“Wonderful staff and hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alchymist Nosticova Palace

You added Alchymist Nosticova Palace to your Saves list
Alchymist Nosticova Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nosticova 463/1, Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Formerly Alchymist Residence Nosticova) (Mala Strana (Little Quarter))   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Athlone, Ireland
“Wonderful staff and hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I spent three nights at the Alchymist and I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and the beauty of the hotel. First, I was greeted with a glass of sparkling wine upon arrival. It's a really nice gesture that made me feel welcome and put a smile on my face :) Everyone was extremely helpful. When it started raining the next day, I was offered a large umbrella without even asking! And every day there was a little box of chocolates on the bed when going back to the room in the afternoon... The breakfast was good. I've read some reviews complaining that it's not one of those huge american style buffets, but it had everything I wanted to eat (and the bacon, coffee and croissants were excellent!), plus you can order "a la carte" if you want. Don't miss the mirror room in the back of the restaurant, it's stunning :)
I'd definitely recommend the Alchymist. I would go back there when I visit Prague again!

Room Tip: I had a room on the street, but it is a very quiet street with very few cars or pedestrians. I wasn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
LucieNizka, Manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding your stay with us and especially the service you received from my great team, because this is the aspect we are highly focused to. I was truly happy that we met your expectations and please do come and join us again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Lucie and colleagues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

stayed here for 5 nights loved our room it was truly beautiful ,gorgeous chandelier,very comfortable bed we were in rm 416 top floor huge bathroom & bath
staff were very friendly/helpful
complimentary cheese & wine every night 5-6 great, chocolates on pillow
spa at sister hotel nice & relaxing but pool not really a swimming pool more a plunge pool again beautiful chandelier above pool gown & slippers provided
initially disappointed with location but i was wrong it may be a little further to walk from astronomical clock etc but its quiet & you can easily walk to most areas in prague also its near kampa with the lovely statues
hope to return someday

Room Tip: high floor quiet (lift & one flight of stairs need to be mobile)
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a kind words following your recent stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and please do come and see us once again so we can exceed your expectations. I have passed on your kind words to the team.

Northville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in October 2012. The location was wonderful, on a quiet street but so close in walking distance to everything. We chose the 4 night special offer which included staying in one of their Royal Suites. It was not ridiculously expensive and so beautiful!! The staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating, especially Zusanna, Rene' and Natasha, who talked me into buying a garnet ring at the last minute!! I love the ring and it is a wonderful remembrance of our trip! Rene' helped check us in and brought us some champagne while we were doing so and Zusanna was very nice too. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and the dining area was very nice, and so were the dining staff. Our suite had a separate living room and bedroom and the room was very spacious. It was a very romantic hotel, very old world european. We loved everything about our stay at this hotel and we absolutely loved Prague!!! There is a restaurant right next door called The Blue Whale - it was something else in Czech, but that was the translation. It was excellent! We highly recommend it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback! I'm grateful that you remembered your stay with us and you have such a nice memories. I'm sure that the garnet ring helps to recall it. It's great to hear that the hotel overall met your expectations and you loved our magical city. I passed on your kind words to my great team, especially to Zuzana, Natasha and Rene who ensure our guests only receive the best service. We look forward to having the chance to look after you once again in the near future.

Kindest regards,

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is really named the Alchymist Residence Nosticova, I believe.

It is a friendly and wonderfully eccentric boutique hotel on a quiet street in the "Lesser Town". The location is really good - it is away from the tourist throngs and a short walk over to the Kampa island park, which is a really nice spot to unwind. Lots of restaurants nearby, and the major tourist sights are all within a comfortable walking distance.

The hotel has some terrific extras like a daily wine & cheese hour and free Internet everywhere inside. The staff are great - warm, personal and helpful. The decor is over the top - suits of armor in the hall, red velvet everywhere - it is fun and mirrors the city's quirky charm.

This is not a sleek, modern hotel - the floors creak, the halls are narrow, the bathroom fixtures are old-fashioned. You need to embrace the whole experience to love it. We spent four days here and I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear Madam, Sir,

Many thanks for writing such a kind words following your stay at Alchymist Nosticova Palace. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the hotel location, its decor and atmosphere. I have passed on your kind words to the team with a big pleasure and we look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

With kindest regards,
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in April 2014. Hotel ticks all the boxes in terms of location,room quality, ambience, service etc. However what is outstanding is the attitude of the staff we met - happy, welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed in an attic room (Anna Svidnicka) requiring one flight of stairs to be negotiated - may be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Sir,

Many thanks for the great feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that all the hotel experience was to your liking and I have passed on your lovely words to my amazing team.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was our first leg of a european trip. 3 nights in Alchymist Nosticova Palace, formerlry Residence Nosticova.

The hotel is in the quieter Mala Strana, across the river from the Old Town section. This location is really perfect, you are a short walk to the castle, old town, but not surrounded by people when you step out of the place. It is a 2 minute walk to the Charles Bridge.

The hotel itself is extraordinary. The rooms have great character and are very nice and spacious. The staff was extremely friendly and always eager to help, recommending places to go and restaurants. The beds were almost too comfortable, they seemed to be some type of memory foam.

Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you for the time taken to share such a lovely words following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that Alchymist Nosticova Palace was the first impress of your European trip and it became such a relaxing and comfortable place for you to stay in Prague. Your kind comments regarding the rooms and staff are most appreciated and we all hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back here in the near future.

With kindest regards,

New Forest National Park, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Nosticova. Extremely friendly staff and a very relaxed atmoshere. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff seemed genuinely interested in our stay in and experience of Prague. From the outset our comfort and enjoyment was central to the service we received. We were offered a free upgrade on our arrival because the room they had originally suggested for us was not available. The room Josef 2 was beautiful, very clean and well equipped. The breakfasts were excellent and the wine and cheese hour in the early evening was a good way to meet other guests before heading out for the evening. The Nosticova Palace is very well placed for seeing the main sites of Prague but it is also sited in a quiet area but with some excellent restaurants and bars close by. We would certainly return to Prague and stay at the Alchymist again.

Room Tip: We asked the hotel for a light and spacious room with a view but also one that was quiet and that is...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Sir,

Thank you very much for all your kind words regarding your stay with us. It's rewarding to hear that you enjoyed your suite, breakfasts and especially the service you received from my great team. I was delighted that we met your expectations and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near furture.