“Great old hotel with character, modern rooms and very friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Archibald At the Charles Bridge

You added Archibald At the Charles Bridge to your Saves list
Archibald At the Charles Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Na Kampe 508/15 | Mala Strana, Prague 11800, Czech Republic (Mala Strana (Little Quarter))   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #49 of 662 Hotels in Prague
London, United Kingdom
“Great old hotel with character, modern rooms and very friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

First impressions are that this hotel is in a great location, very close to Charles Bridge and yet far enough away to be quiet (about 100 metres from the crowds). The hotel is old and has a lot of character with a fantastic ceiling in the restaurant where breakfast is also served and the photos do not do this justice! There is a garden over-looking the river and there is also a private resident’s only courtyard. The staff are all very friendly, professional and extremely helpful! The hotel looked like it had recently been re-fitted and my room was fitted to a very high standard. Breakfast was good – a reasonable choice – not the largest selection, but everything was nice. I also had a couple of drinks in the bar with a colleague and the waiting staff were very helpful and even went and checked directions on the internet for us of a bear garden where we were meeting others. The hotel stored my bags for free the day that I checked out and marked on a map how I could get a Metro Dejvická (green line, A), then bus 119 to Airport (Letiště) for just 110Kč using a 24 hour travel pass costing just 110Kc. There is an Airport Express that is faster to the Main Station (not included in the 24 hour pass and costs 60Kč one-way), but you then have a longer Metro journey, so you may as well take the 119 bus. Since my only real negative point was a smaller room than I’d have liked and the price was so reasonable, I have to give this hotel full marks and I will definitely be staying there again as I really enjoyed my stay .

Room Tip: I had room 29 which was on the lower ground level (close to reception) with a view overlooking the s...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
petra050, Manager at Archibald At the Charles Bridge, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Sir,
first of all I would like to Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and mainly your time taking to write this detailed despcription of all important aspects regarding your stay in our hotel.
I truly appreciate it because this is better than any advertisement for our hotel at all - I am glad to read that you were satisfied with our services and that you enjoyed your break in Prague!
Best regards to London,
Petra Sudlikova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Epsom, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just returned from a fabulous stay in this delightful hotel. An oasis of calm yet within minutes of the bustling city. The bedroom was large and had a lovely view onto the square which was very quiet but had a great outdoor market at the weekends. Breakfast was a lovely buffet including eggs, bacon and sausage and of course the normal continental style.
The staff were always smiling and very helpful and were a joy to speak to. The hotel itself was spotlessly clean.
We will cetainly return

Room Tip: Would certainly recommend this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
I would like to Thank you so much that you choose our hotel for your recent stay in Prague and for your kind review you posted here....I am happy that you enjoyed your city break and that you were satisfied with our location, room and services - it will be pleasure for me to share your compliments with my colleagues from reception because is always nice to know that they are doing a good job!

Kind regards to UK,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised with the hotel; our room was located on the first floor with a courtyard in the front, where you can eat or just hang out. It is within about 100 yards to the Charles Bridge in a quiet part of the city. It's like an escape from the busy Charles bridge to some restaurants where you can sit outside for coffee/dinner- very nice.
The staff is very nice and helpful. One recommendation is in the shower to provide for a formal shower curtain with a separate liner; currently there is only a very thin shower liner and the floor wets easily.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your recent stay in our hotel and your kind feedback as well.
I am glad to read that you were satisfied with our location, room and services...it´s more than nice for me to read that stay here was a pleasant surprise for our guests and I am happy that you spent nice time in Prague. Thanks a lot also for your recommendation in bathroom, we´ll try to make some improvement....

Kind regards to Texas!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed there in April with our adult children
The location was perfect and the entire hotel was immaculate
Both desk concierges were friendly and helpful
Breakfast was plentiful .
No elevators
We loved it because it was small and European.
Rooms were nice - sized
We stayed in rooms overlooking the street but would opt for the water view next time.
We stayed rhe next week in the Corinthian on Budapest which is a 5 star and wonderful but all 6 of us loved The Archibald for its location and charm
We'll be back!!

• Stayed April 2012
Dear Guests,
on behalf of Archibald hotel and staff I would like to Thank you very much for your spring stay in our hotel and for your time taking to write these lovely words about it - especially when you were
here almost 6 months ago...we really appreciate it and to be honest I am proud that we are the winner for you, compared with 5 stars hotel! Thanks a lot and see you and your family next time...
Kind regards from Prague!
Cordova, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Archibald at the Charles Bridge was a real delight. From the moment I arrived I was taken care of in every way possible. My room was so big and with a great view of the river and Charles Bridge and all the beautiful old city lights at night. It is a short walk to any of the sites a visitor wants to see and right outside the front door is a market every day. The restaurant was fabulous with a cafe right on the riverbank. Don't wait--get there today!

Room Tip: Get the special double up on the top floor!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guests,
Thank you so much for your recent stay in our hotel and for your lovely comments written through Tripadvisor to us, I really appreciate it and of course we are happy that you enjoyed your city break and that we partly made your few days in Prague more comfortable. I hope that you´ll have a chance to come back in future...
Best regards to Cordova,
Tauxigny, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the Archibald Hotel. Everything was perfect. The staff is really charming and helpfull.
Our room was big and very clean. The hotel is also perfectly located. Breakfast is amazing.
We will definitely go back as soon as possible. Great address for a vacation.
Jean-François and Célestine from The Loire Vallée/France.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,
I would like to Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your summer stay in Prague.
I am glad to read that you were satisfied with your choice and I am truly happy that you spent a memorable few days here! Of course, if you decide to come back in future, you are welcome.

Merci beaucoup et salutations a la France!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We just spent 5 wonderful nights at this hotel. This was actually my second stay here, and it was even nicer than my first visit, under the previous management. Our room was more like a lovely bedroom than your typical hotel room - - very large, with comfortable furniture including some antiques, and decorated with stenciled borders on the walls. The two windows overlooked a pleasant, tree-filled plaza, far away from the noise of any traffic, but just a few buildings down from the Charles Bridge. The staff is very polite and helpful. They serve a wonderful buffet breakfast including a variety of cereals, fruits, cold cuts, bacon, sausages, eggs, local breads, etc., and they keep the buffet filled. The hotel restaurant also serves dinner, and you can choose outdoor seating by the Vlatava River. (You can watch the boats go by.) Around the plaza are several other restaurants with outdoor cafes, so there are a lot of choices. Finally, we were just a short walk from Kampa Park and streets leading directly into Mala Strana. Highly recommended. And there was free wi-fi in our room. We'll be going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,
first of all I would like to Thank you so much that you choose our hotel for your family holiday again and for your time taking to share your positive impressions with us and others travellers!
This kind of review is always the best motivation for our future work, you noted everything and I can promise that we will try to do our best to offer perfect service for our guests and continue with improvements of our facilities. It will be pleasure for us to welcome you for your 3rd visit!
Kindest regards to NY City,