“Splendid” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Prague

You added Four Seasons Hotel Prague to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Prague
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Veleslavinova 2a/1098 | Praha 1, Prague 11000, Czech Republic   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #18 of 662 Hotels in Prague
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“Splendid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The Four Seasons in Prag has the Best view and location of any Hotel in town, staff and service excellent. We can highly recommend a stay of 3 or 4 nights, the City has soo much to offer. Mostly done on foot. The Lobkowicz Palace , still in Private Ownership has 2 of the best Canalettos on view,also Haymaking by Pieter Brueghel and and an interesting Audiotour.,Café and Museumshop.
You have to deal with masses of tourists, but that's almost everywhere nowadays..

Room Tip: 333, corner room, spacious and view of Charles Bridge and palace, right at the Moldau River.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've stayed at many Four Seasons properties, and the Four Seasons Prague certainly did not disappoint! The location is perfect; it is a quick and easy walk from Old Town Square and The Charles Bridge. The surrounding areas has many lovely coffee houses and gift stores. Our room was in the contemporary wing, and had all of the 5 star amenities needed. The Concierge was extremely helpful (our first time to Prague) and provided a very detailed map for tourists. If it's your first time in the city, you can book the house car to pick you up from the train station or airport, and our driver, Bohumil was a wonderful tour guide en route to the hotel! We didn't dine at the hotel but the bar and restaurant had a beautiful ambiance and is one of the best in the city. All in all, a wonderful place to stay while you're in this gorgeous city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came here to celebrate my birthday and were really happy with our choice of the Four Seasons. The first "face" of the hotel was our hotel chauffeur. He was friendly, offered us waters and told us a lot about Prague.

Esther at check-in was wonderful and during our stay, went out of her way to help us figure out some connection problems. We appreciated her personal touch and getting our problem solved.

I think we were upgraded to a river view room. It felt subterranean as it was below the ground floor of the hotel. We had an incredible view of the river and castle.

The room was decorated in in Ivory, camel and gold. So beautiful. The marble and glass bathroom was gorgeous too.

Awaiting us when we walked into the room was a little birthday cake, with a beautiful marzipan relief of Old Town Prague. It was delicious. A surprise the day before my birthday was the fireworks going off outside our window. I don't know who it was for or what the celebration was about but my husband is trying to claim that he set it up! It was magical with the castle in the background. I get goosebumps thinking about it.

They didn't charge for a rollaway for our daughter ( 14 y.o) which was nice.

Their Asprey bathroom amenities were luxurious and full sized.

Concierge service ( Petr and the team) was prompt and helpful prior to our arrival. They, however, steer guests to the more upscale and expensive places. We love eating, carefully, off the grid sometimes.

If you're staying in Prague for a quick trip, this is the location to be in. The hotel was perfect for walking almost everywhere. Across the Charles Bridge , to the castle, to the Atomic clock square and all points in between. Perfect. There are restaurants in the area which are great too. No need to venture too far.

Lastly, an incredible person that needs to have special mention and be highlight is LUDMILLA, the bathroom attendant. I will never forget her. We had walked down to the river, on the back of the hotel. I was busy snapping pictures and failed to see doggie waste that I of course stepped in. All the wiping on the grass didn't work. I had to go back to the rest rooms and wash off my shoes. The grids of my shoes were the problem. I was about to give up when an attendant came in. I thought she was going to get angry that I was making a mess of the sink. Instead, she takes out some gloves and a small brush from under the sink. I thought she was going to hand them to me. Instead, she takes my shoes and says some things in Czech, then proceeds to clean my shoes. I felt so embarrassed and offered to do them myself. She insisted. She cleaned them perfectly and didn't get the top part of my shoes wet or dirty. When I handed her a tip, she refused it flatly. She kept smiling and saying no. I was not about to no for an answer. It took awhile and me insisting before she finally relented.

That, folks, is something we don't see every day. Someone doing something out of the kindness of their heart without wanting anything in return. The Four Seasons has to be exceptionally proud that they have employees such as Ludmilla. She went over and beyond the call of duty, all the while with a cheerful smile on her face.

This is the perfect place to stay when in Prague. I highly recommend it. Their staff are well trained and make you feel special and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Do get a room with a river and castle view. It is glorious.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very comfortable! Hotel has very good location with fanatics view. Make sure to get the room face the river, it’s worth to stay for couple of nights. Definitely take time to enjoy the massage, the masseuse has very good technique! The food is good. Highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

It's impossible to stay at four seasons hotel and not rate is as excellent. This hotel is no exception. But this is not my favorite four seasons Hotel.

Don't get me wrong everything about the place is beautiful but only a handful of rooms face the river and the rest face the building across the street.

Everyone was very accommodating and everything cost money.

I stated other four seasons hotels for other business meetings and the rooms were nicer and so were the views.

Don't mind spending money from time to time but I want to feel like everything is very special and I just did not have that feeling of this property. It's nothing I can put my finger on it but that's my review.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Martina V, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Prague, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Philip J,

Thank you very much for staying at Four Seasons while visiting Prague and taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
Pleased to hear you found our property beautiful. We are very sorry you didn't find our hotel and your stay as unique as in other Four Seasons. Our hotel consist of three historical structures and those are united by the newly built modern building. We are located by the Vltava river right next to the Charles Bridge. Due to the layout some of our rooms and suites have River and Prague Castle views. The rest of the rooms overlook the side or main historical streets.
Your comments were discussed within the team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and hopefully change your perception.

Thank you very much.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We arrived tired from a long journey. I did not appreciate the check in person's attempt at trying to get us to upgrade to an even better room, on the guise that it was my birthday, as it put my spouse in an awkward position. I heard later that this was done to others in our group, so it must be an effective financial practice on the hotel's part. I quickly got over my irritation with them when we got to our room. They had a lovely birthday treat waiting, and the room was perfect. The room was very large, with a spacious bathroom, and had a decent view. It was very quiet throughout, and the bed was uber comfy! There is coffee in the lobby in the morning, and the restaurant has a wonderful breakfast. There is an extensive buffet, as well as a regular menu. The Four Seasons Staff are overall very nice, and we appreciated the loan of the umbrellas on the evenings when it rained. This Hotel is close to the Charles Bridge, and to many very nice restaurants. Would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: If you want an excellent view, request a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mamus92,

Thank you very much for staying at our hotel and taking time to share your feedback with us.

We very much appreciate your kind comments about our rooms, comfortable beds, CottoCrudo restaurant and overall service level. In the same time we are very sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the check-in procedure. Please note the issue was addressed and discussed within the Front Desk team.

Thank you very much again and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Prague and our hotel.

Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a great property - super location. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful - very engaging. The rooms (in the old part) are very very nice. The food is excellent. Would highly recommend this property!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Martina V, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Prague, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Burke S,

Thank you very much for staying with your family at Four Seasons Hotel Prague and taking time to share your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff, rooms and CottoCrudo restaurant and happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much again and hope to welcome you back in Prague soon.

Director of Public Relations

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Prague? Share your experiences!