“Ace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 663 Hotels in Prague
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

My wife and I have just returned from a two day break at the Hilton and cant praise the hotel enough, the best we've stayed in.

• Stayed March 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Jackson, Mississippi, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2006

Myself and two friends stayed at the Hilton Prague for two nights and were extremely impressed. It is a very nice hotel, with excellent service.

I am a Hilton Honors member and stayed on a points stay. Even though we weren't paying for the room, the staff still treated us like royalty. The executive lounge is very nice, with delicious desserts and drinks. The french toast that we had on our last morning there was the best I've ever had.

We had one king bed in the room, which two of us shared (with plenty of room to spare), and the sofa pulled out into a bed as well. The staff knew that we had three people in our party and already had the sofa bed pulled out for us, with extra linens! My friend on the sofa bed said that it was extremely comfortable, as was the king bed.

Consistent houskeeping and turndown service was great--a nice touch after we've spent an exhausting day exploring the city. Plus, the executive lounge is open late! Something we took advantage of for that much needed nightcap.

I've seen other people on here complain about the elevators. That is ridiculous. We never had to wait more than a minute for an elevator and there are definitely enough elevators to service the hotel. If you are going to name that as a problem with this hotel, then you're just looking for things to complain about!

If I absolutely HAD to give a minus to the hotel, I guess it would be that the in-room internet access is rather expensive. But that isn't even a problem, as the business center provides free internet access with a nice work area. It's been explained to me that commercial internet access in Prague is pricey and the hotel has no choice but to pass that on to the guests who really need it. Forget the Internet--explore Prague! It's a great city.

Certainly one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in. Pavlina and her staff are definitely to be commended for running a top notch hotel. They know how to take care of their guests! The Hilton Prague is at the top of my list.

John G.
Mississippi State, Mississippi

Belfast, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

Mu wife and I recently stayed in the Hilton Prague for our 10th anniversary celebrations. We usually stay in the local Hilton wherever we go so we thought we knew what to expect. Totally wrong! The Hilton Prague was absolutely superb! The staff were extremely helpful and polite, the hotel itself was spacious and airy and the executive room we got was immense!

I seriously couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough. From the duty manager being called as we were checking in as it was our anniversary, to the complementary champagne and flowers in our room on arrival, we were genuinely made to feel truly special. I can say that we will certainly be back to Prague and will definitely be back to the Prague Hilton. Congratulations to all concerned!

Please feel free to mail me if there is anything about the hotel you wish to know.

Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

From we arrived to the hotel we received excellent service!
Nice, friendly, serviceminded staff. Large, yummy breafkfast:o) Nice waiter in the restaurant asking if we had a plan for the day, if we needed help with i.e getting a map & so on. Great taxi service.
We`d love to go back here someday.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2006

My husband travels to Prague every other month for business. Our son and I have been with him 4 times. Twice we stayed at the Hilton. Last December we stayed at the Hilton with two friends. We enjoyed our stay - but because I was in the room during the day with our son (then 9 months.) the noise bugged me.

This month I decided to go with my husband again, even though I have found Prague a difficult city for toddlers he is now nearly 2 (great for young babies - as they sleep as you walk and eat!!) the Hilton is great for toddlers. Sooooo much space to run run run! and the cafe bistro works for putting baby in pram asleep while you enjoy a nice meal!

The pool is a bit cold - but that's prob because not many babies use it!!

I mentioned the construction and how it bothered me the first time - and the staff - namely Josef Mikulka, Assistant Front Desk Manager were very very kind to us. We had a room Far away from noise and the lift (the distance didn't bother us at all.) The noise didn't bother me one bit, and I was in the Hotel quite a bit during the day.

When I go back with my husband next time we will consider the Hilton again, if the prices are comparable.

p.s. the walk into town is about 10 ten minutes. For those with babies there is a pharamacy nearby with nappies, etc, a tiny food shop with drinks and milk and snacks, and a department store nearby.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
, Senior Duty Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, February 20, 2006
And here we have a beautiful example why I like to stay in touch with readers of Tripadvisor. Recently, I am writing to number of our future guests or just even possible clients, who still did not decide if they will come to stay with us. My position in the hotel is more reactive. Duty Managers are mostly dealing with the problems, complaints – more and less negative issues.
Thanks to Tripadvisor we are open to the bigger group of travelers, which they can contact us directly with their problems, requests or expectations about their future stay.
It is much easier to be prepared for someone if we know what he needs and what he is used to at home.
SO, PLEASE, WRITE US MORE AND MORE AND WE WILL TRY TO MAKE YOUR STAY UNFORGETTABLE.
Now there is a time to give you the update on the renovation works. After a year we have completed the renovation of the rooms on the Executive Floors and the Clubroom.
The next phase will start at the beginning of March and it will be located on the 5th and 6th floor. Half of the floor will be affected during that time. We are not expecting to start with renovation of any other part of the hotel. But I will keep you posted.

Northville, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2006

Please count on an extra 30 minutes for your stay, getting in and out of this place, so huge, only elevators on one side of a huge square, God forbid you forget something in your room! and all the rooms remind of cells, a business travelers prison. Way to big for me, that crushes all the charm out of this very beautiful old city, its a cross between corporate Hotelville,(The same plants, the same remote, same free coffee,etc..) and the former USSR, and you have to use your room key to activate the elevator for your floor. Everything was, clean, but the place was very sterile and annoying. Powder blue paint, in the the halls, white doors and bright flourescent lights, and 100 rooms I think per floor, again only accesible on one side.

Great for those huge bus tours though eating out of the buffet trough at night.

On my check out the manager asked for my voucher, which of course was in my room, even though I paid by CC. I told him, hey buddy thats a 20 minute trip back to the goulog, you go get it. I'm probably being to hard here, but you get my drift.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
To be honest, I had mixed feelings when reading this review. Anyway, what can we do with the problem?! Unfortunately the architects of the hotel did not think much regarding the lifts and the journeys to the rooms on the other side of the building. I am wondering if the client asked for a room move or not?! He would not be neither first nor last. I do not like the distance myself. Whenever I am doing the floor check – walking through all the guest corridors of all of the 8th floors, it takes me about 40 minutes.
It is possible that a lot of people does not like the architecture of the hotel compare to the Old City of Prague. However, it is very much up to each individual if they will like it or not.
Just wondering if this client has ever been in the former USSR…

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2006

Having to stay in prague on business for a few months, i was a little worried (having read previous reviews) that the building works would affect my stay... neednt have bothered, lovely hotel, great staff, and a very good concierge desk...

the spa is fantastic, full sized gym, nice pool, jacuzzi and spa

only thing that slightly annoyed me was in the exec lounge (which is the nicest ive ever seen in a hilton!) being a female traveller on my own, i dont like being asked in a room full of men what my room number is... please ask me to write it down, as the staff also tend to repeat it quite loudly!! only criticism otherwise i look forward to my next five weeks stay..

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Very valid comment about being discreet. It is actually one of the standards to point the room number and not disclosing it verbally. Please rest assured it has been shared with the responsible department head.