“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Key Hotel (U modreho klice)

Blue Key Hotel (U modreho klice)
You added Blue Key Hotel (U modreho klice) to your Saves list
Blue Key Hotel (U modreho klice)
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Letenska 14, Prague 1 118 00, Czech Republic   |
Ranked #560 of 661 Hotels in Prague
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

We stayed at The Blue Key for 4 nights and were delighted with the location, the hotel is only a stones throw from Charles bridge on the castle side. Our room was adequate and clean and had a little kitchenette area. We payed around 110 a night for our room which I thought was a bit pricey considering breakfast wasn't up to much and they tried to charge us for extra on the minibar. Otherwise a nice, clean hotel in a great location, close to tram and metro stops.

• Stayed October 2005

Families
Couples
Solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2005

Booked the Blue Key Hotel for my boyfriend's 30th birthday through Trip Advisor. The hotel was stunning, a real home away from home. The room faced the tram line which I thought would be a litte noisy but was really peaceful. The room was immaculate and had a separate lounge. The hotel staff where polite and so helpful, especially when I lost my handbag!! The gentleman on reception gave us a fantastic reccomendation for dinner at the "3 fiddles" resturant about 5 mins walk away on Namenski. THE most fabulous food. 3 course meal with a great bottle of wine £60 for two. Silver service and beautiful surroundings. Booked break through trip advisor though and I would strongly recommend you don't. The run up to the trip was so stressful and they are the rudest people I have ever dealt with. Book this Hotel directly online, I promise you will not be dissapointed.

Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2005

Just returned from a wonderful stay at the Blue Key and have to say it is a gem of a hotel. Situated a stone’s throw away from the Lesser Town Square this hotel has the virtue of being within walking distance of all major attractions whilst being quietly tucked away.

To address my views on some other points made in reviews on this site I would agree not to worry about the pictures from the outside. I was a little concerned before I got there but I can reassure you that the hotel looks much better in the flesh!! Secondly the dreaded Trams!!! We were lucky because out room faced the Courtyard but frankly I’d be surprised if the trams really caused much disturbance. Perhaps in the summer months when the windows were open but, to be honest, I found them a charming feature – quite strange that one would travel to Prague and worry about such things but each to there own I suppose. I would also say that this hotel is far from shabby in my experience.

We had a lovely loft room on the third floor. The room was massive with bags of character – well I say room… It was more like a sweet with its own cooking facilities and a very tidy bathroom. I was also very impressed with how easy it was to check in. We had been warned to make the hotel aware of any arrivals after 6 pm. We arrived at gone 11pm but an email was all that sufficed to prepare them for this.

The hotel is very unusual with quaint little corridors and small clusters of steps leading you up then down again. It was also very intimate with only 28 rooms. The breakfast was very good and the staff were happy to help.

This hotel blends in perfectly to the charm of Prague and is perfect for anyone who wants a peaceful, convenient and authentic hotel in which to stay to enjoy this marvellous city.

• Stayed November 2005
Bristol, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2005

We stayed at the Blue Key when it first opened six years ago and really liked it but on returning the other week we were a little dissapointed. The room was of a good size with a sofa and decent television, but the carpet was stained and the bed linen and pillows clean but very basic. Nicely tiled bathroom with large sink but minimal shelf space, awkward shower cubicle. On the second morning we had no hot water, which although sorted out that day the water then was scolding. I burnt my shoulder on the hot water inlet of the shower mixer when I lent against it. So take care with that. Breakfast was fine, nothing elaborate but sufficient and the room is pleasant. Ended up paying £92 per night, which was cheaper than some websights but I would stay still overpriced. Wouldn't say don't stay there but it is starting to look a bit frayed round the edges and I don't think we would use again.

• Stayed October 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2005

My husband and some of our friends travel to Prague every year. We have been staying at the Blue Key for at least 6 times. Each time we are greeted as returning guests, which is nice, our rooms are fine, the breakfasts are good, and the location is the best.. We have looked at other times to see if we want to stay somewhere else, but we keep returning to the Blue Key. Radzmila and her staff are wonderful, and we are planning our next trip and again will stay at the Blue Key.

Stayed October 2004
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2005

This is a nice, quaint hotel with a friendly staff and an outstanding Continental breakfast. Definitely request a room in the back, so as not to hear the tram that goes by every few minutes. We were on the first floor in the back and never heard a sound. The decor was comical in that it looked late '70's to mid 80's. The bathroom was new and clean. The hotel is located near the Charles bridge. The view from the room is of an internal courtyard where you can sit for tea or drinks. I would stay here again because of it's bed and breakfast feel.

• Stayed July 2005
australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2005

City: Prague
Hotel: Blue Key Hotel
Date stayed: July 9 to 12 (4 nights)
Amount Paid: 100 euro per night
Booked via: ----

Location: Good, quiet location on Letenska in Lesser Quarter. The Charles Bridge is 2 to 5 minutes walk, depending on your walking speed. This area is a lot quieter than the Old Town Square and provides easy access to the castle. One drawback is that if you are on the other side of the river late at night (where all the nightlife is), it can be a pain getting back to the hotel. Taxi fares triple/quadruple/unavailable once the last metro has run. Stick to your guns though - you will need to speak to about 5 taxi drivers before you can get a reasonable fare (i.e 120cz - starting price was always 500cz). The hotel is right on the tram line about 200m walk to the nearest tram stop. The tram can be noisy, however I did not hear it from my room which looked into the central courtyard. My friend was on the top floor overlooking the street and said the tram was not too noisy (but that might be because the windows in that room were quite small). Other rooms are apparently more susceptible to tram noise. The nearest metro station is Malostranska, which is about 500m walk. Until about 6pm you can shorten the walk to the metro by cutting through some picturesque gardens that back onto Letenska (look for the large wooden door fronting Letenska). There are some nice bars and restaurants in the locale. We liked Zanzibar for drinking (large range of cocktails) and Pub II for eating (good value czech food at the end of Kampa under Charles Bridge).

Hotel Rooms:
Clean. Spacious. The minimum you can expect from a 4 star hotel in europe. Any where else and this would scrape in as 3 star. Things I liked about the room: modern air con, 2 comfy seats and table, kitchenette (only in some rooms), lockable walk-in-robe/store room. Bed was not too soft and not too hard. Linen was basic but clean. Room cleaned daily.

Hotel Facilities:
This is a 14th century building and is much nicer and with more character than it looks from the outside. There is a nice lounge with DVD player and free coffee facilities. Free internet (one PC) in reception. Sunny courtyard.

Breakfast:
Good. The usual continental breakfast with a good range of fruit, cheeses, meats, cereal, pastries and juices. Coffee from an urn was just ok. Plates of food were generally replenished quickly. Some of the pastries were past their best and should have been given to the birds the day before. You can eat brekky in the dining room or in the courtyard.

Service:
In one word: "miserable". Of the 4 desk staff we dealt with the three guys were very robotic and would always offer the bare minimum level of service. For example, questions like do you know what time the the castle start is open to were answered with "No" and then he would walk off. With these guys you didn't feel like you were a guest at all, in fact you often felt like you were intruding. I do not know if this is the norm in that part of the world, but I am certainly not used to it. Hopefully they were just temp staff and you will experience better (and indeed other reviewers seem to have).

Would I stay again?
Yes I would, but I would also look at other options in the same price range. I rate my stay as 7 out of 10.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Blue Key Hotel (U modreho klice)? Share your experiences!