be a welcome visit for tourists as well as families. Met a decent amount of business people as well, but if you look for a quiet breakfast where you sip your coffee, I'd choose another place.

All in all, if you get a fair price for the stay, why not, but there are surely better in this class.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Actually I decided to book that hotel after I read a lot of positive reviews. However I have to say I was quite disappointed during my stay there. It might be very unlucky that the metro line nearby was just under construction and not available during the 4 days when I lived in that hotel, however I still think that hotel has the responsibility to inform the guests in advance. Even it lowered the price a little bit but the guests should have the right to know and decide before the arrival. Moreover the breakfast was really so so. There was some bread and meat, but no fresh fruits and very very few fresh vegetables. Also there was no egg cooking onsite, which normally could be expected from a 4 star hotel. Once we also had dinner there and only buffee was available, with high price but low quality. All in all I will not take that hotel again if I am in Prague next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family