“very nice !!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Louren Hotel

You added Louren Hotel to your Saves list
Louren Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Slezska 55 | Slezska 832/55, Prague 130 00, Czech Republic (Formerly Sieber Hotel & Apartments) (Vinohrady & Vrsovice)   |
Ranked #32 of 663 Hotels in Prague
honolulu
“very nice !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The perfection location away from the busy and noisy center of Prague ...this lovely boutique hotel is in a nice quiet neighborhood convenient to restaurants, bars, stores and only a few blocks from the Metro.
The breakfast was very filling with many choices and was served in a comfortable room adjacent to the lobby.
We really enjoyed the service and appreciated the kind attention we received from the staff. All of my pre-arrival emails (with various questions and concerns) were promptly answered by Michael from reception and we were pleasantly greeted and assisted by Elishka.
This was our first trip to Prague .....and it was made very memorable by our choice to stay at the Louren. We hope to return soon.
Jeff and Ross, Honolulu, Hawaii

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucia H, General Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Jeff and Ross,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel and for you wonderful review!

Many thanks for all your positive comments regarding our quiet location in a lively residential area and our "all you can eat" buffet breakfast. I am glad you have enjoyed our service!

I am also delighted to hear our staff made your first visit of Prague so unforgettable. I have already shared your feedback with my entire team as reviews like yours are the best motivation for each of us. Michael and Eliška will be also rewarded for their outstanding service.

We all believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel in the very near future!

Best regards from sunny Prague,

Lucia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were so glad we chose to stay outside the busy and noisy city center. This hotel is in a great neighborhood (seems to be among apron stores, if the nearby shop windows are anything to go by!). The metro stop is about 5 minutes away, so you're within reach of the city center in a short time. Breakfast was complete and good as well. My only grip was that the mattress was thin by our standards and I could feel the inner support (springs?) through the padding, so it wasn't all that comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zuzana M, Reservation Agent at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Geoviki,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to your recent stay in Prague!

I really appreciate your feedback and sharing it with other travellers. I am sorry for inconveniences caused by mattress in your room, but depsite of this fact I believe you have enjoyed your stay in such a beautiful city as Prague. I am always thankful for feedback like this becasue it helps us to improve our services and to make our guests´s stay as comfortable as possible.

Once again thank you for your visit and I hope we will have a chance to welcome you to our hotel in the future.

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Zuzana
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Louren Hotel for two nights.
We were rather satisfied: the service was very polite and kind. The hotel is not located near the city center, but the near subway station allows it to a good choice. The room was clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is the lack of blindings.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Zuzana M, Reservation Agent at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Elettra 1991L,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel to your stay in Prague. I am glad to hear that you and your boyfriend enjoyed it and you were satisfied with our services.

I really appreciate your feedback which is helpful for other travellers as well. Regarding the blindings mentioned in your review, we will defintately take it to our consideration. I am happy for every feedback like this because it helps us to improve and to provide better services for our guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I will be glad to welcome you and your boyfriend to our hotel in the future.

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

Zuzana
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Booked based on TripAdvisor recommendations but not 100% sold on the hype. Location us great-quiet neighborhood and 5 minutes from public transport. Bed is a bit hard and walls very thin (every time someone used water on floor above us we heard it and the same for conversations). Also, shower would shoot out scalding water at regular intervals during a shower. Breakfast is OK....not great but a step above continental. There are lesser priced comparable options around Prague. Next time I will do my homework a bit better before booking. Not a bad hotel but a bit pricey for what you get.

Lucia H, General Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear risanovo,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion and experiences via TripAdvisor, I really appreciate that.

I am very sorry to hear we were unable to meet your expectations based on our excellent reviews. I believe you have enjoyed your stay in our wonderful city despite mentioned imperfections. I will have a look at all the thing you have mentioned as the comments like yours are helping us to make things better.

I would be really thankful if you could write me what exactly were you missing at the breakfast. I will appreciate your feedback on my email lucia@louren.cz. We are always happy to add something new to our buffet and any recommendation will be taken into consideration!

Now we are offering "all you can eat" buffet including homemade cake or muffins, fresh bread, baguettes, croissants, bread rolls, various cereals, dried and fresh fruits, yoghurts, compote, jams, honey, nutella, butter, margarine, hams, salamis, cheeses, fresh vegetable, spreads, fried sausages and eggs + eggs made on order included in the price (omelets, scrambled eggs etc.). Of course juices, milk, coffee and tea are included as well. We are also ready to prepare gluten free or dairy free breakfast on request for no extra charge.

For sure it is possible to book a room for a better price in Prague but if that will also mean a better value that is up to you to find out.

Once again thank you for your stay at our hotel and for your feedback!

Wish you a lovely day.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Louren hotel has friendly,helpful and extremely efficient staff.The location is very good with excellent transport access.It is not cheap for a single person,however,I feel I got good value.
My room and en suite were spacious and comfortable .The hotel is in a quiet area .No problem with late night "stag/hen parties"!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Moira W,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague!

I really appreciate your kind feedback and I am glad you have enjoyed your stay with us. Especially I do thank you for your nice words regarding our staff, I have already shared your comments with the entire team.

As the dates at the beginning of May are highly requested, the prices are higher than usually. On the other hand we were pleased to provide you with a free upgrade to one of our Junior Suites to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Please feel free to contact me at lucia@louren.cz in case of any future reservation request and I will be pleased to offer you a special price including the loyalty discount.

Once again thank you for your stay and your recommendation!

I believe we will have chance to welcome you at our hotel in the future.

Have a nice day!

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We recently had 5 nights at the Louren Hotel in Prague. Staff upgraded our room to a Junior Suite which made our stay very comfortable. It's a great hotel for comfort, cleanliness, friendly welcome and a good breakfast. The staff went out of their way to help with planning our sightseeing and returning a lost phone. Location is close to public transport but we enjoyed the walk to the Castle and Old Town. Best coffee shop across the park at Mamacoffee made the location even better. Appreciated the referrals to local restaurants which came in the welcome pack.

Room Tip: Front room very comfortable but street noise means you need to have windows closed at night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucia H, General Manager at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear annandgarry42,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague!

I am happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you liked the Junior Suite. We are always pleased to offer a free upgrade when a higher standard room is available.

Especially I would like to thank you for mentioning the welcome pack - we are providing the information envelope just for a short time now so I glad you liked this improvement.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our staff - I have already shared your feedback with all my colleagues.

Once again thank you for your feedback and wish you a lovely day.

Hope to see you at our hotel again in the future!

Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We recently stayed at the Louren Hotel for three nights. We had a wonderful experience from beginning to end! Their customer service was just oustanding. We accidentally reserved the WRONG NIGHTS at the hotel (and our reservation was nonrefundable!), but when we arrived that evening, they not only gave us a room, they also upgraded us to a junior suite! No charges or fees for our own mistake! We also had a difficult time finding the hotel (again, our fault because we were driving in after dark and somehow misplaced our Czech Republic maps). Once we realized our mistake, we called the hotel and Tomas very kindly talked us all the way through the one-way streets to the front door of the hotel. As for the hotel itself, the location was perfect. We were a block away from an ATM and the nearest subway stop. We rode the subway two stops and walked out right in the center of the Old Town.

The area the hotel was in was fine (parking just a block away) with plenty of restaurants and bars, but we were usually done for the night by the time we came back to the hotel. We often had a drink at the hotel when we returned, and turned in for the night. We preferred being a little removed from the noise and crowds of the Old Town area, and our room was much more affordable being a short distance away. Our Suite was very nice, and included a huge room with a separate seating area. The King sized bed was quite comfortable. The bathroom appeared to have recently been updated and was large and very clean - sparkling, in fact. The whole hotel was very clean and the staff was all quite friendly.

The breakfast (included) was probably the best we had during our three week Europe travels. Plenty of breads, meat and fruit, with options for eggs or omelets. It was a delicious and filling way to start the day. We felt very safe in the area and it was easy to get to the Old Town and other areas we wanted to visit. We would have no hesitation in recommending the Louren Hotel, and would definitely stay there again on a future visit to Prague. You could not ask for a nicer reception to the city!

Room Tip: If you are able to book a suite, it is nice to have the space to spread out a bit.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Zuzana M, Reservation Agent at Louren Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear guests,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to your stay in such a wonderful city as Prague. We were pleased to welcome you to our house and made your stay pleasant and comfortable.

I appreciate a lot you have taken your time and wrote such an extensive and positive feedback regarding our staff, room and breakfast service. It is very good motivation for all our team and for Tomas of course. I am really happy that we met all of your expectations and made all your trip enjoyable.

We are always trying to be client friendly and make our guests satisfied, so there was no problem for us to accommodate you even you had reserved wrong nights without any extra fee.

So, thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experiences with other travellers.
I hope we will have a chance to welcome you to our hotel again in the future.

Best regards and have a nice day,

Zuzka