“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Julian

Save Saved
You added Hotel Julian to your Saves list
Hotel Julian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elisky Peskove 11 | Prague 5, Prague 150 00, Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #35 of 666 Hotels in Prague
Ghent, Belgium
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. We stayed 6 nights in February. We had 1 room with 2 single beds. The room was nice and had enough space for both of us. We did not make use of the public transport, everything by foot. It was certainly do able. Breakfast buffet was very good: a variety of choices and staff followed up very well. Reception was 24/7 which was interesting when going out. Transport from and to the airport was also arranged by the hotel. Our flight was 10 minutes earlier but the driver was already there as well! I would definitely recommend this hotel to other people wanting to visit Prague.

Bathroom was clean but a bit worn down(crack in the floor, some damages by the door). Also you had to let the water run for a while before you got warm water. We had a bath in our room but it was not easy to take a shower since the shower hang very low. We were on a room on the 3rd floor. But these are minor complaints, wouldn't refrain me from staying here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your long stay with us in February. I am happy you enjoyed your stay. I do appreciate all your comments. Every wintertime, we do needed reparations and reconstructions to modernize the rooms. This year, it is the turn of your bathroom:-).

I am happy you would stay here again. You are always welcome here.

Enjoy the rest of the winter.

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here in December for a long weekend, the Hotel Julian was perfect for our needs.

The old town was a short walk away , as indeed was Charles Bridge and Petrin Hill, although a tram stop was located very close by that also took you into the town.

The Hotel was in a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle , but as stated was an easy walk or ride away from the main sites, we booked an airport transfer through the Hotel and this woked out very well. We found all the staff to be very polite and helpfull. We also ate here on our first night and the food was very good. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your december stay with us. I appreciate your review. I am happy that our hotel was perfect for your needs and you were satisfied with all provided services.

We hope to welcome you here again!

Victoria, B.C. Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We just enjoyed our sixth stay at this wonderful boutique hotel in Prague - our favourite hotel in all Europe. Our latest week at the Hotel Julian reunited us with many of the same staff - most who knew us by name. The hotel is gorgeous, but it is the wonderfully helpful staff that attracts us just as much. From the superbly cleaned rooms, to the tastefully presented full breakfasts, grand dinners, or reception desk, the staff always makes sure that every client is a special guest.

For this superb location and caliber of accommodation, this hotel represents great value, at any time of year. Even though our recent visit was in late January, the location allowed us to walk to Old Town, to Mala Strana, and even to the Castle. With longer outings, the nearby streetcar stop and Metro allowed us to criss-cross Prague at a nominal cost.

In the summer time the roof-top deck, with its superb castle view, is a great venue for breakfast, dinner, or drinks at any time of day.

We have sent many of our Canadian friends to The Hotel Julian, and they have all been similarly delighted with their stay. We look forward to many more return visits to our favourite European hotel.

Peter and Gaye - Victoria, B.C., Canada

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in have been excellent. When travelling with children or family groupings o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear our regular guest,

thank you very much for your sixth stay. I am so happy that our hotel is your favorite in Europe. I do appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, as well as to Tripadvisor:-) Thank you for your time devoted to writing your reviews.

I am really happy we have such regular guest and are already looking forward to your next stay. I believe that we will do your next stay as comfortable as your last stays.

Enjoy the rest of winter.

United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Julian last year. Although this is quite a while but they still deserve the long overdue salute. The friendliness and helpfullness of the staff along with the cleanliness and first class amenities of the hotel. I still remember the beef goulash from their restaurant downstairs. Great location as it is near to tourist spots by foot or by tram. Good restaurants are nearby. If I will go back to Prague i will definitely stay in this hotel again. Indeed, comfortable hotel with great service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay. I do appreciate your review, I am so glad I can read your feelings after one year:-)I am happy you enjoyed your stay.

You are always welcome here. We and our beef goulash are looking forward to you:-)

Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having just returned from a short stay at the Hotel Julian i must agree with a lot of your reviewers in praise of the staff, very friendly and very helpful.
The hotel is close to the tram stop which enables you get around Prague effortlessly.

The bedrooms (we had a double on the second floor) were spotless as was the bathroom.
We found breakfast more than adequate with a good selection of hot and cold food available.
The real joy for us was the log fire in the lounge - so restful that we both dozed off in the comfortable armchairs!
This is the fourth time that we have been to Prague and although the Hotel Julian was not the most expensive hotel we have stayed in, it was far and away the best.
We are in no doubt that next time we are in Prague we will definitely be staying again at the Hotel Julian.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you that you have decided to stay with us during your fourth trip to Prague. Thank you very much for your review. Such reviews are the best appreciation for our work. I am happy you enjoyed all provided services and you relaxed by the fire.

I hope that your fifth visit of Prague is knocking on the door:-)

Enjoy the rest of winter.

Minsk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great service. I had a serious problem with my car while visiting Prague for the first time, but the reception helped me to find everything I needed, incl. auto services, public transport, etc. They also asked me to take my time and forget about an extra day fee, when I was trying to solve the problem.
Nice rooms, quiet area, not far from the center. Just one small note: check prices before drinking in the bar :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and that you took time to write your nice review, I do appreciate that. It was our pleasure to help you. I hope that your car is ok right now and you had a pleasant trip home. Thank you also for your note:-), but I believe that we have reasonable prices in comparison with other bars in the city:-)

You are always welcome here!

Sandy, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I selected this hotel based on reviews and I was not disappointed. Very friendly and helpful staff. Adequate breakfast with good choice, however I would have liked to have seen fresh fruit. I had an evening meal (trout fillet) in the restaurant and this was delicious. There was a good wifi connection which is always important to me. The location provides good options. A fifteen walk to the castle, a short tram ride to the old town, easy access to the airport via tram and bus. A very pleasant and convenient place to stay. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms are available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and for sharing your opinions with others, I do appreciate that. I am happy you decided according to other reviews and were not disappointed. I am also glad you liked the meal from our new menu. When it comes to the fresh fruit, we always provide some during breakfasts. Anyway, when you are here next time, do not hesitate to ask for an extra portion:-)

We hope to welcome you here again

Radka Římalová

Been to Hotel Julian? Share your experiences!