I´ve stayed in this hotel for two weeks. I guess my review is not too bad only because I´ve stayed in a business room, which is quite specious. the location is veyr suitable for me. Breakfast was just about alright (if you manage to come around 9 am, because after that time the girls didn´t really refresh the food or bring out anymore), though I was very surprised, that they didn´t have a toaster.
I did feel a bit uncomfortable with the fact, that cleaning lady entered my room whole I was in bed, even though I had a Do no disturb sign on the door.
There were two unpleasant moments was with the reception:
1. I-ve asked for a taxi to the city center. the listed price was 350 krones and the reception was supposed to put this sum on my final bill. When we arrived to the place, the driver said that it costs 400 and I have to pay it in cash (very lucky I had some).
2. I´ve asked if the reception could post some letters for me and how much it would cost. First number was 20 krones. Then on the next day it was 23. though I ended up paying for 6 postcards 160 krones. the information was given from the different members of staff and I guess everyone acts according to his/her own pricelist.
I asked for the late check out, as it is one of the options for rooms of business type, though I was told that hotel is absolutely fully booked and they will have several big groups arriving on that day. okay,I´ve checked out and due to the very bad weather was waiting at the lobby bar for couple of hours- not a single one group arrived. That just left an unpleasant feeling, that eve though I´ve stayed for two weeks not in the cheapest room of that hotel, I´ve been told a lie...
Though I should say, that one of the receptionists- girl name Magda- was exceptionally good and polite. Basically because of her I´ve marked service with "very good"
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern 16-story Hotel located 4 km from main train station & 10 minutes from historic district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Barcelo Praha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Praha Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Prague
- Barcelo Hotel Praha