“the mould room ;]” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Amadeus

You added Amadeus to your Saves list
Amadeus
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dalimilova 359/10 | Zizkov, Prague 13000, Czech Republic (Praha 3)   |
Ranked #377 of 662 Hotels in Prague
Wroclaw, Poland
“the mould room ;]”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

+ price
+ our room was quite big
+ the breakfast was ok
+ we could leave our luggage in the 'luggage room' for all day
+ the location was fine

- the biggest disadvantage was that the room wasn't clean - there were someones' hair under the pillow, there was MOULD in the shower. Because of that, the whole apartament stink - it was disgusting.
- the neighbourhood wasn't safe - I wouldn't recoomend it for girl-friends
- the dinnig room was really nice but too small - some people had to wait for the table

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Amadeus_manager, Manager at Amadeus, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Agnieszka,
I thank you for your reviews, Please, accept my apologies for the inconvenience.
We know about problems with some shower tubs they are worn out with peeled paint.
We have already started to change them, I feel very pity you didn´t ask receptionist for other room. Please, don´t hesitate to contact receptionist or me anytime.
Mirka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

The hotel room was excellent. We rented a kitchenette for a very reasonable price. The room was big, had a fridge and stove, a balcony facing in to a beautiful common patio area, and also had a view of a not so nice backyard of someone else...

The front staff could learn a thing or two on how to treat there guests, or even how to put a smile on their face. Otherwise the price point for this room was fantastic, and it is only a couple few blocks walk to a tram stop which will help get you to any place you like. The tram and metro transportation system in Prague is excellent, you should never have to rent a taxi.

The continental breakfast here was fairly good. They had cold cuts for meat, cheese spread, taost, coffee, orange juice, cereal, yogurt, hot dogs, and a few other things. I was satisfied every morning :)

If friends needed to I would say to look at this hotel, but I myself would try something else next time that is a little closer to the main attractions. It felt just a little to far off from things which made we want to stay in at night rather than go adventure out. And not feeling welcome made this place feel a lot lest comforting.

Hello,
thank you for your opinion.
I am sorry for your feelings, We have been trying to keep our hotel welcoming, but sometime someone fail it on expense all hotel staff..
We will glad to see you again, but understand if not.
Have a nice time and lot of nice experiences from Prague
Samara, Rusia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

It is a simple hotel, but I really enjoyed my stay there. It’s not expensive, situated in quiet district. You can easily get the centre of city by tram (just a few stops). The nearest stop is at a distance of 200-300 metres from hotel. Breakfasts are average, nothing impressive. The restaurant in the hotel offers a good food at a rather high rate, but there are a great number of restaurants, cafes and bars (especially on Vilkova and Borivojova streets) so you can easily find place to eat.
Rooms, that we’ve got was not very spacious but quite comfortable and a single one has separate bathroom and toilet. A room which was close to reception was a bit noisy, so try to avoid it.
I’d say it a good place for economical stay in Prague, I would return there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Me and my husband went here early June and when we arrived we saw this so hobo looking woman at the desk.Me and my husband always keep our reservations on our mini laptop as papers get lost so easily. The lady at the desk reacted mad and rolled her eyes at us when she saw we did this. I dont know if it was because my husband is black but he felt that it was personal.Also the cleaning lady was so unfriendly!From the moment I arrived I just felt like crying as we had been looking forward to see Prague for a long time.
The breakfast room was way too small.
At night I couldnt sleep as drunks were yelling and singing in the corridor and our door did not have a good lock.I just read that robbers are active in the hotel and I am not surprised. I am happy me and my husband did not take our ipods, ipad and other luxury stuff with us.
When after site seeing we came back home we did not feel safe in the streets around the hotel.I dont know if I am just a spoiled us tourist as we normally never go low cost but at least a feeling of safety is required.Maybe people from the Eastern part of Europe feel more at ease at the hotel as most of the clients are from there but not mixed couples.
I have nothing in personal against the hotel, their rooms, food, etc but they should definitely change the female at the front because even other guests were complaining about her. I dont know her name but she is old, shabby looking, doesnt like to work and smells like cigarettes.

Dear clients,

thank you for your review, it is also usefull.
I am very sorry for not nice behavior of our reception woman.
I regret your bad feelings in hotel surroundings.
There is a lot of restaurants, bars, and pubs and people may be noisy on their way to the bed.
Yes, on spring 2011 was one room broken into, but finaly because fo client has forgoten to lock door.
I work here 8 years and I have never had a problem with robbers, although I sometimes leave late.
I hope you will visit Prague again and gain better experiences
GRAYS ESSEX ENGLAND
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

after staying at this hotel my husband i can say that we would never stay here again we found the hotel a little shabby the room its self was good ,apart from the shower which was very small and my husband being a fairly big man just about got into it .and also being woken up very early by the hotel cleaners who decided to converse outside which we felt was very incosiderate to all of the guest staying there .the breakfast room was a bit on the small side to which when we went down to breakfast on our first morning , there was no room .so we therefore went to the local shops to purchase provisions for breakfast of which we ate in our room .an expense that we have not expected to have when we had already paid for bed and breakfast .we also felt that the bed linen should be changed more often especially in the summer months.the staff apart from one person were rather rude and uncurtious would we visit prague again yes would we stay at this hotel unfortunately NO

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for your opinion, although itś not nice for me.
I hope you will enjoy your next time in Prague.
Have a nice time
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have now stayed at the Amadeus on three occasions within the last year and each time have been so pleased with the level of accommodation provided (see my previous review).

Some previous reviewers seem to have a problem with the length and gradient of the walk into the centre of the city. I always use the parallel back roads either up to the nearest tram stop or carry on for the remainder of the short walk to the Powder Tower. These roads from the Amadeus are much quieter than walking the main street and are much more interesting in terms of architectural value. The other benefit is that you sidestep the main gradients. The local maps are usually sufficiently comprehensive.

The last time I stayed at the Amadeus was again as a solo traveller and had booked single accommodation. When I reached the hotel, I found that I had been given, at no extra cost, a beautiful double room decorated in blue and white. Presumably this was only possible as it was out of season and there was spare capacity.

As with my previous visits, I could not fault the levels of cleanliness and service provided at the Amadeus and for me the accommodation's location has never presented any problems whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

I booked my room in Prague a bit too late so I had very little choice of hotels. I wont complain anything about the stay...found the place decent. However I found this place a bit too far from the bus and metro station. I would prefer another hotel which is a stone throw away from the public transport so that dont have to waste much time walking up and down every morning. Also if you are approaching from Florenc station there is a bit of uphill walk.
The breakfast was ok but compared to most other B&B's there was little choice to exercise at the breakfast.
Overall I would suggest this place to people who are on a budget trip an want to stay in Prague for more than 2 days. In case you are staying for about 2 days stay closer to the town centre even if it means paying a 10 - 15 euros more every day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Amadeus? Share your experiences!