“Pleasant stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Esplanade Prague

You added Hotel Esplanade Prague to your Saves list
Hotel Esplanade Prague
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Washingtonova 1600/19, Prague 110 00, Czech Republic (Nove Mesto (New Town))   |
Ranked #186 of 662 Hotels in Prague
“Pleasant stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice hotel,nice reception. The location is quite good and near the main station. Walking around we can see many currency exchanges for tourists which are really convenient. Also near the hotel, there is the national museum and the main street of the city where people can buy all they want, especially the cristal. In the hotel, the room is big enough for us and we had a pleasant stay. The breakfast includes many drinks and food. The reception people are kind to help.

Room Tip: We choose a suite for 4 persons and the room is quite big with two sofa beds.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.

I was delighted to read that our facilities exceeded your expectations and that you found our Front Desk team nice and helpful.
We are lucky to be a city centre property conveniently located for local attractions, shopping areas, and I feel that our location is certainly a special key factor.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

With best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We have stayed there for several nights and what I can fully confirm - it is not 5 star hotel! I would say not more than solid 3 stars.

The first room we were offered was a nightmare, so we asked for change and a better room followed.

The breakfast choice is poor - definitely not suitable for a 5 star hotel.

I would not prefer to stay there next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent visit.

I was very disappointed to hear that design of our hotel is not preferred by you. Our hotel was established in 1927 and it has this typical old style and fully renovated in 2008. Our standard double room is 25 m², single room 18m², triple room 28m² and junior suite 35m².

I will follow up on your comment regarding the breakfast with F&B manager.

If you would like to give us another chance in the future, please let me know as well, as we have range of room types available from standard to suites with larger bathrooms and additional amenities.

Kind regards,

Miroslava Kovacikova
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is located in the centre, yes, but next time I will choose a hotel located at the other end of the Vaclavske namesti. Metro station is just around the corner but if you are determined to walk everywhere then trodding along the long Vaclavske namesti several times to get to must-see-places can be tiresome. On the contrary what you could imagine based on the posh looks this hotel has really lovely kind of a "family-run" hotel atmosphere. We enjoyed our stay due to friendly staff, clean and fresh room and delicious breakfast buffet. Especially the bed was exceptionally luxurious with crisp pillows and duvets. The bathroom was spacious but I would enjoy my shower more, if I had a bath curtain... We only had one meal at the hotel's restaurant but based on that I can warmly recommend the place: they served the best (veal) wienerschnitzel I've ever had. Also, they have a selection of wines from a local producer amongst which we found our favourite after tasting some of them. During our stay in Praque we noticed that by all means not all wines from the same producer are that great and finding a wine that suits your taste usually requires tasting a couple of different kinds, so don't give up on first one... Summa summarum, the only fact that lowers the grade of this hotel from Excellent to Very Good is the location that is not as central as it could be.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and very nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations, and that you found our Front Desk and Concierge team nice and helpful, and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and food in our Restaurant.

Kindest regards from Prague,

Miroslava Kovacikova
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone unless you wanna get robbed. Im native Czech and I wanted to show my partner how beautiful Prague is. We stayed at this hotel at the start of our Euro Trip. On our first night, we forgot to lock the door to our room and that was a huge mistake because while we slept, someone actually entered our room and stole my boyfriend's wallet which was on his night table!!!! We woke up with a nasty surprise. And not only did we get robbed, we were treated as liars, the manager wouldnt even come and talk to us and the police officer wasnt helpful at all. It was a very upsetting situation. After reading this, if you still decide to stay at this hotel, make sure you use a safe!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear KATKA22000,

First of all, let me thank you for the time you have taken to write about your recent stay with us.

I was sad to learn that we were not able to meet with your expectations and as such would like to ask that you contact me directly as you mentioned that there are still some outstanding points that have yet to be resolved. My e-mail address is esplanade@esplanade.cz.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback.

With best regards,

Eva Rozkova
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I found this hotel very good and can recommend it to anyone travelling by train. Excellent location hear the Prague main railway station. My room was very cousy with flat TV screen and nice bathroom.
The satff was very friendly and helpful. I noticed that the French restaurant in hotel had a dinner offer for each day, too bad I had other appointement and was not able to take this advantage. The breakfast was very good!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tuoppi49,

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your experience with us and I hope to welcome you back very soon!

With Kind regards,
Eva Rozkova
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This comfortable and beautifully decorated hotel offers the best service both at the reception, in the bar and restaurant. The restaurant provides guests with great food and good offers on three course meals.
The employees are extremely courteous and obliging.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Hotel_Esplanade_CZ, Director of Sales at Hotel Esplanade Prague, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Stig,

Thank you very much for your comments We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your experience.

It is always our goal to deliver great and excellent service to all our guests and we hope to welcome you once again here at the Esplanade Prague.

We will definitely share your feedback to the rest of my colleagues.

Thank you once again for your great feedback!

Best Regards,