I just returned from a 3-day stay in this hotel and here are my pros and cons about it. I am a 56-year-old who has also traveled to Paris, Vienna, Dresden, Croatia, Italy, and other locations.
* Excellent value
* Clean, spacious room
* Helpful, friendly reception desk
* Quiet neighborhood off the city center
* Good restaurants in the immediate area if you are tired at the end of a long day
* Although this hotel is in a quiet location, the rooms form a U shape around a courtyard. When my window was open, I could hear the other guests coming and going, and a security light would go on after dark. Using earplugs and drawing the curtains solved this issue for me.
* The included breakfast is OK but nothing special. After the first day, I opted to eat in a cafe instead. The coffee is fine.
* The location might be problematic for people who aren't comfortable using public transportation or walking (about 15 minutes into the center). It's easy to use the buses, trams, and underground, though. My friend and I took the metro to a large flea market on Sunday, and it was a lot of fun.
* Another reviewer mentioned thieves in the area, but we (2 women) walked all over, including at night, and never felt the slightest anxiety. If you don't like seeing sex cinemas, tattoo parlors, and graffiti, then you probably shouldn't go to Prague. It's a big city, with all that implies!
I gave this hotel an average review because four stars seems like too much, but it really is fine if you would prefer to spend your money on food and entertainment, rather than where you sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amadeus hotel and aparthotel in category 3* in Prague. Hotel is only 3 tram stops far from Venceslas Square and city centre. All standard rooms, studios and family apartments have own bathroom (shower+WC), small Sat-TV, dial telephone and FREE WIFI connection. Some double rooms and apartments have kitchenette and balcony. Five storey building with lift and three storey building without lift with attic windows on third floor. Secure garage in hotel, summer terrace, reception desk non-stop, coffee and beverages at reception desk, packages, and special offers, also tickets, Folklore evening, guides, sightseeing tours atc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hotel Amadeus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.