“A great experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Salvator

You added Hotel Salvator to your Saves list
Hotel Salvator
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Truhlarska 10, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #125 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I was a guest there from 13th Jan - 18th January 2013. This place is amazing. Its situated in the old town, just a few minutes walk from the old town square, around the corner from a metro station and the city's largest shopping center (if you're into malls and stuff). Its not so much the hotel itself that has me excited, its the combination of the hotel, its restaurant, its jazz bar and its recreation room. The rooms are large and warm, the beds are so comfortable and the duvets so warm and heavy in the morning, that i had trouble getting out of bed. My suggestion is get the inclusive breakfast!! The breakfast buffet is fantastic... includes freshly baked mini croissants, cakes, different types of bread rolls, pancakes, eggs, ham, bacon (real bacon) smoked cheese, salads, fruit, cereals, etc. The hotels restaurant is a very special place. They put a lot of work in the design of the place and in the creation of the menu. Not so much Czech cuisine, but Spanish with elements of other countries. The food is just orgasmically tasty, we spent almost every night there in a fit to try everything on the menu. I highly recommend anything from their grilled menu (yes i had it all).
There is a jazz bar in the cellar of the hotel, its cool, not my thing but it has a nice ambience and its relaxing. The staff is friendly and they all speak fluent English.
The only thing i would mention as a downer is the slow and sometimes low signal on the internet in the rooms. Besides that, its brilliant!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelSalvator, Director of Sales at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind review providing a wide description of our hotel. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us in every aspect. We will be pleased if you will visit us again in the future.
Kind regards,
Stana Dobra
sales manager
Hotel Salvator*** and Salvator Superior Apartments****

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I reviewed the hotel beforehand and the amenities, however, when we got there they moved us to another building two blocks away, which had no WiFi. Having to walk two block in the morning to read e-mails or have breakfast is not what I signed up for. The new building is on a busy noisy street too. I cannot recommend this hotel. Very poor and I am a very dissatisfied customer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelSalvator, General Manager at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest ,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding our hotel.
Always it is easier respond to a positive review than to negative. First of all I would like to apologize for inconvenience caused by moving your reservation to our new property Salvator Superior Apartments **** two blocks away from Hotel Salvator.
20th of December we opened our new property after 3 years massive reconstruction. Often putting to operation new hotel brings things for the improvement,especially services and organization.
Misleading presentation at internet portals to sell the rooms for the end of the year and lack of Wi-Fi due to delay of our intenet provider was painfull for our clients and for us also.
All that has been changed now. Salvator Superior Apartments **** has own presentation at all major accommodation portals,Wi-Fi well cover whole place and is free of charge for our guests. No doubts brand new apartments designed with wooden floors,italian furniture,quality beds,ultramodern bathrooms features upgrade of former standard of accommodation. Together with unbeatable central location it is essential for having a pleasant stay in Prague.
I have to agree we should organize things different way to avoid this situation. Please accept my apologies. I do hope that you you’ll be coming to Prague soon . Don’t hesitate contact me directly to recieve offer for one night stay free of charge in our hotels as a compensation.
Kind regards from Prague,
Dominik Gerza
general manager
Hotel Salvator *** and Salvator Superior Apartments ****
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel really is a hidden gem. I've stayed here several times and the location is excellent - so close to the Metro and trams, making the entire city easily accessible. The entire hotel has character and the rooms are clean and spacious. There is plenty of choice at breakfast, though the more western style food can be a bit ropey. European food, however, is very good quality. The big secret is the main restaurant, La Boca. It has incredible character, and the food is absolutely delicious, and extremely reasonably priced. If you don't dine here, you will certainly miss out.

I would have given a five star rating without doubt, and the one star lost was only last because of errors and bad customer service. Having stayed at the hotel previously, I contacted them directly to agree a favourable rate. They are certainly willing to negotiate. I booked a double room for one person, breakfast, and return transfer from the airport. The agreed was actually excellent. On arrival however the driver didn't turn up, and when I called the hotel they did say he was on his way, but arrived 30 minutes late. Whilst at the hotel I overheard an incoming call from another guest having a similar problem. At check-in I was told that breakfast wasn't included, and when I stood my ground and produced emails, they sheepishly agreed, stating that there policy had changed from 1 January. When I confirmed my return transfer, I received a call later in the day advising me that I was only entitled to a transfer in and not back out. This was ludicrous, however they would not back down. In the end they gave me the return shuttle at half price. Whilst these niggles were very disappointing, I would still use this hotel again, but would suggest that anyone negotiating gets it in writing absolutely to the letter.

Room Tip: Only certain rooms have a bathtub, so if you want this please be specific.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest ,
thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. It‘s great to have customers which appreciate our job. It was hard work to built up restaurant La Boca on the ground floor of the hotel and I’m very glad you mentioned the restaurant in your review.
It’s neverending work to keep good level of the services offered by restaurant and hotel.
As written in the book of Murphy’s Law – When the things are going well,certainly you overlooked something.
I´m very sorry for the confusion regarding free transfer. Special offer includes only one free transfer and special package ( available from 2 people ) includes two free transfers.
December 2012 we opened new property Salvator Superior Apartments****, we created new web pages with special offers and special packages to attract tourist coming to Prague.
The Free Transfer Offer brings many clients to our pages and we don‘t want to disappoint them. I hope you’ll be back in Prague soon and I can guarantee again one free transfer for your stay.
Kind regards
Dominik Gerza,
general manager
Hotel Salvator *** and Salvator Superior Apartments****
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had the pleasure of being a guest here December 14-17, 2012. The hotel has character & is within great or at least decent walking distance of all the city highlights (the metro is also very close). We had a standard room & it was very warm & large, with lots of natural light. The cleaning staff was very efficient & the rest of the hotel staff courteous. Good breakfast in the lovely restaurant. A nice atmosphere all around & well worth the cost.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelSalvator, Director of Sales at Hotel Salvator, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear RebyB,
I would like to thank you for such a nice review ! It is very important for us to know our guests are feeling nice atmosphere all around.
Hope you will visit us again.
Have a nice day.
Sincerely yours,
Stana Dobra
sales manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My 2 brothers and I stayed here for a couple of nights in November, we stayed in a quad room which was larger than we were expecting based on some other accommodations during our trip. Price was very reasonable, location was an easy walking distance to attractions, free wifi, breakfast was included and we ate in the restaurant one night which was also very nice. Staff were very helpful and they also have a tourist office located on site.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
south west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed here for two nights just before Christmas, the hotel is cosy, quirky and its location cannot be faulted. Our room was perfect, the bed was amazingly comfortable, bathroom of good standard. Breakfast was lovely, we loved the cosy feel of the restaurant in which we ate one evening also, the food was fantastic, and the portions are huge! If you like a non corporate feel to a hotel then this is for you, it is utterly charming. We will be returning and have recommended to our friends and family too. Wonderful :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

It was bitterly cold when we visited in Febuary 2012 Minus 10 degrees but the hotel & bedroom were always warm .The decor was a bit dull & depressing in the bedroom but perhaps the normal for Prague? I don't know. Breakfast was good & also based at the hotel was atourist information office which was great for booking tours etc.Prague is the most beautiful city & this hotel ideally situated near the city centre & many places within walking distance . Unfortunately the builders were in when we were there soit was very noisy day times not doubt this is all finished now .

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple