“Cloud 9 Sky Bar @ Hilton, Prague is FANTASTIC!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 30%
Ranked #135 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Horley, United Kingdom
“Cloud 9 Sky Bar @ Hilton, Prague is FANTASTIC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I often go to Prague for work, and this was my second visit to the Cloud 9 Sky Bar at The Hilton, and it was such a fantastic experience. The bar has a fantastic view of the city, great music, fantastic cocktails and great service.

I had the most amazing cocktail i have ever tasted "Pink Chevrolet" a champagne cocktail, which was truly delicious.

Our Bar man Tomas, was outstanding at his job, he was attentive, friendly and had a laugh. The cocktails he made us were deicious and i give him 10/10 for service.

I will definitely be going back on my next visit, and definitely recommend a visit!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you very much for such a nice feedback!

This was a pleasure to read about your great experience at the Cloud 9, especially about the service provided by Tomas. I would like to assure you that this was shared with entire team and that it is always a great motivator once any employee is recognized by the guest.

I am looking forward to welcome you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel again and to serve you “Pink Chevrolet” in the Cloud 9.

Sincerely Yours,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hilton is well located in Prague. It is equiped with excellent gym facilities including an indoor heated pool! Thinking it was autumn/winter, i gave my swimmers a skip!! The rooms are clean and neat as expected, athough it's kind of small. The train station is about 1 minute walk from the hotel (just behind the Hilton). Prague Old Town, where the astronomical clock is located is about 15 minutes walk from Hilton. Close by is also the Jewish quarter and the famous Parizska Street -where high end fashion is lined up.
Breakfast at the Hilton is sumptuos. Bacon and pork sausages with "soft boil eggs" done to perfection are the highlights.
Within walking distance, there are at least 2 excellent restaurants - Kolkovne which serves Czech and international cuisines and Chagall's Club Restaurant which offers a variety of Czech and international cuisines too.
One can also find the Billa supermarket and 2 others are conveniently located near the hotel.
Overall, its a good business hotel which is suitable for couples and solo travellers too. For families, space may be tight as rooms are relatively small.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the river have a nice view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GM_HiltonPrague, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear Adventuredino,

Allow me to thank you for your stay in our hotel and for sharing your nice review.

I was happy to read, that you remained satisfied with our facilities, especially with our gym and pool, and with the breakfast we serve; I will be delighted to share your great feedback about the bacon, the pork sausages and the soft boiled eggs with our chef.

Looking forward to welcome you back at the Hilton Prague Hotel in the near future,

Irina Maizlish
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is my first stay at a Hilton Hotel (2 nights). The room was adequate and had a so-so view of a highway. It was also very near the ice-maker. The hotel location is not too good, quite a distance to the Old town.

Having said that, the breakfast which opens at 6am was excellent. Aside from the usual omelet, bread and coffee some special stuff was offered, namely lean bacon, ham, various cheese, pate, mushrooms, fresh fruits, various yoghurt and even granola bars. You might even spot a food server who has a striking resemblance of the star of "The Hunger Games."

I also strongly recommend that guests should use the indoor pool or hot tub in order to soothe your aching muscles after a full day of walking in chilly Prague. There is also a fully equipped gym and sauna.

When we were about to check out on our way to Brno, we had another surprise because our luggage was "taken" by a porter who could be Liam Neeson's "twin" brother.
He will surely get the job done and put your things on the bus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear GreenThumb331,

Thank you for your stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel during your visit of Prague and thank you very much for your review.

With great pleasure I read, that you very much enjoyed the breakfast we serve and the facilities in our Cybex Health Club & Spa.

Moreover, it was great to note, that our “Liam Neeson” could assist you with the luggage .

I am sending you my greetings on behalf of all the Hilton Prague Team and looking forward to hosting you again in our property.

Irina Maizlish
Callicoon, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Hotel was typical Hilton. Fine and good. But nothing outstanding. And the location is awful. Walking anywhere was a chore. You really needed to hike to get to any points of interest. Buffet breakfast was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear paulvilla,

Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Prague Hotel and for your reply here on the Tripadvisor.

I was happy to learn that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast we serve in the Atrium Restaurant.

Nevertheless, concerning your comment to location, please allow me to mention that there is a metro stop along with the bus and tram stop located just 3 minutes from the hotel, therefore it is very easy to get anywhere in the city relatively quickly. Moreover, the hotel is located in the quiet part of Prague with all the facilities you might need; et. shopping mall, pharmacy, restaurants.

Thank you for your comment again and would you like to come back, please feel free to contact me on DutyManager.Prague@hilton.com and I will be happy to assist you with the transportation.

Sincerely Yours,
Guest Relation Manager
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here and I would say that it was amazing! What a wonderful hotel!!!!
Not far from the subway, Florenc, 2min walking. Breakfast just like at the other Hilton in Prague but a little big bigger. You won't leave the breakfast room hungry!!!
Everything was so perfect even for one night.
And kindness from everyone made me feel so welcome!

• Stayed November 2012
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Kisstherain87,

Thank you for sharing your review about the Hilton Prague Hotel here on the Tripadvisor.

I was very glad to read, that overall you enjoyed our facilities and service

It is the permanent goal of the entire Hilton Prague Team to make our guest feel most welcome and comfortable in our hotel therefore it is a great appreciation for all of us when receiving a comment such as yours, calling your stay “perfect”.

I am looking forward to hosting you in our property in the future. Feel free to contact me on dutymanager.prague@hilton.com prior to your next stay with us, and I would be delighted to arrange everything according to your preferences.

Sending you my kindest regards,

Christoph Puschmann
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Hotel is a standard Hilton style establishment, in an average location. Service was good but really need to have better wifi for the cost.... iPad barely worked from room and ended up in the lobby most of the time.... Still waiting for Hhonors points 8 months later

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Martin M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear MoKad,

It is a pleasure to note that you enjoyed the service provided by our team members!
However, concerning the Wi-Fi connection, please allow me to mention that we have a complimentary connection in all public areas. In the guest rooms there is a paid fast connection 2048 kb/s; Therefore I would like to kindly ask you what room were you staying in so our technicians can follow up.

Moreover, in regards to Hilton HHonors points, please send me some information (First name, Last name and date) and I will investigate. The email address is DutyManager.Prague@hilton.com

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

From Check-in to Check-out, a fantastic experience. The open lobby is absolutely beautiful, the front desk staff could not have been more welcoming or more pleasant! I decided on a smoking room (husband does not smoke) which normally I never do. Sonya at desk told us if the room had an odor, please let her know and she would find us different room. Sure enough, she called when we got to the room to make sure we were happy with the room!
Our room on the 8th (Executive) floor was very nice. Now let me tell you about the Executive Lounge- which is by far, the best I have ever been in! Food, beverage, staff were all great. The breakfast was also a hit, the best I have had.
We arrived late evening and were told of the 5 restaurants in hotel, the "Cafe" was open 24 hours. Our meal in the cafe was wonderful! We also dined at CZECHOUSE GRILL, which was wonderful.
Now, about Cloud 9 Sky Bar: the drinks were different and delicious, atmosphere beautiful However the best was the staff, Marek and Terezie!! They made us feel like old friends. What a credit to Hilton these 2 young people are.
You can easily walk to Old Town from here to see some of the wonder of Prague. We found the people friendly and most places reasonable. We took a tour part bus, but mostly walking.
Prague is a wonderful city, we will definitely return here.
We will also most definitely return to the Hilton Prague, where the staff here is overall one of the best we have experienced..

Room Tip: Corner rooms a bit larger, but definitely upgrade to executive floor(s)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Christoph P, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Prague, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Traveller,

I was very happy to read your fabulous experience report about your stay at the Hilton Prague Hotel.

It was a pleasure for me and the entire team to learn that you remained highly satisfied with all our services, especially with our front desk staff, Executive Lounge team members as well as Marek and Tereza from Cloud 9. Brilliant comments such as yours motivates our team to do their best and to provide you with the most welcoming service.

Furthermore I will be more than happy to share your great feedback about our breakfast, as well as the dining experience at Czech House and Café Bistro with all team members.

Thank you again for your praise of our team members and their performances and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our property in order to enjoy another stay with us.

Truly Yours,