“A wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Julian

Save Saved
You added Hotel Julian to your Saves list
Hotel Julian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Elisky Peskove 11 | Prague 5, Prague 150 00, Czech Republic (Praha 5)   |
Special Offer
Free parking
Ranked #34 of 666 Hotels in Prague
Brisbane, Australia
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the beginning of December and the apartment was a warm and cosy refuge from the snowy conditions outside. It is located within easy walking distance of all the attractions with plenty of reasonably priced dining in the area if you do not want to dine in the hotel's excellent little bistro. The staff are friendly and extremely helpful. I will recommend this to anyone that I meet who is going to visit Prague.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us during your december trip to Prague. Thank you also for your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recommendation.

You are always welcome here!

I wish you marry Christmas and happy New Year!

Radka Římalová

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed for four nights at the end of November and would not hesitate to book again. The location while not adjacent to the main tourist sites is very convenient to Prague's excellent and inexpensive tram which gets you pretty much anywhere. This was made even easier by Paul at the front desk who went over and above to help us find our way. Paul also helped us arrange a car rental in Brno so we could explore Moravia's wine region. We had one very good dinner in the hotel's restaurant and several others in restaurants within very easy walking distance. We particularly liked "Knives and Forks" for very inexpensive but excellent meals. Whether this a 3-star or 4-star hotel is meaningless to me. It was clean, cozy, well-run, friendly, with a good location and a great staff at a very fair price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guests,

thank you thank you have chosen our hotel for your november stay in Prague. I appreciate your review. It was the pleasure of Paul to assist you during your stay. I am glad you liked the location.

I hope to welcome you here soon again.

Have a nice Christmas time and successful New Year!

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was our first visit to Prague and won't be our last. The hotel was perfect. The attention to detail by staff was excellent and the front desk staff were exceedingly helpful, advising on places to see in Prague. The warm welcome fire in the evenings was so inviting and the cleanliness of the hotel was excellent. Room was warm and inviting with tea, coffee facilities. The selection at breakfast was very good. Perfect location, only 10 minutes walk from Charles Bridge. Hotel arranged transfer from and to the airport. Your own personal late luggage compartment was great. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Prague.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your first stay in Prague. Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate that! Thank you for your recommendation, I am happy you liked location as well as provided services.

We are looking froward to your second stay!

Enjoy the Christmas time and I wish you successful New Year!

Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Absolutely amazing hotel at wonderful (even in winter!) city... I was charmed with this hotel since my first step to the lobby. Tongues of flame in the fireplace whispered me that it's the best accomodation for tired traveller...
First of all, there is absolutely charming member of staff here. I think everyone tried to do something extra their duty for every guest. And I belived them! I saw that it was sincerely.
The second, I always prefer to stay away the center of city and crowds of tourists. I got exectly that I want. The center of Prague is not so big and really not far away from the hotel. 10 minutes walk along Vltava and you are at The Charles Bridge. Add another 10 minutes and you are Staromestske square in front of mysterious Astronomical Clock.
If you prefer public transport, trams always ready to open its doors for everyone who can decide the puzzle with buying ticket in the ticket's machine. Anyway, if you aren't ready to waste your time the best decision is to ask ticket (wonderful word in Czech - 'ezdenka') at the front desk. Аnd Andel underground station is on the distance of 5 minites walk.
Interior design is very special things of hotel too. It has so many different but well selected things... You should have a look on the old bicycle at the first floor hall and knight's armour at the second!
If you flight is in the evening you could leave luggage in the individual (!!!) box at the basement.
There were electric kettle, cups and some tea bags, coffee and cookies in our room.
I strongly recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to live in atmosphere of real hospitality in so romatic city as Prague and of course I hope to come back here... may be next spring...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
HotelJulianPrague, Manager at Hotel Julian, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your winter Prague visit and stay with us. I appreciate your very nice review. I am so happy you were charmed with our hotel. We always try to do our best for all our guest, thank you for your praise. I am very glad you liked interior design and all provided services, thank you for your recommendation.

I hope to welcome you again next spring.

Have a nice Christmas and I wish you happy New Year!

Stowmarket
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. It's location is just great, easy walking distance to all places of interest but far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be quiet and peaceful. The decor and architecture is just lovely, spotlessly clean and full of nice little touches, from the artefacts on the staircases to the guest sitting room fitted out as a library complete with log fire. And if all that wasn't enough the staff were wonderful. Paul made us feel so welcome on our arrival and was really helpful with all our requests for information. The meals, both breakfast and dinner were really good, both in quality and in value for money. All these things added up to creating an atmosphere that was relaxed and welcoming - the closest I've ever come to feeling that I was "going home" in the evening after a day's sightseeing away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay at our hotel. I appreciate your time devoted to writing your nice review. I am happy our location was great for you and you liked all provided services. It was the plasure of Paul to be helpful for you, thank you for mentioning. I am very glad to read you had a feel you were going home.

You are always welcome here and hope we will see you soon again!

Enjoy Christmas and I wish you all the best for the year 2013!

Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is a lovely hotel - very individual and with a very high standard. Paul on the front desk made us very welcome, and also made lovely mulled wines for us to have in front of the fire.
Good selection at breakfast which really filled us up and also cakes and biscuits available all day in the lounge. Good position of the hotel with very little traffic noise and a delightful roof garden which we visited in the snow! Service in the restaurant was really good in the evening and good menu choice and the bedroom was spotless with very comfy bed. Cant wait to return again.

Dear guests,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel for your stay in Prague. I do appreciate your review, thank you very much for your nice comments. It was the pleasure of Paul and other staff to make your stay comfortable. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and all provided services.

We can´t wait to welcome you here again as well.

Have a nice Christmas and I wish you all the best for the year 2013!

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Convenient to the tram system, and only a short walk (10 - 15 minutes) to Charles Bridge, or to Wenceslas Square. Very friendly and helpful staff who assisted us with transportation and tour arrangements, tram tickets, postcard stamps, and advice. Clean, comfy room, quiet. What really made the place special was the staff-- especially the front desk.

Dear guests,

thank you very much for your stay with us and your time devoted to this review. Thank you very much for your nice words, especially for mentioning that our staff made our hotel special for you. I am happy that you liked the location and all provided services.

I hope to see you in the future again.

Have a nice Christmas and I wish you all the best for year 2013!

Radka Římalová

Been to Hotel Julian? Share your experiences!