“Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alchymist Nosticova Palace

You added Alchymist Nosticova Palace to your Saves list
Alchymist Nosticova Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nosticova 1 | Czech Republic (Praha 1), Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Formerly Alchymist Residence Nosticova)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 662 Hotels in Prague
London
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've found my home in Prague!!! Lovely comfortable hotel with nice well appointed rooms and the most professional, charming and fantastic staff I have ever encountered. Amazing welcome and we were treated so well during the whole stay that it was so sad to leave!
Huge thank to Zuzana, Daša, Martin, Karel and Lucie the best hotel manager in the whole world.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Javier,

On behalf of all the team of Alchymist Nosticova Palace I would like to thank you for taking time and posting such a great comments on Tripadvisor! All the team miss you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back as our dear guest in a near future! For a further booking I remain at your full disposal.

Lucie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Greek first
Airlie Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

"This is what six star sheer joy is. From the moment their driver picked us up from the station we were treated like Royalty. We have travelled all over the globe and if only we could pack this hotel and staff into our suitcases we would never stay anywhere else. Room magnificent, spotless, cosy mattress, hot long showers, great great great attention to detail, breakfast fit for a king and queen. Went to hairdresser ran out of currency, phoned hotel Viola like magic they sent around a staff member with the cash I needed. I heard Prague was like fairy land, but this hotel has turned this Cinderella into a Princess. Cannot stop smiling here THANK YOU for making our Christmas trip to Prague the most magical time of our lives. Stay anywhere else at your Peril."read less

Room Tip: Get a junior suite beautiful
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you so much for taking time and posting such a fantastic review on Tripadvisor! I was absolutely delighted to hear that you found your room so comfortable and all the team did such a great job once again. I passed to them all your kind words with a real pleasure. We are truly sorry we can not be packed and join you when you travel;), but for sure we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back here in our magical city.. For this purpose please contact me personally and I will be more than happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed in the hotel over the weekend in December and enjoyed every second of it from start to finish. On arrival our bag were taken from the car and placed in reception where we checked in and given a map of Prague. we were then shown to our room by the concierge. Complimentary mulled wine and tapas was provided before we headed out to explore the city. The rooms were well furnished and warm with excellent views.

I cannot praise the quality of the hotel or its staff highly enough and will definitely be returning here on my next visit.

Dear Sir,

Thank you so very much for your kind words about your recent stay at the Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I was thrilled to read that you had such a pleasant experience with us. It is especially rewarding to hear your compliments about our staff service! I have passed all your kind comments onto my dear colleagues and everyone hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future! In this case please let me assist you personally with your next booking.

Annecy, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Lots of reds, golds and gilded furniture at this small, intimate hotel on a quiet street in the Mala Strana. Great location, great staff and comfortable room. Our room was in the annex building across the street which was OK. There is no elevator in this building. The rooms are nicely furnished with all the customary amenities. Found the bed, pillows and coverlet a bit disappointing. Didn't provide the best sleep quality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Madam, Sir,

I am grateful that you took time to share your impressions in regards to your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the hotel’s location, room and staff service were to your liking. I am sorry to read that the sleeping quality was not up to your expectations as we frequently receive praises on this aspect of the hotel. Hopefully we will have another chance to welcome you back in the near future, in this case please contact me personally and I will be more than happy to be of any assistance.

With kindest regards,

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed the warm welcome and stay at the Nosticova with compliments to the friendly and helpful staff. Hotel is situated on a very quiet side street in the Mala Strana district and a short distance away from the Charles Bridge (5 mins) and Kampa Park. We did not end up using taxis or public transport as we preferred to walk everywhere (despite the cold), as there is much to see in this beautiful city.

We had requested the magnificent Anna Svidnicka room (deluxe room, standard size) as I wanted to soak up the view of the Prague Castle, plus it felt a little more secluded being on the top floor. The room came with all the features you would expect from a 5 star hotel, but missing a bath despite the bathroom being pretty sizeable. There was a separate kitchen, dining room and living room which can be connected with the other deluxe room on our level and collectively known as the Queen Suite. We had no need for these 3 other rooms, however they would have been welcome if we had had a family in tow.

As well as our accommodation, our package included breakfast, one way transportation from the airport, taxes, a welcome drink of local bubbly, complimentary mineral water every day, complimentary use of the internet, and complimentary use of the health club in their sister hotel (a short walk away). In addition, every night the hotel invite guests to enjoy a complimentary house cocktail/beer in the bar before your evening commences, which was a great way of meeting other guests and being able to converse with the staff.

The hotel itself is very Baroque in its style with a few eccentricities. Some may find this a little OTT, but given what you see as you traverse the cobblestone streets, this is not a surprise and made us feel very grand during our short 5 day stay.

We found the staff incredibly knowledgeable in terms of recommendations and took them up on a few. They were also very responsive to any requests we made and undertook them diligently. I have to give them a special thanks for gifting me with a bottle of bubbly on my birthday. It was most welcome and very kind - thank you!

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you so much for taking time and posting this fantastic review on Tripadvisor! What a delight to read all your positive comments following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. All the team is honored that you chose our hotel for your birthday and we are happy to hear you enjoyed it in the fullest! We hope to welcome you back as our dear guest in a near future and for this purpose please contact me personally.

Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

+: The receptionist is very friendly and service minded (like arranging tickets and seats for concert, like advising on a restaurant). The location (a 15 min walk from/to Malostranska metro station through Praha 1 area is beautiful. At arrival luggage is transported to your room and a welcome drink was offered (beautiful white sparkling wine). The location is situated in area where lots of embassies are located, so quiet and peaceful. Very comfortable bed and shower/bath. Hotel is located @ five minute walk to Karlov Most and Spa resort. The Spa resort (free entry) is wonderful. Staff wearing name badges. Very complete and delicious breakfast assortiment.

-: Pity to leave :-( One minor thing: the odd staff member was not acting service minded (like not waring name badge) and seemed not willing to excel in service delivery (like taking plates away without asking if both my wife and me were finished our breakfast).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your impressions on your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. It was a real pleasure to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us overall, and especially the reception services, location, food and room facilities met your expectations. At the same time I was concerned to hear that the breakfast waiter fell short of your expectation and please rest assured that your valued comments were forwarded to the relevant supervisor.
Thank you once again for your opinion and please do come and join us again in the near future! I will be more than happy to be of any assistance with your next booking.

Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Alchymist Nosticova Palace in late October of this year. It was a fabulous choice! We had every service that larger hotels provide. The breakfast was great. There were cereals, juices, as well as pancakes. I just LOVED the yogurt. If it is homemade, then whoever makes it does an excellent job.
The front desk and reception were VERY helpful and really knew the city and its environs. They helped us in every way, especially Dasha and Suzanna. Karol who was the doorman was most friendly and kind to us.
I loved the wine and cheese that was offered each evening in the bar. What an atmosphere! Chandeliers, dark woodwork, brocade draperies, not to mention the wine and beer. As a kindness, they stayed open twenty minutes late, when my husband and I came home late from the opera.
I would recommend it to anyone. The location was very quiet.

Room Tip: Stay in a junior suite if possible. All suites are different.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking time and posting this beautiful review on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much and especially the breakfast, front desk service and wine bar as well as our location were all to your liking. I have passed you kind comments onto my dear colleagues.
Thank you once again for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. We hope to have another chance to welcome you back in the near future!

With kindest regards,

Lucie

Been to Alchymist Nosticova Palace? Share your experiences!