“AMAZING Hotel. Perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Design Hotel Jewel Prague

You added Design Hotel Jewel Prague to your Saves list
Design Hotel Jewel Prague
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rytirska 3 | Stare Mesto, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Stare Mesto (Old Town))   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“AMAZING Hotel. Perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently stayed here for a 4 day stay starting April 24th, 2013 while vacationing in Prague. I have to say it's an AMAZING hotel.

I was a single traveler in a one person room. The room is European size, meaning small, but it was really perfect for one person. The hotel is very modern and is kept in perfect condition. In the afternoon as they makeup the room, they leave a special pastry or chocolate, which are always delicious.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Plus the location was PERFECT.

And if you fly in to Prague, call the hotel and ask to be picked up at the airport. It's a surprisingly cheap addition to the bill and makes things extremely easy if you're jet lagged.

If you go to Prague, stay at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this wonderful hotel - appropriately named Jewel. The rooms were immaculate, the staff extremely friendly and helpful and the food delicious. Made us feel like royalty. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Jan

Room Tip: No lift, so try a room on the first floor. Amethyst Room was, in our opinion, the best.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stayed in the Jewel hotel in Prague last week. The location is in a great locals neighborhood with reasonably priced meal and just steps away from all tourist locations. The room is small but beautifully decorated with all the amenities you will need. We enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast each morning along with the great coffee and espresso! The staff at this hotel were wonderful, spoke good english and very helpful with all our needs! We enjoyed our first visit to Prague and look forward to coming back in the future and staying at the Design Jewel Hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This truly is a jewel in the heart of old Prague. Room was clean and a bit luxe. Staff were uniformly kind and service oriented. The free breakfast was great and there's even turndown service. We'll return when we are in Prague next.

• Stayed April 2013
Salvador, BA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I stayed for 5 nights in Prague in that lovely hotel, nice and very clean room, excellent breakfast, great location, walking distance to many tourist sights, restaurants and shops The staff were excellent, extremely helpful and friendly. We would certainly stay here again and highly recommend this Hotel

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Booked 4nights in the hotel via the hotel website (not via any 3rd party booking agent), received an email confirmation and was even charged a non returablebooking fee. When I decide to make an amendment to my booking, i sent 4 emails to the hotel (there was no option to amend my booking in the system). waited for 1 week without any any reply. I decide to made 4 long distance calls to check, and eventually the answer given to me was that they do not even have my reservation! During the last call, the lady promised to check and then call or reply my email within the day but I have no replies whatsoever after 9 hours. Although no one seems to have the same problem I had experienced - maybe it is an isolated case,but it certainly was a terrible booking experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
vkunert, Manager at Design Hotel Jewel Prague, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello,
I am the manager of Hotel Jewel.
It is very important for me to solve this problem. We are doing the best to satisfy our guests and always and constantly trying to improve our service that is why we received an award from Tripadvisor 2 weeks ago.
As soon as I read this review I immediately began to investigate what has happened. It is first time that somebody has written such a bad review about our hotel and damaged our good reputation.
I found that the reservation (is still valid) and I didn’t find any cancelation in our booking “Bookassist” provider. The dates are from May 18 – May 22 for Superior room with breakfast. The lady did the reservation through our online booking service.
She did not read carefully about policies and cancelation fees for reservation which she may find useful. To read this useful information is very important for every guest who is going through reservation service. BOOKASSIST
I was looking for her email in our hotel email box and I didn’t find any email from her or any other email under her name. So she probably sent email to someone else and also our receptionist told us, that no one calls from Singapore. If this is truth of nit I don’t know, but the receptionist work in our hotel for 7 years. It is against our rules to promise something and not to fulfil our promise.
On online reservation we have email contact, so we sent an email to this lady, but no one answered. This case is really unclear to me so would be nice if we can solve this problam Thank you very much
Looking forward to hearing from this lady
Dušan Neset
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent two nights in in this hotel during my recent family visit in Prague and it was a great experience. The hotel is excellently located: from there you can explore all mayor Prague tourist attractions by foot. We stayed in the "diamond" room on the first floor (double bed plus extra single bed for our son) and we were very satisfied. The room was new, modern and comfortable.Despite the street view it was also very quiet. The service was very attentive and personalised. We had an opportunity to talk to owner. He and his staff showed a great committment in making our stay a real pleasure. For example they proposed on their own initiative a late check out to fit our flight schedule. There is no elevator in the hotel (it is located in the historical building) but it was not a problem at all. Summarizing, I would for sure come back and stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Design Hotel Jewel Prague? Share your experiences!