Nothing special about this hotel but it is a good, comfortable, well-appointed hotel, with friendly, considerate staff, in a good, handy location.
My wife and I stayed for 9 nights either side of a 3 night gap when we went to another town in Czech Rep. Having e-mailed days in advance of our approximate arrival reception were waiting for us when we did. When we left for our gap our luggage was stored for us without question and on our return it had already been installed in our new room. They also looked after it on our last day for hours after we checked out. Breakfast was a limited but sufficient selection of cold + hot food - plus v nice cakes - eat/drink as much as you want - in a comfortable dining room. The bar was small with only bottled Pils but was comfortable with friendly service. The rooms were always well-cleaned, comfortable and well-furnished - although as British we did have to turn the air-con up to get it down to a liveable temperature - but the maid never adjusted it back to the hotel norm.
Our only 3 small criticisms were 1) there was only 1 TV channel in English, 2) the coffee could have been stronger, and 3) the lift was like a sauna turned up to extra-hot.
The hotel is in a very good location 1 minute slightly up a slope from the stop for short tram journeys both to Malastrana - The Castle - Hradcanska and Letna, across the river to both the Old and New Town areas and beyond, and down past Andel to Smichov rail + coach stations. Several bus routes also pass. From the airport it's easy - bus 179 to Motol then tram 9, or after about 11pm 1 direct bus only. Walking - easy - 10-15 mins stroll gets you to Malastrana nam, Old Town Sq, Wenceslas Sq, etc and only 5 mins to Andel, the Funicular and Legio most - and the SE corner of Petrin Hill parks is across the road.
We would return for another stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Mala Strana quarter, BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden 4 star hotel in Prague offers you the comfort of its warm and elegant rooms, for a pleasant stay in the most charming European capital. BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden hotel is located in the peaceful Mala Strana area that is well served by public transportation. Perfectly situated in a renovated 19th century building, the hotel is a convenient starting place for discovering the historical center. BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden Hotel, for a leisure or business hotel stay in central Prague. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hotel Kinsky Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Kinsky Garden Hotel Prague
- Best Western Hotel Prague
- Best Western Prague
- Prague Best Western