“Clean rooms, clean towels everyday, basic breakfast, bathroom is clean, hot shower. Only 10 to 15 mins walking to the center.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Florenc

Save Saved
You added Hotel Florenc to your Saves list
Hotel Florenc
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Krizikova 11 | Praha 8, Prague 18600, Czech Republic (Praha 8)   |
Ranked #461 of 668 hotels in Prague
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We spent at the hotel 6 nights. Overall very nice stay. Very close to the Old Town/Center of the city. We had room number 404, it faces the back so it was very quiet, but we didn't spent time there during the day. The room was clean, the shower was clean as well. In order to get hot water we needed to run it sometimes for a few minutes, but not always, they told me the boiler is in the basement and sometimes when no one is using hot water it takes time to get to the room.
Breakfast was basic, but that's what you get in these types of hotels, so we expected and didn't mind that at all.
The reason I chose this hotel is because of its price and the location.
Reception staff at the hotel is not very communicative, I don't know if it is because of the language barrier or the Czech culture, but they're very nice. The person who handled our reservation is named Marketa, and she was very nice.

• Stayed September 2012

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Nove Zamky, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed only one night (visit the musical) and I was completely satisfied. The hotel is within walking distance from the city center. The rooms and the whole hotel is clean. The staff is nice and willing to help. Breakfast is proportional to the 3*** hotel. I recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tychy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

I'm not sure if I should reccommend because then there will be no place for me when I want to visit next time :)) ...just kidding of course :)) well, it's very good hotel indeed for those who do not want to spend too much but still like to stay in the center . Prague in my opinion is one of the best cities in Europe therfore anyway you will not be willing to spend too much time in your hotelroom and from this perspective this hotel is a great choice- it is clean, rooms are big, located in a foot distance from the strict center. Breakfast is included in the price and is good enough :) I will definitelly come back to ths hotel especially off season when it is not so crowded and prague is beatifull all year round :))

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, paying around 60€ per night. It's absolutely basic, but was clean and is in a good location. The only serious complaint I had, given the price, were the beds - the mattresses are not friendly to the human body. Some people don't care about such things, I do. The breakfast is pretty good, better than some much more expensive hotels I have been in. The wifi for 10€/3 days was not terribly fast, but came through for the 2 hours I needed it one morning for a webinar - no problems with sound or vision.

If I owned this hotel I would seriously replace the mattresses - even standard foam would be better - and it's not expensive to do that.

Don't go here if you want to spend hours enjoying the hotel room - spend €150/night and go 4-star or 5-star. If you are immune to not being in a 5-star cocoon and want to spend your money instead on the real wonders of Prague, this might work for you.

I would have given 3 stars if the beds had just been comfortable...

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the main street are available.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I'm studying abroad in Prague and our apartment building wasn't ready for the first week of the program, so we were put up in this hotel. Most of the people who were stuck in the Hotel were forced to sleep two to a bed, even though we were told that everyone would get their own bed. Luckily my room had two beds. The rooms were small and cramped, with no character or any exciting elements. The beds were lumpy and very hard to sleep on, and the pillows and blankets were far from adequate to even cover a person. Hot water ran out in the shower after about 5-8 minutes, meaning the second person to shower had do so with cold water. The towels were small, thin, and ratty. I think our room was cleaned maybe 3 or 4 times for the week we stayed there, which was unacceptable, even for a budget hotel such as this. I didn't find the reception to be unfriendly, but that may be because I did not interact with them. And you have to pay for Wi-Fi, which was slow and laggy.

The location of the hotel is OK, it's about a fifteen minute walk to Old Town Square. However, if you know how to use the metro there is a station on the same street which is convenient. The included breakfast was the best feature of the hotel: A good selection of sausage, fruit, cheese, bread, and eggs, along with coffee, tea, and watered down orange juice. It is also next door to one of the best restaurants in Prague.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, even extreme budget travelers. There are cheaper and better quality accommodations in the city that are also in more convenient locations.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We were given the room 310 which looks terrible, with pregnant chloride smell of the bathroom, broken window glass which cannot stop the noise from the busy street, dirty carpet and dirty bed sheets.
Although we paid in advance for 2 nights, we left after the first night.
Front desk lady suggested me to talk to the manager because he never belives her information about very often customer complaints.

Leonard ILINCANU
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Co Durham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

If you are looking for anything other than basic then book elswhere!!! We booked with friends through Booking.com paid and confirmed 2 double rooms 6 weeks in advance, but arrived to be offered a room for 4 to share, staff couldnt figure out why we were not happy ??? . We are pretty close to our frieds but def dont want to share room with them. Booking.com were less than usless and left it to hotel staff to sort another room. Busy easter weekend so took 5 hours to find and was other side of city, (very nice though Praga 1885). We were back in Florenc next night , stayed in room 400, atttic room with velux window, was ok, comfortable bed, shower worked, carpet was pretty grim though. Was woken at 4 in the morning by pidgeons in the attick space next door, they scrabbled about and co'ed until I gave up and went for breakfast. Breakfast was about as good as you get pretty much anywhere in Prague (moderate). Staff (Adam) did appear to try their best under diffficult circumstances,, and his efforts were appreciated. We not very likely to staye here again

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Florenc? Share your experiences!