“terrible.just dont stay there.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Florenc
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krizikova 11, Prague 18600, Czech Republic (Praha 8)   |
Ranked #472 of 662 Hotels in Prague
spain
“terrible.just dont stay there.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

We ve just come back from a week in prague and the only thing that made our trip terrible was this hotel.In general because I also work in the hotel industry I m very patient with everything but this was a really bad experience.As said we stayed in this hotel for a week.They didnt even bother to change the bed sheets not even after we told them so.(the receptionist didnt even know what ''sheet'' means!!)The room was exactly what we describe as basic.(basic= bed, bathroom)Not even a small painting on the wall,nothing.Besides the dirtyness of the room the other thing that bother me was the breakfast.Except from being the most basic breakfast I ve ever seen the dirtyness was there too.We were trying to find a clean cup to drink coffee!!We only ate twice.
It is true that we chose this hotel because it close to the city center and it was really cheap.But now that I now why I wish I could stay elsewhere even if I had to pay some extra money.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Crowborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

A modest but super hotel for a couple of nights with helpful and friendly staff. The hotel is in a convenient part of the city only 100 metres from the metro and bus station. Breakfast is taken in an adjacent restaurant, plenty of choice but do take your own teabags as theirs is mainly floral tea. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable but with very poor towels and the bathroom was only adequate with a toilet that did not evacuate it's contents properly. We ate in the restaurant both nights, very good food, and local wine and beer, excellent value for money with lots of lively local people which gave it some atmosphere. The stunning receptionists and pleasant guy in reception were great, all of them most helpful and this is the great strength of the hotel, they even printed my BA boarding pass and arranged excellent transport to the airpot for 200 crowns per person, although the airport is easily reached by metro and bus. Super hotel for a short stay, and a good mix of young and old patrons, some back packers also as the hotel was very reasonable in price. Although we are in our mid 70s we do not always enjoy the company of elderly "crinklies", good to be around in the presence of young and lively locals, well done Florenc!!.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

Me and my partner stayed in Hotel Florenc only for one night. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and pretty big. We got fresh towels and nicely smelling linens. The buffet breakfast was delicious. The hotel was located in a great location, so close to a bus and underground station. This hotel is great for guests looking for value location and simplicity. I really enjoyed my stay in Hotel Florenc and I can highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

Was really impressed with the hotel, fab location, friendly staff and great service.

We emailed the hotel prior to the visit to inform them that we would be arriving quite late due to a late flight, they responded by saying that they would send a taxi to the airport for a reasonable price. Even though we were delayed an hour the taxi guy was standing in arrivals waiting for us. The hotel also booked us a taxi to get back to the airport.

Room was lovely and clean and there was plenty of space. Clean towels were left when we left ours on the floor by the door. Breakfast was good, plenty of different things to eat.

The hotel was a fantastic base to explore the city. If I ever go back to Prague I would definately go back to this hotel.

• Liked — Location and friendliness of staff
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Leicester England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

This hotel, like other reviews, is warm and comfortable - the staff are helpful but no overly friendly. There are no tea / coffee facilities in room, so suggest you take your own - milk is a problem as no fridge. Our towels / bed linen were not changed in 5 days, however room service was daily.

Breakfasts are in the small bar adjacent to hotel, you don't have to go outside (just) and they are very Czech, cold meat, cold boiled eggs, sausages, cheese they do have a toaster which is shared between guests + cereal - take your own tea bags if you like English tea they prefer fruit teas but coffee is available and squash.

Metro is yards away but walking is at least 15 mins to Square Republic almost centre near Old Square.

Overall enjoyed our stay in Prague with the impressive places to visit and the Florenc was good value for money.

• Liked — The room was warm and adequately comfortable
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
west country
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

My husband and I have just returned from 4 nights stay at the hotel Florenc. I have often taken negative reviews with "a pinch of salt" on this site and whilst the Florenc is comparatively cheap for Prague and within walking distance I would not recommend it.
We changed rooms immediatly on arrival firstly being allocated a room on the 1st floor directly overlooking the main road which was very noisy, the room was dark and depressing and very very dated in decor with a dirty carpet and paint peeling on the walls. The hotel reception then gave us a key to another room which was slightly better with a double bed rather than single beds as per the first room however there was only one pillow and a single quilt. Reception told us to take the towels from the first room ( which were very small and rough and threadbear) I also took a pillow otherwise we would have only had the one to share, luckily there was a spare quilt in the wardrobe of the second room which they did put a cover on after the first night but basically we had 2 single covers which would have been less then 2" thick so not very comfortable on a cold night. The room was either uncomforably hot or unbearably cold and the heating seemed to be erratic so we could not get the temperature right. The carpet was very dirty and warn in both bedrooms we saw and although the second room had a much better bedroom the bathroom was still very basic and also had mould and damp on the walls.
We didnt bother with breakfast as it looked very bland and simple ie boiled eggs and ham which is served in a bar next door to the hotel. We did have a drink in the evening in the bar which was pleasant enough although very basic and old fashioned, it was cheap for drinks and the food was cheap although we didnt eat in there, there was alot of locals using the bar and as they all seemed to smoke which did become abit overwhelming after a while.
The hotel does have quiet a good location, a very short distance from Florenc metro station - we caught the bus then the metro in from the airport and this worked well both ways costing less than a £1 each person each way, the journey took about 45 mins.
From the Florenc you could walk to the Astronomical clock in the old town square in just about 10 mins, we walked back from Charles Bridge one night via the old square and at an average pace and it took about 35 mins but it is in pleasant surroundings. The metro is easy enough to use and very very cheap although once we got our bearings we walked.
I didnt find Prague to be as cheap as people lead you to believe ie food and drink with most places charging £8 -£10 for a main course and you need to be very careful as we were short changed a couple of times and overcharged a couple of times - other people also mentioned this, then when you try and point this out suddenly they cant speak any english! I felt they thought that tourists were an easy target. Some places you could get a beer for about £1 a pint but there were also expensive places, we had a beer and a diet coke in the Irish bar in the square in the old town and got charge nearly £7 for the 2 drinks, this was about the same price as the cafes that line the square, which you would expect to be more expensive because of their location but that is a considerable mark up on the more traditional czech bars.
Most tourist attractions ie the Castle or the Jewish Quater seemed to charge about £11 per person entracnce fee. We did climb the Petrin Tower at the top of the hill past the Castle and the views are spectacular, be warned there are 300 steps up to the top but its worth it for the view.
Prague is very pretty but also compact enough to see most of the main sights in 2 days if you are prepared to walk around which is the best way to see everything there anyway.
Be careful with what you are being charged in bars and restaurants and check your change! I have travelled alot and work in travel so I am not niave but have never come across anything so blatant anywhere else in the world I have been.
Prague is worth a visit but I would have preferred to stay in a different hotel that doesnt necessarily need to be within walking distance of the sights as the public transport system is so good anyway, wrap up warm in the winter as it gets very very cold.
Feel free to ask me any questions, have a nice trip

• Liked — Location was ok
  • Disliked — standard of cleanliness and decor
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2007

I found the hotel through tripadvisor. I checked like 50 hotels before I found the best quality/price.
This is a very nice hotel. First of all, it's in a perfect position. It's 20 steps from the Florenc metro station and like 50 meters from the tram stations leading to the center of the town. Also, the center of the town is like a 20-30 minutes walk.
It's very clean, the rooms were very hot and spacious. We had no problem at all. Very quiet as well. TV had 6 channels, most of them in chech, but also they had bbc news and eurosport.
The breakfast was ok. Not too great, but it's the best you can get with this price.
We stayed there for more than a week. They changed sheets and towels every 2-3 days.
The reception were very kind and very helpful. They were eager to find and print out any information we needed regarding out trip. And they were speaking adequate english.
If I ever go to Prague again, I'd definitely try to book there first.

• Liked — Its location
  • Disliked — That I arrived early in the morning, but I had to wait till 2p.m. to check in.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)