“Oh, so relaxing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Julian

You added Hotel Julian to your Saves list
Hotel Julian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elisky Peskove 11 | Prague 5, Prague 150 00, Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Ranked #33 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Oh, so relaxing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having just returned from a short stay at the Hotel Julian i must agree with a lot of your reviewers in praise of the staff, very friendly and very helpful.
The hotel is close to the tram stop which enables you get around Prague effortlessly.

The bedrooms (we had a double on the second floor) were spotless as was the bathroom.
We found breakfast more than adequate with a good selection of hot and cold food available.
The real joy for us was the log fire in the lounge - so restful that we both dozed off in the comfortable armchairs!
This is the fourth time that we have been to Prague and although the Hotel Julian was not the most expensive hotel we have stayed in, it was far and away the best.
We are in no doubt that next time we are in Prague we will definitely be staying again at the Hotel Julian.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you that you have decided to stay with us during your fourth trip to Prague. Thank you very much for your review. Such reviews are the best appreciation for our work. I am happy you enjoyed all provided services and you relaxed by the fire.

I hope that your fifth visit of Prague is knocking on the door:-)

Enjoy the rest of winter.

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Minsk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great service. I had a serious problem with my car while visiting Prague for the first time, but the reception helped me to find everything I needed, incl. auto services, public transport, etc. They also asked me to take my time and forget about an extra day fee, when I was trying to solve the problem.
Nice rooms, quiet area, not far from the center. Just one small note: check prices before drinking in the bar :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay at our hotel and that you took time to write your nice review, I do appreciate that. It was our pleasure to help you. I hope that your car is ok right now and you had a pleasant trip home. Thank you also for your note:-), but I believe that we have reasonable prices in comparison with other bars in the city:-)

You are always welcome here!

Sandy, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I selected this hotel based on reviews and I was not disappointed. Very friendly and helpful staff. Adequate breakfast with good choice, however I would have liked to have seen fresh fruit. I had an evening meal (trout fillet) in the restaurant and this was delicious. There was a good wifi connection which is always important to me. The location provides good options. A fifteen walk to the castle, a short tram ride to the old town, easy access to the airport via tram and bus. A very pleasant and convenient place to stay. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: No smoking rooms are available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and for sharing your opinions with others, I do appreciate that. I am happy you decided according to other reviews and were not disappointed. I am also glad you liked the meal from our new menu. When it comes to the fresh fruit, we always provide some during breakfasts. Anyway, when you are here next time, do not hesitate to ask for an extra portion:-)

We hope to welcome you here again

Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

So much good to say about this place! It's a very well kept, clean hotel. It's in a great location to get anywhere...Tram is just around the corner! So many nice antique items to look at all over the hotel! Front desk and staff are so polite and helpful! The included weekend breakfast is outta this world with alot of variety and very favorable foods and drinks! Very reasonably priced for all that's included and available there! Nice, nice, nice!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. Thank you for your time devoted to this review. I am very happy you liked the style of our hotel as well as provided services.

You are always welcome here!

Enjoy the winter time.

Middelburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Spent 1 night here. Had a good laugh with receptionist regarding some of the TV channel complaints :-)
Smokers room - nice atmosphere ! Room safe too small for laptop.
Friendly staff, multilingual, heard rapid French, good English.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your one night stay with us. I appreciate your feedback. I am happy you had a good time at our hotel and you had a fun with our receptionist:-). All the staff is looking forward to your next stay.

Enjoy the winter time.

kuala lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

my husband and i spent 4 nights here on our recent trip to prague; 3 nights mid dec and then we returned for one additional night before catching our flight out of prague.
location - in the lesser town, close enough for us to walk everywhere, including the charles bridge, the jewish quarters, new and old town. a number of good authetic czech resturants nearby, also a supermarket and an atm.
staff - efficient but not overly friendly, helpful.
room - first 3 nights we had a room (no. 307) facing the main road which means noisy. it was alright for us cause we were terribly jetlagged but we could hear the traffic very early in the morning. the last night we were in room 203 which faced the back which was nice and quiet. room was small but adequate. bathroom and shower were spotless and the hot water was really good. the bed in room 307 was hard but the one in 203 was very soft and it sort of sinks!
breakfast - good cold and hot spread. a nice touch was the little card on each breakfast table, giving us the max n min temp of the day. these cards were missing though on our last stay which was on christmas day, by the way.
one of the servers was rather rude to my husband one morning when he asked for a serving spoon which was missing from the hot tray and without even listening to him complete his sentence, she pointed to the table spoons and walked away only to come back later and realised that it was a serving spoon that was missing, she apologized though.
all in all, we had a good stay here. the lobby area was cosy and warm and very inviting.
will we stay here again? yes, for its location and for the price we paid.

Room Tip: request for a room that faces the back courtyard rather than the main road cause the traffic can be...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your 4 nights in Prague. I do appreciate you share your feelings with other travelers, thank you for your long review. We gave you a room 307 because it belongs to larger rooms at our hotel to make your stay comfortable. Although, It is no problem to move you to another room facing to the yard next time or whenever during your stay if you are not satisfied:-)I am also sorry for the misunderstanding with our waitress.

I am happy you would stay here again!

Enjoy the wintertime.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

On arrival, we were greeted with warmth, our room was very pleasant under the eaves with natural light from roof windows. There was stacks of room, plenty of linen and pillows.

The breakfast was a feast, somewhat different to Aussie style but we tasted much of it and enjoyed it all. We also had a dinner there and this was just what we needed so soon after arrival, the beer was cold and the food was hot and tasty all presented in a small cellar.

The staff were extremely helpful with much advice sought and given, at one time a receptionist took the time to mark the tram stops for one specific ride on our maps.
We would love to return to this beautiful city and I don't think we would consider staying anywhere else. To people visiting, consider purchasing a day tram ticket, the trams especially numbers 22 and 9 will just about get you anywhere you want.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. I appreciate your feedback. I am so happy you liked your room as well as provided services. I hope you return to Prague and hotel Julian soon.

Enjoy the beginning of new year.

Radka Římalová

Been to Hotel Julian? Share your experiences!