“disgusting no hot water to wash . dirty old shower hose breakfast uneatable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Evropa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prague
Hotel Evropa
You added Hotel Evropa to your Saves list
Vaclavske namesti, 25, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Ranked #507 of 662 Hotels in Prague
A TripAdvisor Member
“disgusting no hot water to wash . dirty old shower hose breakfast uneatable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2006

this hotyel is a disgrace to your country . It needs a complete re decoration to the rooms
it is difficult to walk at night in the corridoors of this hotel due to lack of lighjting
not that i minded this but the street outside at nigtht is full of prostititues they stqand outside the hotel. the whole place is a bloody disgrace and should not be advertised to tourists til they do a complete decoration of the rooms ang give hot water to wash

• Stayed May 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2006

I stayed here with a small group of college students from March 14-17. At check-in, we were required to give our passports to the clerk at the front desk. No explanation was made about why this was necessary other than they require it for all American and British citizens (are we especially dangerous??). They would not accept a driver's license. They were also quite defensive about their request. Later, they told us all they wanted was our full name and birthdate, which would have been available on any driver's license!

Our room was located on the second floor down a long, very dark hallway. The hotel staff is extremely concerned with conserving electricity and keep the hotel very dark (as you can see in the pictures). There are some very fabulous spaces that go unused because they do not turn on the chandeliers to light the spaces (and some of the staff don't even know where to turn them on). This gave me a very uncomfortable feeling the whole time I was there. In addition, you couldn't see any of the architectural details of the space (which is the only reason we stayed there). Because we had three people and we required another bed, our room was quite spacious. We had two (European-style) double beds with table and chairs, and a wardrobe. However, I was disappointed because the interior and the furniture had all been replaced with generic, cheap fixtures. Our group was on an arts and design tour and stayed here to experience the historic spaces. Still, it was functional and fairly clean. The door to the room, however, was not secure and could be pulled open (even when locked). The bathrooms were ok- but there was no shower curtain (which sent water all over the floor).

Overall, the hotel was ok- but disappointing. I would have enjoyed this place more if it I could have actually been able to see its historic architecture. Had I not been traveling in a group, I would have felt more insecure about staying in such a place. I would NOT stay here again.

• Stayed March 2006
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2006

Me and nine of my friends including my mother went of a hen night here last year.

Granted it was not perfect in terms of mod cons but we had the most amazing holiday.

The Art Deco is enchanting and really makes you feel like you have stepped back into a different world.

Our room was huge and we had a balcony, despite the beds looking about 300 years old they were suprisingly comfortable and none of us had a sleepless night ( Well none we hadnt meant to have )

I would def recommend this hotel for hen nights, stag nights and groups of friends.

We met some really cool people whilst staying in this hotel and despite the local reputation of the area felt really quite safe.

We loved this hotel so much and it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed August 2005
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2006

I wish there was a way to give this hotel ZERO stars.
Horrible hotel. Dirty. Filthy. NO amount of history or the character of this place makes up for the prostitutes hanging out right below the window, the drunks every night, the filth in the room, the disgusting bathrooms. Top all that with the horrifying rude angry woman who is at the desk - demanding cash (when no such stipulation was made when the reservation was made) and threatening to call police (becuase clearly she is so used to dealing with deadbeats who stay here, she has to immediately start proceedings)... I asked to see the head of the hotel, in the office upstairs, to no avail. Just as rude. Never, in my travels to over twenty countries, and stays in hundreds of hotels have I seen anything as dreadful as this place. I picked this hotel because of the art deco history, and I thought I could stand a bit of dirt in order to see a place with such rich background and stories. Forget the guide book photos and recommendations. Do yourself a favor. STAY away.

Yes, there is a moment, just a moment, when you can bask in the dirt and "history" of this place... but not for one second would I want another human being to have to stay here - go read a good book on art deco or visit the other sites in Prague that give you an idea of its deco period. If you must, walk in the hotel (you can easily do it) - take a stroll upstairs to see the hotel - have tea in the famed dining room, and then run, run, run as fast and far as you can.

• Stayed June 2005
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2006

One of the most memorable hotels I ever stayed in - the old glory is beautiful and it is Art Deco at its best. Most of it is still in the original state, which is very flattering for the decor, but it includes the facilities as well. The bedroom was huge and had a little balcony overlooking the square - being on the top floor, the noise was not a problem. We had a shared bathroom which was huge and equipped with a massive bathtub. The breakfast is in another beautifully stylish room: Good coffee, but the rest is not worth mentioning.
Altogether, it is a jewel for any nostalgic or romatic person. But stay away if you require minibar, tv and computer facilities.

• Stayed October 2002
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2005

This Hotel is meant to be one of Prague's landmarks - its outside and decor are actually quite nice - the bedrooms though are awful, they haven't been touched since the 1920's and are really falling apart.
Even the location (Wenslelas Square - very seedy) ain't great, you are much better off staying around Old Town Square or Prague Castle.

Stayed August 2005
Wiesbaden, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2005

If don't mind paint peeling from bathroom ceiling, little to no hot water, extremely noisy nights and being ridiculously overcharged, stay at this hotel. The breakfast was awful, they made us pay in advance and the telephone looked like it had been there since Stalin's time. There was no TV or shower, and it was an ugly, ugly place.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Hotel Evropa? Share your experiences!