“everything you need to enjoy your stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel William
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hellichova 5, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #253 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Milan, Italy
“everything you need to enjoy your stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

i chooe the hotel for its unconventional image, since i want to get to know Czech style and habits.
very good location, clean and decent breakfast buffet.

Car park available nearby for 18 euros.
Had a discount for the 3 nights stay and it was a good deal for my family vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Giulia C,
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel William. I´m so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It will be my pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel during your future visit.
Greetings from Prague

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Polish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just had a short break at this hotel. Great location, comfortable and clean. Very welcoming and would stay here again, and in fact hope to soon. My only suggestion to the hotel staff is, to ensure that there is non flavoured tea ie British Breakfast tea bags available in the morning and would benefit from a kettle in the room. Very minor points and all of the good things and perfect location will ensure that I seek out this hotel, next time I visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear SteveBurt 222,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Hotel William. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.
I also thank you for your knowledge. We serve the Czech brand tea at breakfast, but if anybody ask me in advance for the original British breakfast tea bags, I will get it.
The kettle is on loan from the reception desk free of charge, or there is also the a fully equipped coffee set for a small fee.
I welcome you again at our hotel William during your next stay.
Greetings

Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We spent three nights in this very relaxed and comfortable hotel. The location in the Little Quarter is very close for visiting many of the main sights, yet it is not situated in a loud, touristy area, so it was ideal for us. Several reviews have commented on the noise of the trams which can be heard through the windows- yes this is true, but it didn't prove too disturbing given this doesn't happen through the night and the area itself, and the hotel, is very quiet. We found the room very clean and fairly spacious, with a good range of choices for breakfast - both aspects very good for the star rating. The staff were friendly and attentive and the hotel decor is interesting whilst also in good condition. This is a hotel we would have no hesitation in returning to. We found it ideal for a city break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Odysseyrambles,
Thank you for your nice review from the recent stay at our hotel William. I´m very pleased that you enjoyed your trip.
I welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.

Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel is located in the Prague 1 Municipal District, in the heart of the city. Many Prague's tourist sites, including Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Jewish Quarter, are here.
In William you can find everything you need - not big but comfortable rooms, pleasant staff, good meal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Alla B.
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Hotel William. And I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your trip.
Thank you for your positive rating and for recommending our hotel to TripAdvisor.
Wroclaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I was there with my wife for 2 nights. Our room was big and clean, very nice furniture. Hotel is located in center of Prag, next to Karol Bridge, and Hradcany - they have also closed parking for cars. Staff in hotel is also very kind and helpful. If i go to Prag again i will stay there for sure. I can't say anything about breakfast because it was always to late for us;). I recommend this hotel very much. There was only one small problem for us - there is no shampoo in the room and you can't buy it in reception, but we found it in the shop next to the hotel. But stil great hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Poul9,
I am very pleased to read your positive review from your recent stay with us at Hotel William. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I'm sorry that you did not have shampoo. In the bathroom is "hair and body gel" (2in1). In case you need just the shampoo, it´s available at the reception desk.
We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Aschaffenburg, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

The cost effectiveness of the Hotel is great. We payed 107€ for three nights incl. breakfast. Also the location of the hotel is perfect. To name but a few attraction which are quickly reachable within a 20 minute walk at a max: the Charles Bridge, the Prague Castle, the old town centre, etc. Additionally, the tram stops in front of the hotel.

The double room is spacious and sufficient furnished. There were some details missing like no waste basket (besides the one in the bathroom) and no fridge. Our blanket had two small holes and at arrival the bathroom unpleasantly smelled of chlorine, hence we kept the door closed at the beginning and turned on the ventilation. But the smell was gone within 10minutes.

The breakfast is nothing special, we missed scrambled eggs and it took some time to refill the coffee when the pot was empty. Altogether the breakfast is O.K.

Close by there are some good restaurants and cafes which I would recommend (just search on tripadvisor). Especially the CafeSavoy (3mins away) is worth a visit for a delicious breakfast.

All in all the hotel is ok and impresses with the fair prize and very well location.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Boris B,
thank you very much for your feedback from your stay at Hotel William.
I´m very pleased to read your notes. I´ve bought waste baskets to all our rooms including bathrooms for improvement our services. Based on your knowledge we also changed our offer of hot breakfast every day.
I really want to say, that I appreciate the knowledge and recommendations of our guests and I try to improve our services.
Thank you for your rating and for recommending our hotel to TripAdvisor.
Best regards.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This hotel is really wonderful. It's situated between the Old Town and Prague Castle, in the very nice area of Mala Strana, and is about 15 minutes walk to the castle and 5 minutes to Charles Bridge.

The room I got, 409, was very small, but beautiful enough to make me forget it! The buffet breakfast is amazing - the best hotel breakfast I can ever remember having. I stayed in a 4 star hotel in the Algarve over the summer, and the breakfast in this £28 a night hotel was better. The breakfast hall is also exceptionally beautiful.

One downside is that the lift is really tiny, you would be lucky to fit 2 people with luggage in it. Because of how small it was, I ended up using the stairs every day going up to the 4th floor, which wasn't the most fun after a full day of walking. I chose to walk everywhere, except for getting the funicular train up to the top of Petrin Hill, but there is a tram stop just round from the hotel, which will be handy for some.

I don't think I could recommend this hotel enough. Even though it's one of the cheapest places I've stayed, it's also one of the nicest. The staff take pride in it, it's spotlessly clean and very beautiful, and I wouldn't go anywhere else when returning to Prague.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Manager_at_William, Manager at Hotel William, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Ais11,
I am most grateful for your kind comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience and for indicating you would recommend our Hotel William.
We welcome you again at our hotel during your next visit.
Hotel Director

Been to Hotel William? Share your experiences!