“Convenient Hotel with fantastic staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Julian

You added Julian to your Saves list
Julian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elisky Peskove 197/11, Prague 150 00, Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Special Rate
Another 5% OFF
Ranked #28 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Convenient Hotel with fantastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in February this year. We are a family of 5 and therefore we had 2 rooms, a triple and a double on the second floor of the hotel. We traveled by car to Prague and we arranged to use their small secure car park at the rear of the hotel (it doesn't take many cars so check at the time of booking).

This is a really nice hotel, the public spaces are traditional, paneled with log fires and there is a restaurant in the cellar and a roof top garden with views of the Castle at the top. We were there in Feb and therefore the hotel was fairly quiet, we did not use the restaurant, roof top or Spa. The rooms we stayed in were en-suite and simply furnished, but clean and had TV, a safe, a fridge and free WiFi, what more can you want from your accommodation.

Breakfast at the hotel was great, we have three growing girls who we made walk all over Prague in the freezing weather (-6C) and snow, so they really enjoyed the range of breakfast.

The hotel is a 10-15min walk to the Charles Bridge, it took us a bit longer because of the heavy snow fall. Alternatively if you want to get to Wenslasas Square, there is a tram stop less than 5 mins walk from the Hotel, taking the number 9 tram (runs every 15-20mins) gets you there in about 15mins for a very reasonable price. If you need advice the staff at the hotel are really helpful and do have tickets, however you can also buy them from a machine at the tram stop.

There are a few places to eat around the hotel, we tried Meduzzy, see my other review, however most evenings we went into the center of town to enjoy the sights.

Overall we really enjoyed are stay here and for the price you cannot go wrong. I would also like to thank the staff for being so helpful while we were there, you are a great team.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Julian, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear traveling family,

thank you for your stay with us. I do appreciate you took time to share your feelings here with others. I am very happy while reading that, thank you so much for you praise.

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived at Prague pretty late but we have quick service to have the room.

Hotel location is only 15 mins walk to Charles Bridge and main attractions. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and fit for parents and 1 children (15 years) with 1 double and single bed in 1 room. The bathroom is spacious there is a disable facility for shower. Big wardrobe outside of the room. The internet is free. That is cool. They have a roof top restaurant but we don't have a chance to dine there. Next time maybe.

I love Prague and also maybe we will stay in hotel Julian again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Julian, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear family,

thank you that you have chosen hotel Julian for your stay in Prague. I appreciate your review. I am happy you were satisfied with provided services. That is a pity that you did not have any possibility to try dining at the terrace, so I hope you will come again, ideally in summer months:-)

Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just had a great five days in Prague and due in no small way to choosing the Julian. My room was absolutely fine. The breakfast really set me up for the day. The lounge and pub were really nice, although the pub was very quiet. I'm assured that's not the case later in the season. The staff were lovely and couldn't be more kind and helpful. In the lift on the first day, a cleaner picked a thread off my jacket and I knew this was a good place to stay!

It's much more central than you may think, but it is worth getting the hang of the trams as you can tire yourself walking the city, especially on the cobbles. But if you prefer to walk, you absolutely can.

There are nice bars and restaurants within a couple of blocks if you don't want to head into town again in the evening. At the price I paid, it was areal bargain and I'll be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Julian, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your long stay with and your feedback, I do appreciate that. I am happy you were satisfied with your room and all provided services. I am glad to hear you will be back and hope it will be soon.

Enjoy the oncoming spring time.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

This hotel is absoultely beautiful everywhere you look. Very clean and every single person we dealt with was very helpful and friendly. It even has a SPA, which we didn't have time to use but it looked very nice and clean. Breakfast was great and they provide free wi-fi. It's at walking distance from the Prague Castle and the historic Charles Bridge. You can also take the tram but I recommend that you walk there at least once to enjoy the stunning views. The tram passes a block away and you can to take it to Old Town, or to New Town (don't miss the 5 story shoe store). I think Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in th world. I wish I was still there! I know I'll go back and I will want to stay in the Hotel Julian again.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Julian, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much that you have chosen hotel Julian for your stay in Prague. I appreciate that you share your feelings here with other travelers. I am so happy that you have been charmed by Prague and our hotel so much. I hope that your next visit will be soon.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you again.

Yakima, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Two of us stayed at the Hotel Julian for 4 nights in February. We couldn't have been more pleased. The room was comfortable and clean. The front desk staff was always helpful and accomodating. We took advantage of the transfer service to and from the airport which was reasonable and efficient. The breakfasts were perfect for starting our cold days as tourists. We walked nearly everywhere but also used the trams which were just around the corner from the hotel. In fact, it was so convenient to purchase tram tickets from the hotel reception. Our favorite part was the beautiful and comfortable library in the lobby area. We enjoyed wine in front of the warm fire as we read our books and just relaxed after a busy day of sightseeing. One suggestion would be to have a larger safe in the room in order to accomodate electronics and personal items. We would definitely stay here again if our travels take us back to Prague.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and that you took time to share your opinions here, I appreciate that! I am happy you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and in Prague as a whole. When it comes to the safe in rooms, there is always possibility to store bigger items in our office:-)

chesterfield, derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is our 2nd stay at hotel Julian, we don't usually go back to the same place twice but once you have stayed here you would not choose anywhere else in Prague, it's a lovely walk through Kampa park to Charles bridge (about 15 mins) or 3 tram stops if you feel you've had enough walking. There is a great pizzeria along the way called La Fame, best pizza in Prague only 33 czk for a pint of pilsner ( just over £1) the restaurants on the way back to the hotel generally close between 11-12pm but food served in the hotel is also very nice. For anyone wanting a quiet, relaxing and romantic hotel you won't be disappointed. It's worth paying the 80€ extra for the romantic package for something really special to remember your time here. It snowed heavily during our time in Prague which made the city look even more wonderful, the trams are great and keep running even in deep snow!! Unlike the uk when all transport stops at a few inches. The staff are all exceptional and most speak excellent English, would recommend a visit to Prague zoo, its amazing and only about £6 each admission it closes at 4pm in winter months so go early. The reception staff can arranged anything for you to get the most out of your time here, it's a very beautiful city and an equally beautiful hotel, can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your second stay with us. I appreciate your feedback, which is very nice, thank you! I am happy you enjoyed Prague and our hotel again and you took advantage of a romantic package. Anyway, third time is lucky:-)

We are looking forward to your next stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel Julian in Prague. At the beginning on Feb. And loved every minute of it. The hotel rooms, reception and restaurant were all top class and decorated to the highest standard. Customer service was great, always giving us ideas of where to go and what to see. Especially Paul who was super friendly when we arrived. Loved every minute of this holiday all topped off with a romantic proposal by my other half....and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to see the beautiful city od Prague.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your nice review. I am really happy while reading you enjoyed every minute. And what more, I would like to congratulate to your engagement:-)