“An unforgetable experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Harmony

Save Saved
You added Hotel Harmony to your Saves list
Hotel Harmony
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Na Porici 31 | Praha 1, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Praha 1)   |
Ranked #230 of 668 hotels in Prague
Portugal
“An unforgetable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband, my teenage daughter and I spent eight wonderful days in the beautiful city of Prague.
We stayed at Hotel Harmony and we will strongly recommended it to our family and all our friends.

The hotel is close to all the main hotspots so you easily walk everywhere. Palladium (shopping centre) is just a couple of metres away, Florenc station (metro and bus station) is literally down the road and a tram station and a supermarket is opposite the entrance door.

The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable. For a three star hotel the breakfast is excellent.
.Everyone that works there is nice and very friendly and are always ready to help.

We will go back and Hotel Harmony will always be our first chooice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lubos B, Manager at Hotel Harmony, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to post your lovely review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at hotel Harmony.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Warm regards
Lubos Bernat

290 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wellingon New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

For the past 15 years, my wife and I have traveled the world, and have made our own booking via internet looking for, the sites nearest to the main transport , the cities, and of course the tariffs, we chose Hotel Harmony for our 5 day stay in Prague and were more than pleased with the service given by the hotel and in particular Hankaerika who operates the reception area, we had a particular problem and this very fine staff member fixed that in very short order and without hesitation. During our stay all staff were very friendly. We very much recommend Hotel Harmony. J and J Hibbs, New Zealand

Room Tip: We suggest that a room at the rear, any floor, would be best
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

If I had to decide to come to this hotel deciding just on the reviews I read here, I would say this hotel has everything you need for a pleasant stay in Prague.
Now that I am a guest, the perspective changes drastically.
I came on a short business trip but wanted to be close to the town center in case I had some time for sightseeing. In fact, the location is very good: close to the metro and the city center. That's about it. Everything else is mediocre.
The hotel is old, which can be seen even from the outside. Very grey and not at all appealing. Well, looks can be deceiving - not this time. The inside is even worse; wooden furniture worn out, armchairs old fashioned. Not even the friendliness of the staff helps.
The single room I was staying at was very small, but had everything I needed, including the minibar. The phone was not working, the closed door couldn't close properly, and the door could be open even from the outside if you don't use the key to lock it. And if I forget?!?!
Breakfast was ok, but I ended up eating the same thing all three days. The last morning I did want to taste something different, yogurt looked nice, that is until I noticed two fine black hair in it.
Overall, I should have searched better to find a more suitable accommodation.

• Stayed May 2013
La Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Arrived in Prague a day early for a 10 day Danube river trip with a 3 day extension in Prague. Although we had 3 nights reserved at the Old Town Hilton, we didn't want to spent $250 euros on an extra night. Just around the corner we found the Hotel Harmony. For $55 euros we got a huge room with a view, a friendly staff, and a great breakfast. Plus free Wi-Fi which the Hilton charge $20 a day for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Don't expect the Ritz, and you will be more than satisfied with this centrally located option. First and foremost if you are looking for a city center haunt within a normal I'm-not-going-to-break-the-bank level budget, then this hotel hits the spot; added to that, it is clean, safe and staffed by friendly English speaking employees 24hrs a day. The breakfast is plentiful and varied, if un-gourmet and pig-laden. A super-critical observer might blog that the wi-fi cut out sporadically, there was only Luke-warm water past mid-day and the decor of the room was basic; personally, I didn't mind these things and don't prioritise or demand hotel splendor on a city break - after all, I was there to see the beautiful city, not the room. It's only right, however, to end on the most impressive factor: the gent on reception noticed that it was my girlfriend's birthday when checking our passports; when we returned to the room that night we found a complimentary bottle of [very nice] Czech white wine waiting for us next to a birthday card. Nicely done, sir.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Very good 3 star hotel in good location to the old square and transport (metro and trams). It's a short walk to the largest and newest shopping centre- The Palladium.
We were there over the Easter period and there were 2 front desk staff that went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The price for washing our clothes seemed bery cheap but the bill was 8 times more expensive when it was returned. There were lots of charges added that were not clear- the day staff member looked into it for us (wish we got her name as she was always very helpful!) and got the bill reduced a little for us which we appreciated. There is not a lot of facilities to do your own washing in prague so just be very clear on costs of washing through the hotel (the hotel had a third party collect the washing so it was not them charging us directly). There was a man at the desk who would make us cups of tea anytime of the day or night and went out if his way to be helpful. Breakfast was adequate with a small selection of hot food, bread, cheese, cold meats, cheese, salads.
The shower had instant hot water.
We booked a triple room. We stayed in 2 different rooms for our stay. The first was a double with an portable bed put in and the second was a true triple room with 3 single beds. The beds were firm but for us the ?down European pillows were not overly comfortable.
We slept in many mornings as we were out late and the cleaners did not come back later to clean our room so over 7 nights our room was only made up 3 times.
The second room we stayed in faced on the main road which was much noisier than the previous room towards the back of the hotel. This was not an issue
Overall our stay was really good and we would return again.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel has a great location, and is just a 15-minute walk from both Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. It located in Na Poříčí street, with easy and quick access to the main bus terminal Florenc on one end, and the major "Palladium" shopping centre and Republic Square (and metro station) on the other. The street is also lined with handy shops to make sure you never go hungry, including a Lidl supermarket and a KFC, and the rooms are equipped with fridges so there is possibility of storing some food.

The staff were polite and available 24/7 (the hotel is locked at midnight but the receptionist is available at any hour to let you in, even 5am as I've tested myself). The rooms are clean and the single room I booked was very spacious and came with a double bed, so they make sure you are comfortable too. Breakfast is included in the price and is fairly average, with a decent choice of teas and juice. The free wi-fi was reliable.

The downsides were no safe in the room and only one English channel on the outdated TV (CNN). However, a safe can be rented from reception for a daily fee. I booked through booking.com and asked for a street view on a higher floor, I got a back view on the 4th floor, I didn't complain as I thought I might as well not risk the noise factor of the trams in the street but if a view or other special requirements are important to you, you might want to raise them at check-in rather than go through the booking website as they may disregard those comments. Overall, for the price range, this hotel more than delivers.

Room Tip: Room higher up with back view is quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Harmony? Share your experiences!