“A hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Truhlarska 10, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #129 of 661 Hotels in Prague
“A hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed in Prague on a number of occasions and always with the big chain hotels. I took a chance on the Salvator and was very pleased I did!

Firstly, the location is excellent. Right in the centre of the city with the Old Square 5 minutes walk away and the main shopping areas 200 metres around the corner. Having said that, the hotel is situated in a quiet, one way street with little or no noise at all. The substantial double windows would keep it out even if there was.

The price is remarkable, upgrade to a superior double and get a big room with luxurious furniture, a big bathroom and large flat screen tv for 75euros....including a very good breakfast and free wifi. Half the price of a much more basic room in the local big chain hotels. Clean and modern.

Receptionists are professional and friendly with excellent English. Restaurant is good with a Mexican flavour. I had a quick steak late one night and it was delicious and pretty cheap. As mentioned, the breakfast has a good selection of cereals, breads, ham & cheeses, some cooked for the English and lots of coffees and teas. Nice touch is that you can fill up your plate and then choose to sit in the breakfast area or to wander around the many little restaurant alcoves to find some privacy (especially useful to avoid the English woman with the piercing voice and terrible cackle who seemed to be everywhere during my last visit!)

Overall, I can't fault the Salvator and the value for money is truly outstanding.

Room Tip: Rooms 41 and 42 are behind a separate lobby door for added security. Great size and really comfortab...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HotelSalvator, Director of Sales at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for giving us a priority over a big chain hotels and so we had a chance to convince you of the high quality of our small family hotel. Also thank you for your time to write such a wonderful review with so many positive aspects of Hotel Salvator. It is always a pleasure to hear how happy are our guests when they stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Sincerely yours,
Hotel Salvator*** and Salvator Superior Apartments****

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in Prague. The Hotel Salvator is an amazing place to stay. Everything really is within walking distance. Hotel is also off a little side street so is very quiet. Room was amazing as were the staff. This has to be the best value for money hotel. Breakfast has something for everyone. We also dined in the Hotel restaurant, food was divine and very reasonable. Overall an amazing quaint hotel, with atmosphere in abundance. If I ever return to Prague I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lisa,
I am truly thankful for such a wonderful feedback. We are extremely pleased you´ve praised us as an amazing gaint hotel, with atmosphere in abundance and that you wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else if you ever return to Prague. This is a real compliment and I thank you for that.
Hope to see you soon in Prague.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

we stayed for about 5 days.we really enjoyed our stay the rooms are spacious and clean.they changed sheets and towels everyday.the staff are helpful and accommodating.the premise near to palladium shopping mall,restaurants and every attraction sites are walkable from the hotel.definitely recommend this hotel.its such a memorable experienced.definitely come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelSalvator, Director of Sales at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear guest,
I thank you for recommending Hotel Salvator to TripAdviser surfers. I am pleased to hear that you have had a memorable experience at Hotel Salvator and that you will keep coming over to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

5 minutes walk away from Old Town Tower, nearby metro, mall, shops, restaurants - excellent location
Large, very clear rooms, comfortable beds, additional sofa, hot water, coffee, tea, city map - exellent welcome
Car transfer from hotel to airport - excellent added value
Breakfast buffet with great variety - excellent day start
Low prices in low season - excellent business
Free wi-fi - excellent solution
Fully and totally recommended, it's more than a 3 stars hotel, it's a great choice and one of the best hotels I've stayed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HotelSalvator, Director of Sales at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear guest,
we could not be happier after reading your praises regarding our high standards of service. We truly love to look after our guests and our aim is to exceed their expectations. Thank you for recommending the hotel and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards from Prague,
sales manager
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was a guest there from 13th Jan - 18th January 2013. This place is amazing. Its situated in the old town, just a few minutes walk from the old town square, around the corner from a metro station and the city's largest shopping center (if you're into malls and stuff). Its not so much the hotel itself that has me excited, its the combination of the hotel, its restaurant, its jazz bar and its recreation room. The rooms are large and warm, the beds are so comfortable and the duvets so warm and heavy in the morning, that i had trouble getting out of bed. My suggestion is get the inclusive breakfast!! The breakfast buffet is fantastic... includes freshly baked mini croissants, cakes, different types of bread rolls, pancakes, eggs, ham, bacon (real bacon) smoked cheese, salads, fruit, cereals, etc. The hotels restaurant is a very special place. They put a lot of work in the design of the place and in the creation of the menu. Not so much Czech cuisine, but Spanish with elements of other countries. The food is just orgasmically tasty, we spent almost every night there in a fit to try everything on the menu. I highly recommend anything from their grilled menu (yes i had it all).
There is a jazz bar in the cellar of the hotel, its cool, not my thing but it has a nice ambience and its relaxing. The staff is friendly and they all speak fluent English.
The only thing i would mention as a downer is the slow and sometimes low signal on the internet in the rooms. Besides that, its brilliant!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelSalvator, Director of Sales at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind review providing a wide description of our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us in every aspect. We will be pleased if you will visit us again in the future.
sales manager
Johannesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I reviewed the hotel beforehand and the amenities, however, when we got there they moved us to another building two blocks away, which had no WiFi. Having to walk two block in the morning to read e-mails or have breakfast is not what I signed up for. The new building is on a busy noisy street too. I cannot recommend this hotel. Very poor and I am a very dissatisfied customer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelSalvator, General Manager at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest ,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding our hotel.
Always it is easier respond to a positive review than to negative. First of all I would like to apologize for inconvenience caused by moving your reservation to our new property Salvator Superior Apartments **** two blocks away from Hotel Salvator.
20th of December we opened our new property after 3 years massive reconstruction. Often putting to operation new hotel brings things for the improvement,especially services and organization.
Misleading presentation at internet portals to sell the rooms for the end of the year and lack of Wi-Fi due to delay of our intenet provider was painfull for our clients and for us also.
All that has been changed now. Salvator Superior Apartments **** has own presentation at all major accommodation portals,Wi-Fi well cover whole place and is free of charge for our guests. No doubts brand new apartments designed with wooden floors,italian furniture,quality beds,ultramodern bathrooms features upgrade of former standard of accommodation. Together with unbeatable central location it is essential for having a pleasant stay in Prague.
I have to agree we should organize things different way to avoid this situation. Please accept my apologies. I do hope that you you’ll be coming to Prague soon . Don’t hesitate contact me directly to recieve offer for one night stay free of charge in our hotels as a compensation.
Kind regards from Prague,
Dominik Gerza
general manager
Hotel Salvator *** and Salvator Superior Apartments ****
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel really is a hidden gem. I've stayed here several times and the location is excellent - so close to the Metro and trams, making the entire city easily accessible. The entire hotel has character and the rooms are clean and spacious. There is plenty of choice at breakfast, though the more western style food can be a bit ropey. European food, however, is very good quality. The big secret is the main restaurant, La Boca. It has incredible character, and the food is absolutely delicious, and extremely reasonably priced. If you don't dine here, you will certainly miss out.

I would have given a five star rating without doubt, and the one star lost was only last because of errors and bad customer service. Having stayed at the hotel previously, I contacted them directly to agree a favourable rate. They are certainly willing to negotiate. I booked a double room for one person, breakfast, and return transfer from the airport. The agreed was actually excellent. On arrival however the driver didn't turn up, and when I called the hotel they did say he was on his way, but arrived 30 minutes late. Whilst at the hotel I overheard an incoming call from another guest having a similar problem. At check-in I was told that breakfast wasn't included, and when I stood my ground and produced emails, they sheepishly agreed, stating that there policy had changed from 1 January. When I confirmed my return transfer, I received a call later in the day advising me that I was only entitled to a transfer in and not back out. This was ludicrous, however they would not back down. In the end they gave me the return shuttle at half price. Whilst these niggles were very disappointing, I would still use this hotel again, but would suggest that anyone negotiating gets it in writing absolutely to the letter.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms have a bathtub, so if you want this please be specific.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest ,
thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. It‘s great to have customers which appreciate our job. It was hard work to built up restaurant La Boca on the ground floor of the hotel and I’m very glad you mentioned the restaurant in your review.
It’s neverending work to keep good level of the services offered by restaurant and hotel.
As written in the book of Murphy’s Law – When the things are going well,certainly you overlooked something.
I´m very sorry for the confusion regarding free transfer. Special offer includes only one free transfer and special package ( available from 2 people ) includes two free transfers.
December 2012 we opened new property Salvator Superior Apartments****, we created new web pages with special offers and special packages to attract tourist coming to Prague.
The Free Transfer Offer brings many clients to our pages and we don‘t want to disappoint them. I hope you’ll be back in Prague soon and I can guarantee again one free transfer for your stay.
Kind regards
Dominik Gerza,
general manager
Hotel Salvator *** and Salvator Superior Apartments****

Been to Hotel Salvator? Share your experiences!