“Good Conference Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #150 of 663 Hotels in Prague
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good Conference Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed for a conference in the adjoining Congress Centre - a late check-in was quick and efficient and throughout my stay the staff were without exception responsive and helpful.

The room was comfortable and whilst I didn't really suffer from excessive heat, I can see why some people have cited this as an issue. I tried to leave my window open several times and every time a gust of wind would force it shut!

I had a problem with the room safe early on morning and someone arrived at the room within minutes of my request for assistance and resolved the issue easily.

The only area for improvement (from a conference-goer's perspective) would be in the bar area - the bar is very small and service, whilst friendly, was somewhat slow. Given the common habits of conference-goers, a larger bar with a quicker turnaround would surely be a money-spinner.

So overall, if I were at the Congress Centre again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JonathanPace, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you had a good conference at the Congress Centre next door.

I have also taken note of the comment related to the bar and will work with my team to improve on the efficiency of the service.

We hope to see you back in Prague and at our hotel. Should you need some assistance with the booking next time, please do contact me on jonathan.pace@corinthia.com

Jonathan Pace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

no way for this hotel to position itself as a 5-star hotel. I would give 3+ max. awful highway view from my room. the hotel definitely needs a solid reconstruction. everything looks cheap and sad. very disapointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Good evening and thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that your experience with us was not to your entire satisfaction. We acknowledge that you can see one of the main roads passing through the city. This is unavoidable however you can also see the entire city of Prague from almost every room in the hotel. I would also like to advise that we have several room types with different décor. Our room styles are all available on our website and I would be happy to guide you choose one to suit your taste on your next visit, should you give us another try.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a three night stay here in April 2014 (room 420). The hotel is modern, placed on the opposite side of a busy highway to the city conference centre. For this reason it is a sensible destination for someone attending a conference there, though in fact to get to the conference centre you have to walk up a flight of stairs and then cross a further road bridge to get across a motorway, so it is a touch less convenient than it may appear. Oddly there is no exit at that level from the hotel, though it would appear easy for them to just add a door. On the positive side, the hotel is very well placed for the subway, literally a minute walk from the hotel door to the subway station, which is just two stops into central Prague. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, though the shower seemed to alternate between boiling and freezing, and was difficult to adjust due to its position in a bath with the controls at the far end; the bath also had no slipmat, which seems an odd omission. I could only find one spare electrical socket in the room, this placed at the back of the wardrobe, so recharging a phone or camera means crawling around on the floor. Surely these days hotels shold provide multiple sockets at desk level? There was at least a good directed bedside light. Staff were polite though not particularly proactive in my experience. Overall this was a decent enough place, but as a tourist it is a little out of the way (though well placed for the metro) and as a business hotel it was a little outdated e.g. the lack of accessible electrical sockets. One positive is that the wifi worked well.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr Hayler

Good evening and thank you for your comprehensive review. I am glad that you have enjoyed our hotel services in general. I have also taken note of the suggestion relating to the power sockets.

We do hope to see you back again in Prague. I noticed that you are registered in London. We do have our flagship property there, which is rated amongst the very best in this vibrant city. I do recommend that you try it our if you are on business. Should you need any assistance with placing a booking, please let me know

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed here for over 2 weeks and it was excellent. Comfortable rooms, excellent helpful staff and a good breakfast spread. Because of my extended stay the hotel was generous enough to offer us a free massage and a complimentary wine and fruit basket for my wife's birthday. The concierge was always very helpful in giving us guidance and assisting when needed.
The restaurants was ok but nothing to shout about but with the hotel just next to train station prague is within your grasp. You can get to anywhere in prague within 30 mins. Great place to stay!

Room Tip: higher up for a great view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you have enjoyed your long stay with us. I will also pass on your comments to our concierge team

We hope to see you back in this beautiful city and at our hotel

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

A very comfortable and welcoming hotel. The facilities are excellent, breakfast very good and the bar and coffee lounge also spot on. The only issue we had was the room heat which was too warm at night. All in all though a very good hotel and very well located immediately adjacent to a metro station - just a couple of stops from the heart of the City itself.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Greetings from Prague! Thank you for your review. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also take note on the heating which should be sorted now. We had a relatively warm spring this time round which is abnormal for this time of the year. We have now switched to cooling and have already started enjoying the warm sunny days

Please let us know if you will be back in Prague. It will be our pleasure to have you back with us

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

It is not located near the historic district. The hotel has no capability to regulate the heating or cooling system of the rooms. We had to open a window and get two fans to circulate the cooler outside air from the window which only cracks open. When I went outside, I viewed many windows opens in the hotel. The staff apologized, but could do nothing. If I had to stay there more than the one night, I would have left the hotel. The bathroom has a very odd configuration. When you are sitting on the toilet, your née is actually pressed against the sink, due to the triangular configuration. The service at the restaurant was average at best. The business computer for free wifi, was a stand up sauna booth in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JonathanPace, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and I would like to apologise on behalf of the team for not living up to your expectation this time round. March has been abnormally warm during the day and rather chilly during the evening, and the hotel faced a challenge to strike a balance between these two weather extremes. Nevertheless we have now rectified the situation and there are no further issues. I also note your comment about the Wifi. The internet option you mention is for our guests who do not have any portable devices. Wifi internet is available throughout the entire hotel and is free of charge

I do hope that you will give us an other opportunity to get it right. I am available to be contacted directly on jonathan.pace@corinthia.com. It would be my pleasure to take this conversation further.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I returned to England today from a 2 day business trip to Prague. The hotel is fantastic & the staff are friendly and helpful. At each meal there were lots of varieties of food which were all delicious!
The metro is a short walk from the hotel which is great.
The only negative is that the room temperature was so hot & the air con didn't work great. I stayed on the 17th floor and my view was of the road so it was incredibly noisy as I had to have the window open to try cool the room.
I will definitely be staying in a Corinthia hotel again, hopefully the next one will be London!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire team thank you for your feedback. It is great to see you enjoyed our hotel and services. We look forward to have you back with us. Should you need any assistance with your booking in London, please let me know. You can reach me on jonathan.pace@corinthia.com