We stayed at the Golden Star from 25th to 27th April for a weekend city break. We loved the hotel which is in an absolute perfect location by the walls of Prague Castle. We upgraded to a deluxe room, no 35 on the third floor and had an amazing view over the red roofs and spires of the city. Arriving early we took the opportunity to explore the Castle and Cathedral a shot walk away so off to a flying start on our whistle stop tour of the sights. We enjoyed the choice of hot and cold buffet breakfast and especially the Cava which you could help yourself to. Our thanks to all the staff who were extremely helpful with booking tours, providing information and ordering taxi transfers.
The hotel has a charming decked area in the front where you could relax, eat or just sample the ice cold beer while watching the world go by. The hotel is at the top of a steep hill but not as bad as we expected and plenty of bars and restaurants around and shops to stop off along the way. It's really not too
far from the city centre across the bridge but felt much quieter in the evening so suited us perfectly. We found It easy to get around the city and all the top sights are in walking distance. A must see is The Jewish Quater with its moving cemetery. We took the Jazz boat one evening for a lovely dinner, live music and an opportunity to enjoy the city's beautiful buildings lit up at night.
A wonderful break at the Golden Star - we will definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Golden Star is located in a magnificent baroque building right underneath the Prague Castle. It offers an unforgettable view of Malá Strana (Lesser Side), the Prague Castle and the Old Town. Its staircase, which is 270 years old, and richly decorated ceilings contribute to the hotel’s antique atmosphere. All rooms are equipped with historical furniture and have free Internet access. Rooms look over Malá Strana (Lesser Side), the Royal Route, Prague Castle or the Old Town. You will reach the Charles Bridge and the Old Town by taking a short walk through the enchanting historical centre of Prague. You will be served a choice of typically Czech as well as international cuisine in a restaurant with an antique vaulted ceiling. Breakfast is served in the form of rich hot buffet. A limited number of parking places is available directly in front of the hotel. You can use free Internet spot in the lobby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Golden Star (Zlata Hvezda) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Star (Zlata Hvezda) Hotel Prague
- Golden Star Zlata Hvezda Prague