“Decent hotel... Pathetic excuse for a gym” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square

You added Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square to your Saves list
Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Katerinska 38 | Prague 2, Prague 12000, Czech Republic (Praha 2)   |
Ranked #216 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Southern California
“Decent hotel... Pathetic excuse for a gym”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Decent hotel... Pathetic excuse for a gym The rooms are decent. Carpet dirty and worn. Breakfast is very good.
The gym is a joke. Heaviest free weight 10kilo, One bike, one treadmill, one worthless weight stack. Even undervalued gyms generally have at least a 50 pound free weight. And just one treadmill and bike means you need to wait in line to use these things..

• Stayed September 2012
NovotelPraha, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you very much for all your remarks and comments. They all will help us to improve our service to the future customers. We know that our gym needs improvement, we hope to renovate it during the coming winter.
Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay and it is my hope to have the chance to welcome you back again.
Eva Paskova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stafford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Not sure what price standard rooms are - two if us were in here as the Ibis next door hadn't got a twin room

Rooms are way better than the Ibis as is the bar - but overall given the price it depends what you're after ... Somewhere cheap to lay your head? Definitely book the Ibis. Somewhere mid-range that looks good? Well provided you use the restaurant and bar book here

Don't forget though that the Novotel facilities such as swimming pool etc sure available to Ibus customers

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
NovotelPraha, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback you posted on Tripadvisor. I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your trip to Prague and stay in our hotel and I am looking forward to welcome you back.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

This property is no where near the part of Prague you want to see which is the Old Town Section. It does have a nice pool but the rooms are very utilitarian and basic. In the USA it would be a 2 star. There are so many much nicer places in Prague for the same price point I would not stay here. The only reason we did was because it was part of a tour package. Before the tour we stayed at the Boscolo which was truly luxurious at about the same price as this place. No comparison. I would avoid this property.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I really regret you did not like the stay in our hotel so much. Anyhow I hope you enjoyed your trip to Prague and your vacation!!! I hope to have a chance to rectify your experience in some of our other Novotel hotels among which we have many beautifull properties worlwide.

With kind regards
essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have just returned from the Novotel and found it really quite good. I would say it was more like a 3 1/2 * rather than 4* but the rooms were clean and the service very good. The reason I am rating it as I have done is because of the excellent buffet breakfast which set us all up for the day. The one request I would make to the management is please, please, please stop serving instant coffee at breakfast time. It is horrible and there was no way any of the family would drink it. Otherwise, thank you for making our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you as well for the feedback you gave us. It is important for us to have the opinion directly from our guests. Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your stay and looking forward to welcome you back.
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our family stayed there between 1-5 September in room 406.

We took the bus (airport express) from the airport and it was only a short walk from bus station to the hotel ( 15min) its cheaper than taxi .

Check in and check out was easy no problems at all at front desk.

Most of the staff was nice , breakfast was good a lot of choices so you always find something to eat.

Cleanliness of hotel is excellent, sauna and pool is somthing we recommend its nice to relax for a while in the afternoon.

Room was like a european standard size ( small) but still enough and theres only shampoo and shower gel, so if you need body lotion, razorblades etc... so bring it from home.

Location was perfect , it took about 30 min to Charles bridge and then we stopped many times to take photos, maybe it takes 15 if you walk without stops.

We only gave it 3of 5 rating, and thats because it feels that the hotel missing some charm or something, we cant really point at it, but if we come back to Prague we will book this hotel, it was great anyway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Prague and thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay. I will look forward to your next visit!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel is clean; rooms smell of tobacco smoke and they are non smoking. The hotel is a little far from the old town; the staff was friendly and the a/c worked well which was great since it was 95 degrees daily

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelPraha, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Prague and thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay. I will look forward to your next visit!
Lewiston, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have to admit it WAS a value for your money, but I have enough quibbles that it went from being a 3.75 star down to a 3 star.

First off, the staff were great, and our breakfast was included in the price. I'm not sure how that worked, though, because there were some people who's breakfast was not included, so make sure that you ask when booking. The breakfast was expansive, for American standards. And it was darn good.

My biggest quibbles came from the room. Due to us staying on the hottest day on record of all time in Prague, maybe I shouldn't dock the hotel for us not sleeping well. But, the a/c just was not up to the challenge, and both my partner and I had to sleep on top of the feather duvee. Note that it apparently is very European to not have a sheet, so you sleep under the duvee only. I probably could have asked for one. Also, the bathtub was WAAAAAAAAY off the ground (I'll include a picture). Also, while it is neat that the shower head came off, it wasn't really practical, as there was no shower curtain, and the little glass divider was only 12" (maybe this is very European too? It DID look cool, it just wasn't practical). So, you couldn't really take off the shower head since you'd squirt the hell out of the entire bathroom and you had to stand in one little corner of the tub to shower. It was irritating. The bathroom had a vent, but it didn't work at all. Shower with the door open, unless you're trying to steam the wrinkles out of your clothes.

There was one 110v plug in for shavers in the bathroom. It also made a good cell phone charger, you just had to make sure your cell was OFF or the plug would get too hot.

Our room was quiet and we never heard anyone else.

The gym was quite small, but it was nice that there were dumb bells. There was a recumbent bike, one treadmill, and a lat pulldown/row machine, an exercise ball, and some mats. And it was hotter than hell in there, even early morning (5am) when I worked out. Note that it supposedly doesn't open until 0700, but the staff said that you can go in there early if you want or after it closes. While I didn't go in the pool, it looked nice.

Eva Paskova

Been to Hotel Novotel Praha Wenceslas Square? Share your experiences!