“No 3* hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #481 of 661 Hotels in Prague
Reading, United Kingdom
“No 3* hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The location is great. That's the only positive aspect about this hotel. The receptionist did speak a bit of English, but really only a bit. They waitress did'nt speak English at all. The personnel was unfriendly, they seemed annoyed by foreign guests and you'll wait in vain for a good morning or goodbye.

Room Tip: If you want a cheap room, you should go to a hostel, they have private rooms. They are even cheaper...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
Sandown, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

we were allocated this hotel as part of a stag package,on first arrival,the hotel looks rundown,a very old rickety lift takes you to reception which is strangely on the second floor,the receptionist was surly and unhelpful,our room was very dated and poorly furnished,although I must say quite clean,we were on bed and breakfast the dining room was clean and the continental breakfast adequate,this hotel is very close to all city center attractions,walking time about 10 mins,having stayed in prague several times,this was very poor ,although as I have said the proximity is good,and would as we found be tolerable for a couple of nights if it comes at the right price.

Room Tip: dont stay here,as there are plenty of well priced more welcoming hotels in prague.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I used to stay in this hotel a number of years ago when I used to pass through Prague quite regularly. I had not been to Prague for about 10 years now before my recent trip. As I knew this hotel, I decided to stay there again.
I was only in Prague for one night. I booked the hotel at an extremely reasonable price.
On arrival, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and found my room was to my liking. Clean and a nice bathroom.
I was leaving early the following morning, before breakfast, and they gave me a good packed meal to take with me as I was missing breakfast. I remember the breakfasts from my previous visits all those years ago, and presume they are still as good. It was a self-service buffet-style breakfast, and had a good selection of food.
The hotel is just a short walk away from the old town, and Wenceslas Square. The main railway station is also about 5 minutes walk away, so very good location.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. I will stay there again on my next Prague visit, whenever that will be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

i had a lovely room for the money on the second floor the staff where helpful that what they are there for i have not come to spend time with them so if they are moody so what poor things are at work lol but in all the hotel so sound clean breakfast plenty they kept topping up i found the place plesaent for me stay i went with a friend for 3 days and it was enough i will be going back, but is better deal direct with the hotel or through the web like i did last time Umm ?? and for me the location was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Braga, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent location (5m-10m walking to old town square), next to a metro station and a tram station.
Clean towels every day. Good breakfast: milk, juices (not good), bread, sausages, cheese, ham, butter, cereals, ...
Small bathroom.
We've paid 15€ each per night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Alicante, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We paid for a triple room 25€ between the 3 per night. Next night we were only 2 persons and it was for 20€ between both.

This hotel is very close to the center (5min walking) and very close to the main train station (3 min walking).

Moreover, in front of this hotel there is a good restaurant where I ate the best czech food that I have tasted in Czech Republic. It's called "Potrefená Husa" and it's not too much expensive (around 8€ per penson).

Room Tip: If you book your room by internet (in booking.com) it will be cheaper than take it in the hotel rece...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arrived at around 8pm and were given a room not fit for the three of us I went to complain to the receptionist and demanded to see the manager he then went with us to the room and could see the problem straight away he then changed our room to a three bedded room-thank God.the room was a bit run down but liveable and having a shower was an art you had to hold the shower head with one hand and juggle with the shower gel.We had clean towels everyday .The best thing about the hotel is the location absolutely ten out of ten.We will go back again despite the early setback.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the trams it is a lovely sight.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel City Inn? Share your experiences!